Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm so used to car people dissing Consumer Reports. I respect your courage to proclaim your support for that rag. ๐Ÿ‘
I was thinking the same thing! ๐Ÿ˜†

The funny thing about that was that Tesla was still rated higher than every single American manufacturer except Buick, and Ford was WAY down the list.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Ford just had back to back best months ever for the Lightning. :bandit:
Meanwhile 4000 dealers sent a letter to Biden to slow the EV roll.

400 Ford dealers left the EV program, they don't want to sell them anymore.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was thinking the same thing! ๐Ÿ˜†

The funny thing about that was that Tesla was still rated higher than every single American manufacturer except Buick, and Ford was WAY down the list.
Yep. There are EVs and there are... EVs and never the twain shall meet.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Aside from the fact that many dealers don't want EVs because they make more money per vehicle selling and maintaining ICE vehicles, there is also the age old disdain for change. Before I ordered my Cadillac in 2013 and wanting a test drive of an ATS with manual trans, I was treated by the salespeople like the folks on the group W bench initially treated Arlo.

Plus, the mandates are stupid almost beyond belief.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ford just had back to back best months ever for the Lightning. :bandit:
And forced Tesla to copy them. No way Tesla would have gave the Cyber truck the ability to power your house during an outage if Ford didn't let the Lightning export its power as well as import it. Not a good thing for Tesla (and other) powerwall business.

I had zero interest in a $100k 2.4 second pickup, but being able to power my house moved the needle off zero. For anyone considering a powerwall or competitor but not wanting solar that $100k (or $80k for a 4 second model) no longer looks too expensive.

Still not an option for me because my wife draws the line at walking me to a vehicle with a blindfold on so I don't puke when I see it.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Great, that doesnโ€™t change the fact that the truck just had its two best months ever.

They arenโ€™t made for everyone but they are clearly made for someone.

Sponsored

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Nature? What is natural about automotive propulsion?

Automakers have been looking for viable alternatives to ICE for decades.

Its here now. ICE isnt going away anytime soon so the incessant crying and complaining seems useless to me.
I think that itโ€™s vitally important for those that have reasonable objections and see all the flaws in this mad rush to go EV to speak out and be heard. Think of all the other stuff, and thereโ€™s a TON, thatโ€™s coming back to bite America in the ass in the last few years because not enough people spoke out when it would have mattered. If youโ€™re tracking you can formulate the list immediately but if I go into it Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll slam right over the line into โ€œpoliticalโ€ and I do believe thatโ€™s frowned upon โ€™round these parts.

JFBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I think that itโ€™s vitally important for those that have reasonable objections and see all the flaws in this mad rush to go EV to speak out and be heard. Think of all the other stuff, and thereโ€™s a TON, thatโ€™s coming back to bite America in the ass in the last few years because not enough people spoke out when it would have mattered. If youโ€™re tracking you can formulate the list immediately but if I go into it Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll slam right over the line into โ€œpoliticalโ€ and I do believe thatโ€™s frowned upon โ€™round these parts.
Mad rush? You think this is a mad rush?

I donโ€™t think anyone has had any hesitation speaking about the flaws of EVs.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
And forced Tesla to copy them. No way Tesla would have gave the Cyber truck the ability to power your house during an outage if Ford didn't let the Lightning export its power as well as import it. Not a good thing for Tesla (and other) powerwall business.

I had zero interest in a $100k 2.4 second pickup, but being able to power my house moved the needle off zero. For anyone considering a powerwall or competitor but not wanting solar that $100k (or $80k for a 4 second model) no longer looks too expensive.

Still not an option for me because my wife draws the line at walking me to a vehicle with a blindfold on so I don't puke when I see it.
Iโ€™m sorry, but anyone justifying an extra $20K-$40K for a truck just so it can power your house for maybe a couple days and then leave you stranded, might want to consider much more viable and significantly cheaper options.

IMG_4769.jpeg

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Mad rush? You think this is a mad rush?

I donโ€™t think anyone has had any hesitation speaking about the flaws of EVs.
I sure do. Manufacturers unable to fill orders for ICE vehicles as they attempt to gear up to meet the pie in the sky deadlines for all EV vehicles thrown around by politicians and media, you remember them, the ones in control. It was just a week or so ago that FINALLY, some automakers/dealers/sellers got together in an actual coordinated fashion to say itโ€™s past time to โ€œpump the brakesโ€œ on the rush to go EV. In terms of politics and policy change, this has certainly been a โ€œrush.โ€ Think of the decades the border has been โ€œbeing fixedโ€ for context on what slow looks like.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Iโ€™m sorry, but anyone justifying an extra $20K-$40K for a truck just so it can power your house for maybe a couple days and then leave you stranded, might want to consider much more viable and significantly cheaper options.

IMG_4769.jpeg
Generac makes great products. I have been pricing them to see how much it would cost to handle everything in my small house. I already have the electrician who will do the install. My gut feel is we will need it as weather gets more extreme.
Sponsored