ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

MROCGUY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
someone should make a sticky of just the do's and don'ts...595 pages to sift through is ridonkilous

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
someone should make a sticky of just the do's and don'ts...595 pages to sift through is ridonkilous
aight, this one is simple.
DO buy yourself an ESS kit, they're fantastic and work great in cold weather
DO follow the pulley instructions in red on the ESS page
DO listen to credible sources of info like Brevin, he has always given me good insight even when i never intended to buy an ESS (i have proof of this as well)
DONT ignore what your personal custom tuner says to do on your car
DONT bash others for having gotten a vortech/procharger because it's just not the kit you have
DONT cheap out on providing fuel to your engine or you'll be sorry *shrugs*

above all
DONT take what any one person/source/video says as the absolute truth. DO educate yourself and learn about all the aspects of a kit/tuners/etc and formulate your own opinions.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
so not really anything to do with the thread but figured this was a good place to ask since we probably have dumped a ton into our cars lol. What are you guys using for insurance? Im talking about how can you cover your vehicle in a way you could be compensated for everything you put into it in the event of a total loss? I know theres specialty insurances like Haggerty that do it but wonder if you can do that a certain way with any insurance.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
so not really anything to do with the thread but figured this was a good place to ask since we probably have dumped a ton into our cars lol. What are you guys using for insurance? Im talking about how can you cover your vehicle in a way you could be compensated for everything you put into it in the event of a total loss? I know theres specialty insurances like Haggerty that do it but wonder if you can do that a certain way with any insurance.
As far as I know, you can value your car at what it costs to you. You will just have to be paying for that said cost.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
aight, this one is simple.
DO buy yourself an ESS kit, they're fantastic and work great in cold weather
DO follow the pulley instructions in red on the ESS page
DO listen to credible sources of info like Brevin, he has always given me good insight even when i never intended to buy an ESS (i have proof of this as well)
DONT ignore what your personal custom tuner says to do on your car
DONT bash others for having gotten a vortech/procharger because it's just not the kit you have
DONT cheap out on providing fuel to your engine or you'll be sorry *shrugs*

above all
DONT take what any one person/source/video says as the absolute truth. DO educate yourself and learn about all the aspects of a kit/tuners/etc and formulate your own opinions.
Away from a computer currently, do you know if there is an ESS kit for V6s?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Away from a computer currently, do you know if there is an ESS kit for V6s?
as far as i know not yet, they just got into making a kit for the S197 mustangs, so i'm sure they're planning on expanding more into the mustang market in the future. But at the very least, we know the coyote is very capable of boost. not sure if the same can be said for the v6 engine? they may also not have enough demand to tool up for that market too though, many variables at play here. all of this is speculation and i don't have solid facts, but i haven't heard of a kit for a v6 if that's any consolation.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
as far as i know not yet, they just got into making a kit for the S197 mustangs, so i'm sure they're planning on expanding more into the mustang market in the future. But at the very least, we know the coyote is very capable of boost. not sure if the same can be said for the v6 engine? they may also not have enough demand to tool up for that market too though, many variables at play here. all of this is speculation and i don't have solid facts, but i haven't heard of a kit for a v6 if that's any consolation.
Procharger has a kit (not carb).
AMR had turbo kits (not carb).
There is also a kit for adapting a Eaton on to the V6 (obviously not carb).

So while there are many ways to go about it…its just not carb 😂
And the Cyclone can hold up to 550whp in boosted format on stock internals, anymore and it needs to be built.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
So i just came across a post saying the plaid can do a 4.71 60-130, what would that take on our cars to get there lol. I see a lot of people talking about 5's and 6's so im guessing it takes a bit more fuel and a bit less pulley to get down into the 4's

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
So i just came across a post saying the plaid can do a 4.71 60-130, what would that take on our cars to get there lol. I see a lot of people talking about 5's and 6's so im guessing it takes a bit more fuel and a bit less pulley to get down into the 4's
To keep it simple, return fuel system, 100mm pulley, decent air. This also assumes 10R80.

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
10r80, fuel system, 105mm or 100mm pulley. I’ve been 4.8 on the 110mm pulley and 4.5 on the 100mm. Full weight premium car.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
10r80, fuel system, 105mm or 100mm pulley. I’ve been 4.8 on the 110mm pulley and 4.5 on the 100mm. Full weight premium car.
Ya I'm gonna need to go e85 at some point. Just sucks cause the only gas stations that have it by me are sheetz so I'm limited if i wanted to take a longer drive due to it killing my fuel mileage. Feel like i need to map out my drive ahead of time lol.

Isnt e85 a bitch in the cold too? Have always heard the car runs like shit until it gets to temp.

I will say after having my kit on for almost 6 months now it's pretty awesome seeing IATs constantly 5-6 degrees over ambient whether it's hot or cold out. Had it out the other day, cold and rainy and i was 2 degrees over ambient at one point of the drive, that's just crazy haha. 40 outside and 42 IAT. I'm sure it's just loving that cold air.

Brevin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brevin
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT
Ya I'm gonna need to go e85 at some point. Just sucks cause the only gas stations that have it by me are sheetz so I'm limited if i wanted to take a longer drive due to it killing my fuel mileage. Feel like i need to map out my drive ahead of time lol.

Isnt e85 a bitch in the cold too? Have always heard the car runs like shit until it gets to temp.

I will say after having my kit on for almost 6 months now it's pretty awesome seeing IATs constantly 5-6 degrees over ambient whether it's hot or cold out. Had it out the other day, cold and rainy and i was 2 degrees over ambient at one point of the drive, that's just crazy haha. 40 outside and 42 IAT. I'm sure it's just loving that cold air.
So far I’ve had to issues with E85 in the low 40’s. Starts and runs just fine. I’m sure it’s tuner dependent. With a good tuner it should run essentially run like stock. E85 does require a bit more maintenance.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
So far I’ve had to issues with E85 in the low 40’s. Starts and runs just fine. I’m sure it’s tuner dependent. With a good tuner it should run essentially run like stock. E85 does require a bit more maintenance.
What do you mean by more maintenance?

It runs super clean right. Like ive heard peoples plugs and exhaust looks practically new.
Sponsored