Sponsored

Exhaust ideas? Wanting more rumble.

philipchai

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium (Lightning Blue)
Hello all! I’m on a quest that may have no ending and I may just need to face the facts.. I have a 2019 Ecoboost mustang currently equipped with the Mbrp race cat back.. and I’m a bit let down at how “not throaty” it sounds. I have had the exhaust for months and I love it BUT I want a little bit more in tone. Can this be solved by adding in the 3 inch dp? I heard that will make it more raspy, hard to tell through the YouTube videos as it sounds exactly the same. I just want more rumble! I’ve seen other 4 bangers pull It off, but not the Ecoboost, why is that? What can I do? Any suggestions are appreciated!
I did the AWE Touring axle back with Roush y-pipe resonator delete. Its very deep...
Sponsored

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
Got some footage of warm-start up and accelerating. Note: camera can't pick up the low tone.:)

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
Care to share a video how it sounds? LOL

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Hi Scarlet, if you were looking for something a little less raspy, our systems have been known to be one of the deepest-sounding exhausts for the EBs. We have the less aggressive Street system if you were wanting a conservative sound or planning on upgrading downpipes and such, or the Competition system that has a fairly aggressive sound right out of the box with no other mods necessary. If, by chance, we can answer any questions for you, please feel free to send us a PM or give us a call anytime during the week at 1-800-990-0905!

Sponsored

TunedN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jet
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3L, 2013 Ford Focus SEL, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Hi Scarlet, if you were looking for something a little less raspy, our systems have been known to be one of the deepest-sounding exhausts for the EBs. We have the less aggressive Street system if you were wanting a conservative sound or planning on upgrading downpipes and such, or the Competition system that has a fairly aggressive sound right out of the box with no other mods necessary. If, by chance, we can answer any questions for you, please feel free to send us a PM or give us a call anytime during the week at 1-800-990-0905!
I can verify this as an owner of the street version. Lots of people think I have a GT based on the sound. Race version is louder and lets more of that I4 sound through. I doubt you'd even get 2 extra horsepower from the race version because you just can't put that much exhaust out of a 2.3L engine. From past experience with loud mufflers, they're really a literal headache on the highway. Just user preference, but I love the street version.

I'm planning to cut it at the Y and upgrade to 3.5" inlet in the near future. We'll see how that goes. Sounds great, but I'm not a real fan of the gas velocity being cut in half as it's at its coldest. If they had an axle-back street version I would have likely got that instead.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I can verify this as an owner of the street version. Lots of people think I have a GT based on the sound. Race version is louder and lets more of that I4 sound through. I doubt you'd even get 2 extra horsepower from the race version because you just can't put that much exhaust out of a 2.3L engine. From past experience with loud mufflers, they're really a literal headache on the highway. Just user preference, but I love the street version.

I'm planning to cut it at the Y and upgrade to 3.5" inlet in the near future. We'll see how that goes. Sounds great, but I'm not a real fan of the gas velocity being cut in half as it's at its coldest. If they had an axle-back street version I would have likely got that instead.
There is no way this street version can be confused for a v8. A muffler delete sounds deeper than that.

This is a very cold start after sitting for a few days. You can definitely hear the deep turbo in the exhaust.

TunedN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jet
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3L, 2013 Ford Focus SEL, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
There is no way this street version can be confused for a v8. A muffler delete sounds deeper than that.

This is a very cold start after sitting for a few days. You can definitely hear the deep turbo in the exhaust.

My car sounds NOTHING like that video from AM. I would agree with you the car in that first video sounds like an I4. My guess is that car already has an aftermarket downpipe to make that sound...or really bad recording equipment. I'm still running a factory downpipe with the MF catback until my gasket arrives and I get this thing finished. Mine sounds more like the second video, but less raspy and just smoother/mellower. Maybe it has a little to do with my tune also. Who knows.

idk what to tell you. I'm speaking of my actual experience. Many people have asked me if it's a GT after hearing it at gas stations, car washes, restaurants, etc. I'm not talking racers and mechanics, but the general public and a few "car guys" who are used to a 4 banger with a muffler sounding like an angry mosquito.

BlackBoostedGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT WhippleCharged
When I had the ecoboost I had MBRP race and a catless downpipe. RPM before 4500 was pretty nice. When not in WOT it also sounded nice above 4500rpm. I might be biased though as ive always liked the sound of some trubo 4 cars.

photonarbiter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium (AT)
Just cut everything off

Hi I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you noticed an issue with the X-Lume pony where the chrome finish starts to peel off. I've had that happen to two of them already.

Sponsored

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Hi I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you noticed an issue with the X-Lume pony where the chrome finish starts to peel off. I've had that happen to two of them already.
Contact them. They had a bad manufacturer and have moved it to the US since then.

photonarbiter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium (AT)

doobynuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Their product has not improved at all nor has their customer service. Good luck getting a response. I have been emailing and messaging them for months

front.jpg

rear pony.jpg

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I can vouch for the MagnaFlow Street Cat back as well. I have the sytem paired with with a CVF catted downpipe and it sounds really good. Deep and not raspy or farty sounding.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You can make a 4-cyl loud, but it's tough to make it sound good. The best I've heard are the old-school F-1 cars that run ungodly boost. The worst was the Realtime Acura Integra race cars from about 20 years ago: 10k RPM and piercing. They make you want to jam an ice pick in your own head just to make the noise go away.
Sponsored