ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

LuciferMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2018 Mustang GT
Anyone install an ESS kit with the BOSS 302 Manifold? I am getting last minute decisions and I might switch over. Any extra parts or tubing needed? My kit arrives Friday.
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Anyone install an ESS kit with the BOSS 302 Manifold? I am getting last minute decisions and I might switch over. Any extra parts or tubing needed? My kit arrives Friday.
You should need lower engine mounts or a big hood scoop. But other than that i don't know what else. I ended up going with the GT350 intake

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Highly doubt it messed up the maf but you never know. I looked at your log and I canā€™t stand trying to read that type makes my old eyes hurt šŸ¤£. Iā€™ll check it vs my HP Tuners log and see thou.
I swear Billy, you are one of the most helpful and civil people on this forum and the FB groups.

And one of the best looking engine bays to boot, lol.

JAXCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Premium Automatic Convertible.
Hey man, your setup is basically what I've been inputting on the ESS option list. I'm debating 125mm or 120mm pulley. I'm thinking 125 mm pulley to be on the safe side even though 120mm is ok for gen 3 because of direct injection. Just looking for whp in the mid 600 range and just drive the thing. What I'm on the fence is, should I or should I not get FFE headers. Will the stock cats be ok at 600whp levels.? I've read clearance problems with aftermarket header and they can cause false knock.
My 2019 is happy with the stainless power LTH and off-road connectors... But if I had to do it again I would probably go with the much cheaper and easier to install 2m fabrication race pipes where you just cut out the catalytic and weld on the connectors then clamp on some 2m double x or double h resonator delete crossover pipes too.

https://shop.2mfabrication.com/product/2015-2020-mustang-gt-performance-pipes-cat-deletes

https://shop.2mfabrication.com/product/2015-2022-ford-mustang-5-0-double-x

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I swear Billy, you are one of the most helpful and civil people on this forum and the FB groups.

And one of the best looking engine bays to boot, lol.
Damn I donā€™t even think my wife has ever said anything that nice to me! I greatly appreciate the kind wordsā€¦ Iā€™ve owned a lot of vehicles and been on a lot of different forums over the years. I enjoy learning and helping spread the knowledge I pick up vs hating or bashing. I think people spend more time hating than helping across social media and thatā€™s one of the many things wrong in this world. Ultimately I wanna see every Mustang kick the crap out of all the other muscle cars on the street or track!

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Ray what are your ultimate goals in the foreseeable future?

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Damn I donā€™t even think my wife has ever said anything that nice to me! I greatly appreciate the kind wordsā€¦ Iā€™ve owned a lot of vehicles and been on a lot of different forums over the years. I enjoy learning and helping spread the knowledge I pick up vs hating or bashing. I think people spend more time hating than helping across social media and thatā€™s one of the many things wrong in this world. Ultimately I wanna see every Mustang kick the crap out of all the other muscle cars on the street or track!
I just call 'em like I see them brother.

I guess I just got used to this forum where folks try to help and are respectful for the most part. When I recently joined a few ess groups and the s550 group, it was whole different animal. Especially that s550 group - man, that is a rough crowd, šŸ˜†.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I just call 'em like I see them brother.

I guess I just got used to this forum where folks try to help and are respectful for the most part. When I recently joined a few ess groups and the s550 group, it was whole different animal. Especially that s550 group - man, that is a rough crowd, šŸ˜†.
Hahaha yeah that s550 group is viscous! Iā€™ve wanted to say a few smart ass things but held back. I more read it for the comedic responses that are delivered. If you havenā€™t yet join the Dragy Talk groupā€¦ OMG Iā€™m speechless some times.

LuciferMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2018 Mustang GT
Ray what are your ultimate goals in the foreseeable future?
For right now just a solid 800 WHP. I have the ported gen 3 manifold. Some research I have done. On boost it appears the Boss 302 outperforms the gen 3 manifold.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
For right now just a solid 800 WHP. I have the ported gen 3 manifold. Some research I have done. On boost it appears the Boss 302 outperforms the gen 3 manifold.
Personally I wouldnā€™t waist your money on the boss 302 and put it towards other stuff especially if you have a ported 18+ already. Please remind me of your complete setup again ( pulley, fuel mods, etc).

Sponsored

LuciferMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2018 Mustang GT
Personally I wouldnā€™t waist your money on the boss 302 and put it towards other stuff especially if you have a ported 18+ already. Please remind me of your complete setup again ( pulley, fuel mods, etc).
G3X, G4 intercooler, 105mm, ID1050X, Foreinovations dual pump fuel return 2 hellcat pumps (285s), MMR Crankshaft sprocket, MMR Hurricane Oil pump. Catless LTH.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
G3X, G4 intercooler, 105mm, ID1050X, Foreinovations dual pump fuel return 2 hellcat pumps (285s), MMR Crankshaft sprocket, MMR Hurricane Oil pump. Catless LTH.
Sorry Ray Iā€™m gonna ask more questions šŸ˜! E85 obviously since you are running a return and dual hellcat pumps and who is the tuner?

JAXCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Premium Automatic Convertible.
Hahaha yeah that s550 group is viscous! Iā€™ve wanted to say a few smart ass things but held back. I more read it for the comedic responses that are delivered. If you havenā€™t yet join the Dragy Talk groupā€¦ OMG Iā€™m speechless some times.
I got kicked out of American Muscle's s550 group because I mentioned how horrible the boost season apparel dude censored that group and treated the people in the ESS group he was an admin on. How toxic does someone have to be to get kicked out of that group of sh**posters. HAHAHAH!!!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I got kicked out of American Muscle's s550 group because I mentioned how horrible the boost season apparel dude censored that group and treated the people in the ESS group he was an admin on. How toxic does someone have to be to get kicked out of that group of sh**posters. HAHAHAH!!!
Mark Iā€™m just glad you finally have your car back! Just please do me a favor and donā€™t get kicked out of Shawnā€™s group even thou Iā€™m sure it would take a lot for that. šŸ¤£
Sponsored