Sponsored

EV's.......... 😂😂😂😂😂

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought collectors paid extra for patina.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Kind of makes you wonder what grade of stainless they are using? Also, who in their right mind would buy one?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Found this of interest, but likely not for the reason the author intended. My contrary take goes along the lines of how major climate alarmist experts have been wrong regarding the timelines for so many decades. Similar to my take about the climate warming models we are to trust so much yet are known to be off in some ways.

For those who want to believe this new information may spur them on to renewed efforts to save the planet or some such. If true, I see that the many climate experts who have lately been assuring us of their detailed knowledge and understanding have been off by some period of time. A decade for “the risk of dangerous climate change” and 80 years for estimates of when the world started warming.

Had the climate alarmist done the science in a traditional manner new information would not derail the confidence we ought to have in their “set in stone” conclusions. You know how for the last years how we must throw away working and reliable energy + transport systems, throw away entire lifestyles including foods we can eat.

I am confident a true believer can spin this but so many have me on ignore now days.

Oops, Scientists May Have Miscalculated Our Global Warming Timeline (msn.com)

“Whatever your stance is on climate change (it’s real, let’s move on), it’s impossible to have missed the near-ubiquitous call to action to “keep temperatures from exceeding 1.5 degrees Celsius compared to pre-industrial levels.”

“Well, a new paper from the University Western Australia Oceans Institute has some bad news: The world might’ve blown past that threshold four years ago.”

“By analyzing strontium to calcium ratios in these sponges, the team could effectively calculate water temperatures dating back to 1700”

“The big picture is that the global warming clock for emissions reductions to minimize the risk of dangerous climate change has been brought forward by at least a decade,”

“The study concludes that the world started warming roughly 80 years before the IPCC’s estimates, and that we already surpassed 1.7 degrees Celsius in 2020.”

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They keep claiming disaster, what disasters did we have when it was warm enough to have wine orchards in the UK?

The Earth has been warming since the last ice age and will continue to do so until the NEXT ice age.

The one I laugh at is "the ocean currents will stop". BS The currents are caused from the Earth spinning. So I suppose they think if it warms 2 degrees the Earth will stop spinning.

Why people believe this crap is beyond me, they must not have had a real science education.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
The one I laugh at is "the ocean currents will stop". BS The currents are caused from the Earth spinning. So I suppose they think if it warms 2 degrees the Earth will stop spinning.
Hello; I was still teaching when I first read about the speculation that ice melting will change the salinity of ocean water and alter major ocean currents. So, before 2004. It is the Gulf Stream I recall in particular. The huge volume of ocean water which flows up the east coast of the North American continent.
If I recall correctly fresh water from the melting ice will dilute water coming from maybe Hudson Bay. Is expected to disrupt the turn to the east across the north Atlantic. Is supposed to affect the climate around the British Isles but I do not recall exactly how just now.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; A fascinating read. I pulled several quotes but there are still some good ones left in the story. Form your own opinion. I already have.

Green Tyrants Suffer Huge Financial Blow as Investment Giants Pull Out Left and Right (msn.com)

“The tyranny of green might have gone too far.”

“The announcement last week that investment giants JPMorgan Chase and State Street have pulled out of the world's largest coalition of groups waging financial war on fossil fuels is a sign that even spineless bankers can find a backbone if they're pushed too hard.”

“But the implications of the moves might be even bigger, since they show not only fractures in the climate-nuts coalition, they also show that the major monetary institutions haven't turned themselves solely into subsidiaries of Green Inc. (though they're still on the hook for hypocrisy)”

“According to The Washington Times, JPMorgan and State Street cited a demand announced by Climate Action 100+ last year that it wanted members to "disclose more details about their investment decisions."

“In other words, it was tightening the reins on some of the wealthiest, most powerful corporations in the world to try to force them into ever greater compliance with the green agenda.”

Fiduciary duty" means an asset management firm must make its top priority the best interests of its investors. Letting the radicals from Climate Action 100+ pore over the books and analyze decisions in light of their supposed harm to the environment would essentially be surrendering crucial independence.”

“So, a financial world that has found it convenient to surrender to the hysteria of climate change has suddenly found the courage to push back.”

“And, seeing clearly where that "natural and logical evolution" was going, those ace minds at JPMorgan, State Street and BlackRock decided that it might be a good time to head for the exits.”

“It's noteworthy here that in doing so, they're giving the Climate Action 100+ freaks a taste of their own medicine. The Davos-style elite would like nothing better than to starve any dissenters out of the marketplace by depriving them of funding.”

“Depriving them of $14 trillion is a step in the right direction, even if it's being taken by those who've been complicit for so long.”

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Recent vid put out by one of the bigger Twin Cites news channels, plainly spelling out how well EVs work out in greater Minnesota currently.

Mind you, the temps were in the high 30s when this was made. Far from a typical Minnesota winter. The video would have been markedly different back in January when we were seeing more typical -40 windchill temps.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
they must not have had a real science education
they don't teach penmenship or even Math. And you expect a curriculum that involves logic, or something hard like science? If you can't do even moderately complicated math, you can't do even the simplest form of Science.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

Recent vid put out by one of the bigger Twin Cites news channels, plainly spelling out how well EVs work out in greater Minnesota currently.

Mind you, the temps were in the high 30s when this was made. Far from a typical Minnesota winter. The video would have been markedly different back in January when we were seeing more typical -40 windchill temps.
Hello; Watched the video. Did not improve my take about using one. Still a primitive road trip vehicle. For me that empty parking lot holds two problems. One being at my age not having a toilet handy would be an issue. Second being I wonder how long before the human predators will take advantage of the isolated spot. Not sure if that is a victim state where a person is not allowed to have adequate self protection.

I did not add up all the charging time so cannot say how many hours the EV added to a normal trip.

Last thought. Near the end the reporter claimed to have some miles of charge left. My take is this is not like having say half a tank in an ICE. In an ICE the next morning you still have half a tank. With an EV some amount of charge is always being used up. I think maybe to keep the battery pack warm for one thing.

Still too inferior to an ICE.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hello; Watched the video. Did not improve my take about using one. Still a primitive road trip vehicle. For me that empty parking lot holds two problems. One being at my age not having a toilet handy would be an issue. Second being I wonder how long before the human predators will take advantage of the isolated spot. Not sure if that is a victim state where a person is not allowed to have adequate self protection.

I did not add up all the charging time so cannot say how many hours the EV added to a normal trip.

Last thought. Near the end the reporter claimed to have some miles of charge left. My take is this is not like having say half a tank in an ICE. In an ICE the next morning you still have half a tank. With an EV some amount of charge is always being used up. I think maybe to keep the battery pack warm for one thing.

Still too inferior to an ICE.
At no point did I think the video would improve anyone's take, quite the opposite. It proved my current outlook on BEVs in this state. You can carry a concealed weapon here with a permit, but that doesn't make the isolated charge spots along this route as seen appealing.

I've personally made the same trip as in the video several times, and it's about a four hour trip (no stops for fuel needed with an ICE vehicle no matter the temp), with a brief stop to stretch your legs.

I don't see an EV as a viable option in this state outside the metropolitan areas. Almost five months out of the year the conditions are subpar.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And Mercedes walks back their 2030 EV-uber alles. "only epects 50% of sales to be EV" by the date.
Heh, the snowball is getting bigger. And that percentage is gonna mysteriously keep coming down in the future earnings calls.