ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
So i'm not setting any track records but for those of you concerned about ESS and 20min track day sessions being too much on the car.
CHTs got up to 241*F when running in third gear for most of the track (staying in boost most of the time) shift to 4th in a few spots, back down to 215 no problems
stock GT PP1 radiator, stock diff, no cooling for diff, stock clutch with 55k miles on it
oh and my personal favorite bone stock 5w-20 motorcraft semi-synthetic oil. i believe what blows most of the OPGs in these cars are the ppl running higher oil but that's solely opinion based and unfounded without any research. to me it's like sucking a milkshake thru a straw instead of milk. i'll continue to run the stock oil with no oil cooler or anything different from stock configuration and i'll let you all know if/when i blow it up on track *shrugs*

i WILL say this tho, i feel like i'm one of the few guys left running stock 'headers' and stock cats so i think that's where my cooling issues are coming from. the LTH's with a removable cat setup for track purpose is probably a MUST HAVE at this point.
I've also decided to keep my oil at stock thickness since I run this car around town all the time and spend most of the time out of boost anyway.
Sponsored

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Whats everyones opinion on boostane?
I ran it when we were diagnosing whether my knock was fuel related or something else being bad since it would just pull timing like nuts on 91. (with the bottom end kit)

The car ran like stupid with boostane. like a whole different animal. Made it a fuel issue. I've since found a single station in town that runs 93 so I'm on that and it's better, but I have a bottle in the trunk just in case I need it.

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
If you don't want racecar smells, get the UPR can that was in the second link and leave everything else alone
FYI you still get racecar smells with the UPR dual valve. I've given up trying to get rid of them. They are way diminished though. If you have a sensitive nose like I do, then it's just part of the game.

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
FYI you still get racecar smells with the UPR dual valve. I've given up trying to get rid of them. They are way diminished though. If you have a sensitive nose like I do, then it's just part of the game.
Yeah, I would think so, but no where near as bad as the Vented lol

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1

Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Catch cans again...can we have just a catch can thread? :crackup:

lkeltner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Catch cans again...can we have just a catch can thread? :crackup:
I'm already done. just giving him the collective knowledge in one shot :)

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
Do any of you notice a whining type of noise from the rear when in 6th gear (manual) and hold the gas to cruise around 2k rpms? Sortve like a diff whine or maybe fuel pump noise? Its only there when i give it any amount of gas. Im not sure if this noise came before or after the ess install
I've seen this happen when the ring gear in the rear end is worn, whenever any amount of torque is applied it will make noise but when just coasting it is quiet

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do any of you notice a whining type of noise from the rear when in 6th gear (manual) and hold the gas to cruise around 2k rpms? Sortve like a diff whine or maybe fuel pump noise? Its only there when i give it any amount of gas. Im not sure if this noise came before or after the ess install
Do you have 3.73's?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I've also decided to keep my oil at stock thickness since I run this car around town all the time and spend most of the time out of boost anyway.
With this, i mostly wanted to let the people that are terrified about what oil is on their car when they do the supercharger that the stock stuff is going to be fine.
But given the information from @Proshop and @HAVOC_5.0 about e85, only a FEW nut jobs i know rip the entire car apart and go e85 with a new engine, tires and whatever else you could possibly change to make the car completely different than anything you're used to 🤣🤣🤣 probably want higher oil if you're like them out the gate. Psychos...

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
With this, i mostly wanted to let the people that are terrified about what oil is on their car when they do the supercharger that the stock stuff is going to be fine.
But given the information from @Proshop and @HAVOC_5.0 about e85, only a FEW nut jobs i know rip the entire car apart and go e85 with a new engine, tires and whatever else you could possibly change to make the car completely different than anything you're used to 🤣🤣🤣 probably want higher oil if you're like them out the gate. Psychos...
Go big or go home brother!! 🤣 Who doesn’t love race car problems by doing all that? 🥴
Sponsored