Exhaust Pressure Testing

OP
OP

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
That’s how mine is; H immediately upstream of the SB.
Sponsored

OP
OP

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Any SB dual/dual resonator welds cracking on your system ?
No, knock on wood mine is fine. I wonder if it has to do with the robustness of the band clamps and lack of a flex joint.

If I have the problem I’ll run straps from the inlet to the exit pipes.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
No, knock on wood mine is fine. I wonder if it has to do with the robustness of the band clamps and lack of a flex joint.

If I have the problem I’ll run straps from the inlet to the exit pipes.
Your running OEM cats correct ?
Got to wonder if the catalyst cells knock down the pressure spikes to a more steady laminar exhaust flow plus your H crossover ahead of the SB resonator.
Just thinking out loud.

OP
OP

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Yes, stockish cats…for now. I’ve procured some stock gt500 cats, so planning that swap.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Got the resonators welded up however i kinda want to have the front of the system v banded. Need to get under the car to figure out how/if i am going to do it.

For sound clips i will do cold starts with what i have now and what im going to for sure. But if i can get some help for drive by sounds. What would you guys like to hear? Low speeds like a subdivision/ parking lot, 50-60mph and hard accelerations? I would also do active exhaust settings. Closed, normal and track.
How did everything turn out on this setup?

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
How did everything turn out on this setup?
As far as?

I am 3" all the way to the axles now and i do like how it sounds. I have the active corsa axle backs ready to go on i was actually wanting to get on this week. We have a big snow storm coming so i guess i need to get the snow blower checked out first though. I think i need to clean the carb on it.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
As far as?

I am 3" all the way to the axles now and i do like how it sounds. I have the active corsa axle backs ready to go on i was actually wanting to get on this week. We have a big snow storm coming so i guess i need to get the snow blower checked out first though. I think i need to clean the carb on it.
Screenshot_20220701-083118_Photos.jpg

20220628_155331.jpg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
As far as?

Basically as far as sound. You never posted after so just wondered how you liked it. I’m gonna be pulling my SB muffler and looking to possibly do bullets after the x-pipe this time around.

Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Basically as far as sound. You never posted after so just wondered how you liked it. I’m gonna be pulling my SB muffler and looking to possibly do bullets after the x-pipe this time around.
Ahh. I got stuck working basically non stop and must have forgotten about it. I do have a sound clip of the active in the driveway but no drive by from my phone.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
OP
OP

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Any test results?
I logged a cat test cycle and the rear o2’s didn’t switch, so that’s positive. Otherwise, I’ve removed all the pressure testing stuff so I might just have to see how it does on a dyno.