ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No kidding? What's your car, I probably have seen it. I'm always finding a reason to hang around there. I'm Ray BTW
Mines a white 2017 GT California Special with a whipple and E85

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Pulling wet air across the MAF sensor will actually cause it to read incorrectly and will potentially damage it. I ended up replacing mine because it got wet and it would intermittently go into limp mode. I recommend buying a new MAF sensor which should resolve your issue. You can try cleaning it with the cleaner someone else has linked, which is what I was originally going to do, but I didn't want to spray the cleaner on the plastic housing around the sensing element.
I was thinking that myself, there would be more evaporation when wet, skewing the cooling of the MAF wire making it think it is ingesting more air than in reality. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, without a tuning device I am SOL until the new one comes in. Just kind of sucks that I was only able to get the one bad start before my device bricked. I have no way of knowing if what I am doing is helping the situation, besides if it audibly runs better.

Which MAF did you get? I am assuming a genuine motorcraft part.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was thinking that myself, there would be more evaporation when wet, skewing the cooling of the MAF wire making it think it is ingesting more air than in reality. Unfortunately, like I said earlier, without a tuning device I am SOL until the new one comes in. Just kind of sucks that I was only able to get the one bad start before my device bricked. I have no way of knowing if what I am doing is helping the situation, besides if it audibly runs better.

Which MAF did you get? I am assuming a genuine motorcraft part.
So I must have read your original post about the coolant getting on your MAF wrong. Did it actually get into maf tube and the maf itself or just on the outside of the tube and maf?

Bonedizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
So I must have read your original post about the coolant getting on your MAF wrong. Did it actually get into maf tube and the maf itself or just on the outside of the tube and maf?
It spilled onto the tube with the MAF installed. I first wiped down the tube/top of MAF. I then removed the MAF from the tube and there was a drop at lease that had trickled down the MAF body. This was opposite the hot wire, so I wiped it off. I then just peered down the MAF hole and I did not see any drops that accumulated. I did not remove the MAF tube for inspection, as this was basically the last thing before I was going to start the car. After I did this I immediately started it up.

I guess just because I did not see any of the MAF wire does not mean that there was none ever present or had touched it before.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
It spilled onto the tube with the MAF installed. I first wiped down the tube/top of MAF. I then removed the MAF from the tube and there was a drop at lease that had trickled down the MAF body. This was opposite the hot wire, so I wiped it off. I then just peered down the MAF hole and I did not see any drops that accumulated. I did not remove the MAF tube for inspection, as this was basically the last thing before I was going to start the car. After I did this I immediately started it up.

I guess just because I did not see any of the MAF wire does not mean that there was none ever present or had touched it before.
Thank you for the full explanation. Have you had time to mess with the car anymore?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
@Proshop do the breathers just go on super simple just like this?
IMG_1024.jpeg

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Yep easy as that! 5 min job.
Sweet deal man thanks, seemed way too easy to do and way too cheap but I'll take it! I understand I'll have to clean them periodically, no big deal. I'll get a catch can eventually, just not quite ready for that yet until i get everything mounted and then I'll figure out how i want to route it all

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Sweet deal man thanks, seemed way too easy to do and way too cheap but I'll take it! I understand I'll have to clean them periodically, no big deal. I'll get a catch can eventually, just not quite ready for that yet until i get everything mounted and then I'll figure out how i want to route it all
Donā€™t forget to gut your PCV on the passenger sideā€¦ you can put it back together or order a new one from UPR. Just donā€™t be scared like @LOL WUT was šŸ˜œ!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Donā€™t forget to gut your PCV on the passenger sideā€¦ you can put it back together or order a new one from UPR. Just donā€™t be scared like @LOL WUT was šŸ˜œ!
Do i just drill out the bottom of the brown thing?
and side note, is there any direction or which way these two blue plugs go? I'm sure it's possible i have them 180 out?
IMG_1025.jpeg

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Do i just drill out the bottom of the brown thing?
and side note, is there any direction or which way these two blue plugs go? I'm sure it's possible i have them 180 out?
IMG_1025.jpeg
Canā€™t answer the plug question unfortunately! I always forget youā€™re a 15ā€¦ the passenger side should be a counter clockwise turn and pull out. Mine had a o-ring at the bottom which I pulled out and a plastic piece and a spring came out. I reinserted the o-ring along with the PCV and called it a day.
IMG_1174.jpeg
Sponsored