ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Agreed. I have this clutch as well. Can't wait to get it broken in and see what it can do. Stock wasn't holding 780 very well. I know it wasn't going to handle 900.
Yeah I'm going to go out today and put some serious cycles on mine to get it broken in. Supposed to be gorgeous weather here today
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
So 100 miles on the clutch of all back roads and some traffic. So got quite a few cycles in too. Feels even better now but vengeance says 700miles before fully broken in so no real pulls to speak of.
But for a couple of them went up to 6000rpm at 1/3rd throttle, definitely felt like it pulled harder than it used to so that's good. I don't think it's about 80hp stronger but we will see when i can open it up that high.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
I have the vengeance stage two and i HIGHLY recommend it knowing what i know now. I'm sure the McLeod RXT is just as good, but the flywheel on the vengeance is one fully machined piece with the standoffs to hold the floater plate. And what's more not only are you not relying on bolts that hold those standoffs on, but the machined pieces are shaped like fins to pull heat and clutch dust out of the chamber. And at least throw it to the sides of the bell housing. Good stuff. Also, it's the go-to clutch from Calimer. And so far, the last point I'll make here is that there's no clutch chatter when idling off from a stop! Consider me satisfied with it so far. Will post updates on power/dyno later
Seems like i may consider this instead of rxt. I was considering a clutch soon myself!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Seems like i may consider this instead of rxt. I was considering a clutch soon myself!
I can't say anything to the longevity of this one vs the rxt but i really really like how the flywheel is one machined piece with the standoffs cut into it.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
I can't say anything to the longevity of this one vs the rxt but i really really like how the flywheel is one machined piece with the standoffs cut into it.
My biggest thing is chatter. My eco spec clutch had insane chatter, swapped for stock then.
My new project bmw 335i has a twin disk in it and it chatters like insane, i raised the idle to 1050 rpm for now just to get it quiet enough that it sounds not broken LOL

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a twin disk RXT in my GT500 and chatter was an issue on low rpm starts in 1st gear, but raising the RPM a couple of hundred made it much much better.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I had a twin disk RXT in my GT500 and chatter was an issue on low rpm starts in 1st gear, but raising the RPM a couple of hundred made it much much better.
It is nice however to not have to raise the rpm at all when slowly backing out of my garage. The doors are fairly narrow only have about 1.5 inches of clearance to the mirrors on either side lol gotta fix that someday. But yeah man, just re-learning to drive it with the new clutch is very minor in nature IMO

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
Just wanting to chime in and add my 2 cents on my experience with Vengeance. Mods in description, I've had the clutch for about 8 months of mostly light driving with light to light pulls. No hard dumps, or launches. Initially the clutch felt great with day to day driving and under power, I put my car on E85 about 4 months ago and the clutch started to slip, and also lock me out of 1st and Reverse. Just had the clutch pulled and will be sending it off to them for inspection.

In the interim I just went back to McLeod RXT, currently in the break in period, seemed to fix the issue. I'll give you guys an update on what Vengeance says, likely will have a refreshed 26 spline clutch for sale here soon.

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Just wanting to chime in and add my 2 cents on my experience with Vengeance. Mods in description, I've had the clutch for about 8 months of mostly light driving with light to light pulls. No hard dumps, or launches. Initially the clutch felt great with day to day driving and under power, I put my car on E85 about 4 months ago and the clutch started to slip, and also lock me out of 1st and Reverse. Just had the clutch pulled and will be sending it off to them for inspection.

In the interim I just went back to McLeod RXT, currently in the break in period, seemed to fix the issue. I'll give you guys an update on what Vengeance says, likely will have a refreshed 26 spline clutch for sale here soon.
Im curious, how is the chatter at idle? Is it as quiet as stock, and do you have a raised idle?

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
Im curious, how is the chatter at idle? Is it as quiet as stock, and do you have a raised idle?
Clutch has no chatter that I've heard thus far, no raised idle. And a tad louder than stock but to me that's to be expected.

Sponsored

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
Clutch has no chatter that I've heard thus far, no raised idle. And a tad louder than stock but to me that's to be expected.
Sounds good to me.
i just cannot have what my bmw currently has, chatter so loud at stock rpm that it sounds like rod knock almost!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I hope that isn't the norm. I was all set to go with a McLeod as I had had one in my GT500 and liked it, but was talked into going with a Vengeance stage 2. I haven't heard anything negative about them until your post.

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
I hope that isn't the norm. I was all set to go with a McLeod as I had had one in my GT500 and liked it, but was talked into going with a Vengeance stage 2. I haven't heard anything negative about them until your post.
I honestly was in denial that it was the clutch for the longest because of the reputation behind them, my initial experience, + the usage and minimal abuse. Not bashing the guys by any means but just sharing my experience as it's not all cookies and cream from what the rest of the internet is sharing.

Or it could be a one off situation, I'd like to hear what they have to say when I send the clutch in to them. Could be something minimal, I do know my car hasn't been the only stick shift in this region that has had problems out of the stage 2 on boosted e85 cars.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I honestly was in denial that it was the clutch for the longest because of the reputation behind them, my initial experience, + the usage and minimal abuse. Not bashing the guys by any means but just sharing my experience as it's not all cookies and cream from what the rest of the internet is sharing.

Or it could be a one off situation, I'd like to hear what they have to say when I send the clutch in to them. Could be something minimal, I do know my car hasn't been the only stick shift in this region that has had problems out of the stage 2 on boosted e85 cars.
Did you do the 700 mile break in period before any excessively hard launches? I caught third in mine a hair too hard and felt mine slip a bit but backed off and everything was good from there 🤷‍♂️

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Oh, no I get that you are reporting what you experienced and I am glad you did. I am going to be pushing this car pretty hard for a daily driven Mustang. It should be somewhere around 900whp and I want the clutch that I just spent $1400 on to not be a source of issues moving forward.
Sponsored