Exhaust Identification

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, I just picked up a really nice Deep impact Blue 2015 GT Premium a few days ago. I had a terrific Sterling grey 2013 GT Premium I traded in on it. I was sad to see it go, but I'm totally stoked about the new car.

1601642144381-png.png

The car only had one modification on it as far as I can tell - The Mufflers. I'm 99% sure it is just a MagnaFlow axle back muffler but for the life of me I can't tell which muffler it is. I've been scouring the MagnaFlow site, google shopping, google images, American Muscle, CJ Pony parts and nothing seems to line up with what I have.
Here is a couple pics of the muffler:

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png

It's got a dual inlet (which appears to be welded) and the clamp that is clearly visible in the first pic is what makes me think it is an axle back setup. The mufflers are 11 inches long and 8 inches wide.

In other news, here is a link to a google album with pics I took of the car.

2015 Mustang GT

No, I'm not excited about it at all... :giggle::rockon:

1601642144381-png.png

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Almost looks like a RTR (which is made by Magnaflow), but I think the RTRs have a separate removable tip.

Congratulations on your "new" S550, you are going to LOVE this car :).

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That's the RTR axleback, which as mentioned is made by Magnaflow.

Do you like the sound?
Ohhhhhhh.... Ha. I saw the RTR tips and thought they were just Tips! I had no idea Magnaflow made them for RTR. Thank you so much for letting me know!!

Regarding the sound: At 1500 RPM's it drones really loud. Outside of that they sound pretty good. Loud whe you get on it and really quiet when you are just cruising. Nice rumble at idle.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Ohhhhhhh.... Ha. I saw the RTR tips and thought they were just Tips! I had no idea Magnaflow made them for RTR. Thank you so much for letting me know!!

Regarding the sound: At 1500 RPM's it drones really loud. Outside of that they sound pretty good. Loud whe you get on it and really quiet when you are just cruising. Nice rumble at idle.
Yeah, some brands are known for having no drone. That's not one of them.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If you are looking for an exhaust with minimal to no drone, I would highly suggest a Corsa setup. They usually put a lot of effort into eliminating it on most of their setups.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey guys, I just picked up a really nice Deep impact Blue 2015 GT Premium a few days ago. I had a terrific Sterling grey 2013 GT Premium I traded in on it. I was sad to see it go, but I'm totally stoked about the new car.

1601642144381-png.png

The car only had one modification on it as far as I can tell - The Mufflers. I'm 99% sure it is just a MagnaFlow axle back muffler but for the life of me I can't tell which muffler it is. I've been scouring the MagnaFlow site, google shopping, google images, American Muscle, CJ Pony parts and nothing seems to line up with what I have.

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png

It's got a dual inlet (which appears to be welded) and the clamp that is clearly visible in the first pic is what makes me think it is an axle back setup. The mufflers are 11 inches long and 8 inches wide.

Discussion Starter • #1 • 4 d ago
Hey guys, I just picked up a really nice 2015 GT Premium a few days ago. I had a terrific 2013 GT Premium I traded in on it. I was sad to see it go, but I'm totally stoked about the new car.

1601642144381-png.png

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png

2015 Mustang GT

RTR edition Magnaflow, really nice catback. Congrats on the car!

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you are looking for an exhaust with minimal to no drone, I would highly suggest a Corsa setup. They usually put a lot of effort into eliminating it on most of their setups.
Hey thanks man. For right now I'm going to hang with the RTR for a little while and see how it sits with me after a month or two. The drone is pretty easy to avoid and is only bothersome around town. If I put it in sport mode or manage the shifts myself via the paddles it's not a problem at all.

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
RTR edition Magnaflow, really nice catback. Congrats on the car!
Thanks man. I'm really excited about finally getting into the S550 I had wanted from the beginning. The 13 was a terrific car, but this one I'm over the moon about.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0

1601642144381-png.png

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png

2015 Mustang GT

1601642144381-png.png

1601642733597-png.png

1601642787998-png.png

Congrats on your purchase! That blue is really nice! Any further mods planned for the future?

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Thanks man. I'm really excited about finally getting into the S550 I had wanted from the beginning. The 13 was a terrific car, but this one I'm over the moon about.
If you have any more questions about your car or decide to modify it we can get you taken care of here at www.lethalperformance.com!

OP
OP
REVTMOLO

REVTMOLO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on your purchase! That blue is really nice! Any further mods planned for the future?
yes, but nothing anyone would get too excited about. 435HP is more then enough for me so engine mods are out. I've already got a rumbly exhaust so I'm good there too. For handling I might upgrade the sway bars but again from a performance perspective that is about it.

In other areas I am going to do the Sync2 to Sync3 upgrade as I really wish it had Android Auto and I want to do the in-hood turn signals because... well dangit that's pretty cool! :D

I'd like to upgrade to the Foundry wheels at some point and keep a set of sticky summer and a set of all purpose tires.

1602092423620.png

I know... I'm boring. :giggle:

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
yes, but nothing anyone would get too excited about. 435HP is more then enough for me so engine mods are out. I've already got a rumbly exhaust so I'm good there too. For handling I might upgrade the sway bars but again from a performance perspective that is about it.

In other areas I am going to do the Sync2 to Sync3 upgrade as I really wish it had Android Auto and I want to do the in-hood turn signals because... well dangit that's pretty cool! :D

I'd like to upgrade to the Foundry wheels at some point and keep a set of sticky summer and a set of all purpose tires.

1602092423620.png

Haha, nice! Not boring man. Your build, your dream! Enjoy!

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT

1602092423620.png

Congratulations. Build it to your satisfaction.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Welcome! Sync 3 is indeed a must!
Sponsored