Sponsored

Excessive Wind Noise

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, looking at your rubber seal made me even more adamant in the fact that I need to purchase a new rubber seal lol. Yours is looking solid, mines all messed up and soft.
Are you sure it just hasn't become 'untucked' from behind the B pillar ? Maybe helped by the initial fitment or final position of the louvers ?

Can it be tucked back under / re-seated ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VermilionCoyote
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Are you sure it just hasn't become 'untucked' from behind the B pillar ? Maybe helped by the initial fitment or final position of the louvers ?

Can it be tucked back under / re-seated ?

Im very sure, I played around with the corner of the rubber seal several times but couldn't get it to make full contact with the glass, no matter what I did. It's as if the corner portion isnt wide enough, at one point I did get the window to line up perfectly parallel but even then the rubber seal doesnt make contact. So far the temporary fix is holding up good though so I'll stick with that for now

My car is among the first batch of 2018's that were produced... Made in December, 2017. First batches are always the problematic ones aye ;)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure that area got changed with the 2018 facelift ?

Either way, I hope you get it all sorted :like:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VermilionCoyote
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm not sure that area got changed with the 2018 facelift ?

Either way, I hope you get it all sorted :like:

I dont think it did either, I suppose my car just got fitted with a crappy defect weatherstrip from the factory :/

Nonetheless it shouldnt take me more than 10 minutes to replace it when I get the new one, easy fix.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Coming back into this one - attached find the S550 window alignment docs. This is for a COUPE. I had posted similar docs in the convertible section as each is specific to the body type.

Attachments

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Coming back into this one - attached find the S550 window alignment docs. This is for a COUPE. I had posted similar docs in the convertible section as each is specific to the body type.
Great info thanks, I have saved it for future reference :like:

Looking at this diagram :

1626867519227.png

It looks like I got lucky with who adjusted mine at the factory !

Sponsored