Sponsored

Exhaust Identification

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
yes, but nothing anyone would get too excited about. 435HP is more then enough for me so engine mods are out. I've already got a rumbly exhaust so I'm good there too. For handling I might upgrade the sway bars but again from a performance perspective that is about it.

In other areas I am going to do the Sync2 to Sync3 upgrade as I really wish it had Android Auto and I want to do the in-hood turn signals because... well dangit that's pretty cool! :D

I'd like to upgrade to the Foundry wheels at some point and keep a set of sticky summer and a set of all purpose tires.

1602092423620.png

I know... I'm boring. :giggle:
Only huge downside to those wheels is they are HEAVY. ~35 lbs each. There are high quality flow-formed wheels that look great that weigh 23-25 lbs. Reducing unsprung weight improves every attribute (ride, handling, acceleration, braking, forces on the suspension components).
Sponsored

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Only huge downside to those wheels is they are HEAVY. ~35 lbs each. There are high quality flow-formed wheels that look great that weigh 23-25 lbs. Reducing unsprung weight improves every attribute (ride, handling, acceleration, braking, forces on the suspension components).
Didn't know that at all. Maybe I can find something else that looks like them. I love the look but you are right... That is a lot of metal to be lugging around.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
There you go. The boss approves of the upgrade. Ha Ha.

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I'm sad to report my car was totalled by a huge branch falling on it in a windstorm a few weeks ago.

1621342389546.png

Broke my damn heart. Even worse, the car market has gone nuts so the car I got for 29K (2015, 40K, 401 package) is now selling at every dealership I can find for 35K+. Insurance cut me a check, but it won't cover me for that price. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while. At least until the used car market settles back down.

Of course my 200K 02' F150 came out completely unscathed. Don't mind me... I'm just here griping.

If anyone happens to come across a 15+ for a reasonable price, let me know!

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Well, I'm sad to report my car was totalled by a huge branch falling on it in a windstorm a few weeks ago.

1621342389546.png

Broke my damn heart. Even worse, the car market has gone nuts so the car I got for 29K (2015, 40K, 401 package) is now selling at every dealership I can find for 35K+. Insurance cut me a check, but it won't cover me for that price. Looks like I'll be waiting for a while. At least until the used car market settles back down.

Of course my 200K 02' F150 came out completely unscathed. Don't mind me... I'm just here griping.

I would of sold my gt to vroom and gotten another one but with these outrageous prices I changed my mind. I won't find another gt for 25k or less otd with the same miles. Even with the profit I would of made with vroom, I can't stand too long without a car and I ain't driving my 4 cylinder Honda :)

I think you gotta wait it out for a while until used car prices drop

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I would of sold my gt to vroom and gotten another one but with these outrageous prices I changed my mind. I won't find another gt for 25k or less otd with the same miles. Even with the profit I would of made with vroom, I can't stand too long without a car and I ain't driving my 4 cylinder Honda :)

Agree with Em - It's a seller's market right now, and OP if you don't need to buy, wait it out - you'll be glad you did. Right now, the extreme highs we're seeing in the used market are only temporary. Good luck with your search!

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Agree with Em - It's a seller's market right now, and OP if you don't need to buy, wait it out - you'll be glad you did. Right now, the extreme highs we're seeing in the used market are only temporary. Good luck with your search!

Yeah, I fortunately have the truck to drive in the interim. Hopefully this will be a passing thing. I feel bad for anyone that has to buy a car right now. I still can't believe the prices I'm seeing. Every time I find one for a reasonable price (2015 under 50K for 26-29K) It's a salvage job or has had some sort of serious body work on the Carfax reports.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah, I fortunately have the truck to drive in the interim. Hopefully this will be a passing thing. I feel bad for anyone that has to buy a car right now. I still can't believe the prices I'm seeing. Every time I find one for a reasonable price (2015 under 50K for 26-29K) It's a salvage job or has had some sort of serious body work on the Carfax reports.
Yeah it's a real mess and the obvious supply / demand laws are taking over. In the used market it's crazy to see how much cars a few years old are going for, essentially at new car pricing in some cases. Dealers are less willing to negotiate both used and new, and more buyers willing to pay full sticker on new cars, if they don't see one they want used. Real mess! So I wish you luck in your eventual search when all this dies down. :thumbsup:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Now why would anyone want a deep impact blue S550?.....lol

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

1621342389546.png

Yikes. That is too bad. You'll be back soon when it settles down.

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Now why would anyone want a deep impact blue S550?.....lol
Man, I did love the color. I had that grey '13 GT and thought that was awesome, but the blue... Oof. :surprised: That car was sold before I ever sat in the drivers seat.

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yikes. That is too bad. You'll be back soon when it settles down.
I hope so man. Thanks to the value on the 13 keeping up pretty well (I paid just under 20K for it in 2017 and sold it 3 years later with 30K more miles for almost 17K) I was able to afford the S550 which was what I had really wanted in the first place. It actually covered the difference and landed me right where I wanted to be in the financing. Then this. :facepalm:

If I can find the right one for 30K I can still pull it off and will do so. But I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be waiting until 2022 for that.
Sponsored