Sponsored

Exhaust advice

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
I measured my cutoff factory resonator and yes it does neck down to about 2.25" at the front end but is larger thoughout the inner body. Even the aft end on mine is pinched down in the same manner but not quite as much.
The MF Tru-x I installed is 2.5" from end to end and it does provide the much needed scavenging as [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] mentions missing from the factory res, especially at higher rpm's.
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I have to make a hard decision, I'm split between the awe touring catback or the corsa sport catback for my gt. I love the 4.5 inch tips on the corsa and have heard many videos of it. I haven't found many on the awe but I've read on the forum that it's great. Any advice?
I wanted a system that had a deep tone but on the mild side. I had my contenders narrowed down to AWE, Corsa and Krona. Then a long stretch of analysis paralysis unable to pick the "right" one. Finally decided to just go with my gut and went with the Corsa Sport cat back 3 weeks ago. Other than the loud cold start it's perfect.

Contact the vendors previously mentioned. I ordered from Hypermotive, great price and fast shipping.

Last but not least....cold starts are very loud, could be an issue if you don't have a garage and neighbors. Once the car is warmed up the Corsa Sport is neighbor friendly.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
I have to make a hard decision, I'm split between the awe touring catback or the corsa sport catback for my gt. I love the 4.5 inch tips on the corsa and have heard many videos of it. I haven't found many on the awe but I've read on the forum that it's great. Any advice?
I've realized at this point that I was never really replying to the originator of the thread's question/the originator, but rather somebody mid-thread. I just installed my Corsa Xtreme and I absolutely love it. If you're looking for something a bit milder, Terry at Beefcake who I bought the Corsa from was really talking extremely highly of the AWE touring system. Vids don't do it justice, it's absolutely amazing in person according to him. Price is a bit steeper, but from what I've read on the boards so far the people that have bought them absolutely love them. So essentially, if I could poke you toward something a bit more hardcore by saying you can totally control the volume with your throttle, I'd say Corsa Xtreme from personal experience. If not, AWE touring all the way. Either way, reach out to Beefcake, not a chance you'll regret it.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I wanted a system that had a deep tone but on the mild side. I had my contenders narrowed down to AWE, Corsa and Krona. Then a long stretch of analysis paralysis unable to pick the "right" one. Finally decided to just go with my gut and went with the Corsa Sport cat back 3 weeks ago. Other than the loud cold start it's perfect.

Contact the vendors previously mentioned. I ordered from Hypermotive, great price and fast shipping.

Last but not least....cold starts are very loud, could be an issue if you don't have a garage and neighbors. Once the car is warmed up the Corsa Sport is neighbor friendly.
I think almost any catback though are going to suffer from cold start blues. Ford ramps up the idle so much that it's impossible to avoid.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you're tuned, you can have your tuner chop the cold start by bringing the timing advance to normal pretty much immediately after it fires up. Mine is loud for about 1.5-2 seconds and then settles down to about where the stock exhaust cold start was, just a bit quieter than that. No worries on hardware, though, the only effect is cold start emissions. It'll just take a bit longer to fully warm up the cats.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I think almost any catback though are going to suffer from cold start blues. Ford ramps up the idle so much that it's impossible to avoid.
That's what I've read as well, along with posts from others here who have had neighbor issues during cold starts. I pretty much dismissed the warnings. I installed the exhaust over a weekend and being mid July the car didn't need much warm up during the day and wasn't loud during start up. Early AM on Monday when I fired it up I about shat myself. The car is in a garage which echoes/amplifies the noise but it sure sounded like it could wake the dead. Damn....I was Now I crack my garage door enough for fumes to escape and wait until the mayhem subsides before leaving early.
Sponsored