Sponsored

Exceladyne Catback Review

TWPrice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have been frequenting these boards for a while in order to glean technical information on the mustang but this is my first post. I have been searching for a good exhaust system that sounded unique almost since I purchased my car over a year ago. Basically everything available either sounded the same or experienced drone to a certain degree.

I came across the posting by Beyond Redline and their Exceladyne exhaust system. I had never heard of the company before so I did a little investigating and they had good reviews in the Hyundai community, the exhaust sounded unique, and the price point was hard to argue with so I pulled the trigger and here are my thoughts on the exhaust after having it on my car for about 200 miles.

FIT/FINISH:
Overall the exhaust looks great, the mufflers and x-pipe are polished and the weld quality looks great. This obviously isn’t generic parts pieced together and rebranded. As you can see the mufflers use a resonated straight through design so backpressure should be laughably low. Everything seems to fit very well and it didn’t take too long to get it installed and lined up. The only issue I seem to be having is one tip sits a little close to the bumper cut-out but I believe this is more an issue with the factory exhaust hanger than the muffler since my factory tips didn’t quite line up either (go Ford build quality).
Exhaustpic1.jpg

APPEARANCE:
As mentioned previously the exhaust tips and muffler come polished and look fantastic. It’s hard to tell from some of the pictures but the tips are angled slightly to more closely line up with the curve of the bumper. The tips don’t stick out very far which I like but some people may not like the more subdued look.
Exhaustpic3.jpg

SOUND:
Even though the system is built well and looks good, most people buy an exhaust system for the sound. My biggest complaint with my car was after installing the Ford Racing X-Pipe with the stock mufflers it almost sounded like a V6 at high RPM. Thankfully this exhaust system changed that without piercing any ear drums. Even with the x-pipe version I would say this is a more mellow exhaust. It has a very low burble for idle and progressively gets higher pitched as the RPMs increase. It has a very slight amount of rasp but not very much and so far I have experienced ZERO drone at any RPM. I have even tried to make it drone in 6th on the freeway and couldn’t.

SUMMARY:
I have no idea why more people haven’t tried this exhaust. The build quality is excellent, the price is fantastic and the sound is unlike anything else available. I work with several mustang owners who all have various exhaust systems and none sound like mine. If you have any doubts just do yourself a favor and try it, there is no reason to sound like everyone else.

Exhaust Video Coming soon once I figure out how to upload it properly to YouTube. I'm somewhat new to posting on forums so formatting everything is a little tough for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The reason why more people haven't tried this is they are too busy circle jerking around the Corsa campfire.

Corsa makes a fine product, just not the best exhaust for everyone. It's nice to have options. This forum will push Whipple (again a fantastic product) and Corsa down everyones throats, and don't bother disagreeing.

Looking forward to your video.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
... This forum will push Whipple (again a fantastic product) and Corsa down everyones throats, and don't bother disagreeing.

Looking forward to your video.
RIP in peace brother. Incoming perma-ban. Haha

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I actually have the Corsa Sport catback with headers but I'll be giving this one a try within a month or so. The Corsa does sound great but has a bit of rasp in the midrange. In the videos I've seen this one with resonated mid muffler has a deeper tone which I like.
I work within 15 minutes of their shop as wel and have held all the parts and looked them over already. For sure they are built very well. I'll be leaving a review/comparison as well once I try these out.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This looks extremely well made. Glad you like it! That X-pipe looks to be one of the highest quality I've seen. It's nice that there's more quality systems on the market that leave little to compromise.

Regarding the Corsa comment above: No, their sound isn't for everyone, but there's a reason why so many people on here buy them and love them. That is all.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I posted asking about it in the exhaust sticky. Thanks a lot. It looks fantastic. Looking for a quality alternative that sounds great with my SW catted longtubes. I have a hpipe too and mine has that terrible metal flap smaking a can sound on acceleration.

OP
OP

TWPrice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Update:

Finally had a chance to upload a short video. Sorry about the terrible quality, I'll get something better put up shortly.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]HgpEpwa-a7o[/MEDIA]"]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Very smooth!

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
Update:

Finally had a chance to upload a short video. Sorry about the terrible quality, I'll get something better put up shortly.

that sounds very good and not raspy at all. I still think Ill go with the resonated x pipe though.

Sponsored

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
How is the cabin noise.

xjester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem w/PP
Build quality looks pretty good. Not sure what it is about the sound, but it just sounds properly sorted out. Almost like this is what stock should sound like. V8 presence, great tone, enough vroom to get the blood pumpin', but no mechanical, tinny rasp.

I really like this.

How is the volume level over stock?

OP
OP

TWPrice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The interior volume is very mellow. I already had the Ford X pipe and my car has excessive NVH due to all of the suspension and bushing work I've had done to it. It doesn't drone at all and it's barely louder than stock inside. The sound is a little misleading though, videos don't do it justice. The idle is very deep and the tone never goes past a certain point regardless of rpm.
Sponsored