BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Not sure what you mean by too muted. As in its a low tone but not obnoxious enough? You might be correct, however you CANNOT go off of audio on the computer for anything like this. 99% of the time its all filmed with non appropriate microphones (cell phones, built in mics, etc) and nothing sounds like what your ears will hear anyway. And to another point, you need the appropriate speakers \ listening device to even consume said appropriately authentic filmed audio.

To be fair, as mentioned previously, you're not going to get anything near a Subaru Boxer engine tone with these I4's.
I’m using some headphones to best accurately listen to these clips. A lot of reviews say it’s really low but not very loud. I like a louder exhaust personally.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Not sure what you mean by too muted. As in its a low tone but not obnoxious enough? You might be correct, however you CANNOT go off of audio on the computer for anything like this. 99% of the time its all filmed with non appropriate microphones (cell phones, built in mics, etc) and nothing sounds like what your ears will hear anyway. And to another point, you need the appropriate speakers \ listening device to even consume said appropriately authentic filmed audio.

To be fair, as mentioned previously, you're not going to get anything near a Subaru Boxer engine tone with these I4's.
And since I know what a cat back exhaust sounds like on these cars, I have some reference to these now.

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
My recommendation is to simply cut the mufflers off and replace the stock exhaust tips with resonated ones. @JohnDoe did this and inspired me to do mine the same. The sound is perfect IMO. The resonated tips keep it from being obnoxious and droning, while the muffler delete really wakes up the exhaust. Cheap and worth every penny. I paid 100 for labor plus 80 for the resonated exhaust tips.

OP
OP
BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
My recommendation is to simply cut the mufflers off and replace the stock exhaust tips with resonated ones. @JohnDoe did this and inspired me to do mine the same. The sound is perfect IMO. The resonated tips keep it from being obnoxious and droning, while the muffler delete really wakes up the exhaust. Cheap and worth every penny. I paid 100 for labor plus 80 for the resonated exhaust tips.
I already have an MBRP Race catback exhaust on my car. So that would not yield the same result. UPDATE: Saw a post from the man himself, Adam from tune plus said a dp combined with the mbrp race catback is very rough on drone and is very raspy on the top end. :( Sad to hear that.

Sponsored

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Try the MBRP XP Cat-Back Race exhaust, very good grumble paired with a mishimoto down pipe. I get a ton of compliments when I go to car meets so I assume it works pretty well lol
Hi I am planning to use this setup soon. Did you have to tune the car to use the downpipe? Is there any drone? I also got a Ultra quiet resonator that I plan to use in case there is any drone. I saw a clip on a mustang with a turbo back and the resonator made the car sound pretty nice with a more deep tone
thanks

OP
OP
BoostedScarlett

BoostedScarlett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Ecoboost
Hi I am planning to use this setup soon. Did you have to tune the car to use the downpipe? Is there any drone? I also got a Ultra quiet resonator that I plan to use in case there is any drone. I saw a clip on a mustang with a turbo back and teh resonator made the car sound pretty nice with a more deep tone
thanks
I was also interested in the idea of adding a resonator with the Down pipe. No clips of that setup on YouTube yet..

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hello all! I’m on a quest that may have no ending and I may just need to face the facts.. I have a 2019 Ecoboost mustang currently equipped with the Mbrp race cat back.. and I’m a bit let down at how “not throaty” it sounds. I have had the exhaust for months and I love it BUT I want a little bit more in tone. Can this be solved by adding in the 3 inch dp? I heard that will make it more raspy, hard to tell through the YouTube videos as it sounds exactly the same. I just want more rumble! I’ve seen other 4 bangers pull It off, but not the Ecoboost, why is that? What can I do? Any suggestions are appreciated!
You will never get a good throaty V8 noise out of an ecoboost but you can get a better tone note to make it sound more of a fine tuned sports car. I had the MBRP race catback with a 3" catless downpipe and it sounded great. If you need any of these parts I can get you hooked up here at @LethalPerformance! Shoot me a message if you have any questions or would like to place an order! #Teamlethal

Sponsored

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hi I am planning to use this setup soon. Did you have to tune the car to use the downpipe? Is there any drone? I also got a Ultra quiet resonator that I plan to use in case there is any drone. I saw a clip on a mustang with a turbo back and the resonator made the car sound pretty nice with a more deep tone
thanks
No tune required for it, just pure amazing sound! There is definitely a drone in 1st and 2nd gear though but when you are punching it, it sounds like a v8 lol its great! Ill see if I can do a video later.

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
No tune required for it, just pure amazing sound! There is definitely a drone in 1st and 2nd gear though but when you are punching it, it sounds like a v8 lol its great! Ill see if I can do a video later.
That would be cool!
thanks

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
I'm currently running on MBRP cat-back STREET version, not loud at all during low rpm, but it still have some deep rumble like a big cat (in my situation which I don't want too much attention in my school parking lot) (and some vibes mic can't pick up) I'm very satisfied. Not fierce but darn good for me at higher rpm. (first car when I'm driving it I don't want to play music...) But if yr enjoying the loud sound of "I'm an awesome turbo four and I don't think what others say." This system might be lacking some of that "confident" as in RACE version.

NickZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Mustang GT, 2017 Lexus GX460
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Air Aid Intake Tube in place with KN drop in. Those seem to clam the cat back and lowered its sound at the same time.
Sponsored