ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
The g3 kit added 39lbs to my car. After removing the air box and tubing , pp1 braces in the front and the random plastic stuff. I recommend doing the front bmr crash bar also for even more weight savings while your at it.

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
The g3 kit added 39lbs to my car. After removing the air box and tubing , pp1 braces in the front and the random plastic stuff. I recommend doing the front bmr crash bar also for even more weight savings while your at it.
Wow, that's even less than their quoted weight! When I do my install, I'll be sure to weigh each piece going in as well as each piece coming out to calculate the difference.

As for the BMR, are you talking about the BSF760 Front Bumper Support? If so, I would hesitate installing that on car driven on public streets. Their installation instructions state that it is not DOT certified and has not been crash tested to verify impact performance. "Buyer assumes all risk of any injury caused to the vehicle/person during installation or use of this product".

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
They have to say that cause your alternating safety equipment but it’s pretty damn stout. Plus you have the intercooler to support the same way. But it’s personal preference.

Wow, that's even less than their quoted weight! When I do my install, I'll be sure to weigh each piece going in as well as each piece coming out to calculate the difference.

As for the BMR, are you talking about the BSF760 Front Bumper Support? If so, I would hesitate installing that on car driven on public streets. Their installation instructions state that it is not DOT certified and has not been crash tested to verify impact performance. "Buyer assumes all risk of any injury caused to the vehicle/person during installation or use of this product".

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
They have to say that cause your alternating safety equipment but it’s pretty damn stout. Plus you have the intercooler to support the same way. But it’s personal preference.
Good to know its strong! But I wonder if it could be too strong? For example, if you hit a pedestrian or motorcycle, could it cause more damage/injury due to increased strength? (which you could then be liable for)

I love the thought of removing even more weight to reduce the overall weight gain of the ESS kit, but I hesitate when it comes to legalities... Thoughts?

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
We’ll you your already alternating the car with adding the intercooler up front I don’t think using that bar or the stock one would matter in legal terms. Just my opinion.

Good to know its strong! But I wonder if it could be too strong? For example, if you hit a pedestrian or motorcycle, could it cause more damage/injury due to increased strength? (which you could then be liable for)

I love the thought of removing even more weight to reduce the overall weight gain of the ESS kit, but I hesitate when it comes to legalities... Thoughts?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

I have the Steeda lightweight bars on the front and back. I hit a deer at 75mph and there wasn't a scratch on the bar itself. The front bumper cover not so much.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not arguing for or against the part, but could insurance make it an issue with injury claims?

Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
VideoCapture_20210701-170109.jpg

Run 1 is 91 and run 7 is e54 ish. Tuner said there was plenty of fuel to go to a 9.5 or 10.5 psi pulley.
Better pic
VideoCapture_20210701-170549.jpg
You were on the 8.5 psi pulley for this right?
I know this is an old setup but do you remember how much max timing you were running for both the 91 and E54 runs?

I'm at 710 - 720 whp now with 93 + meth + G2 + 11 psi pulley and seeing max timing across my multiple dyno runs at 16.8* - 17.5* depending on the run (Believe PBD set it at 18* max).

Not sure how much timing to request for my E85 tune from PBD to get to about 760 - 770 whp (+50 whp) on the same dyno.
You made about 800 whp with 18* and E54 on the 11 psi pulley and if I factor in 30 whp less for me being auto vs your manual that puts me at about 770 whp.
Obviously our cars/setup/tunes/dyno are different so can't really compare but just thinking out loud here

Don't really wanna do this but seems like I'll have to get multiple tune files with different peak timing advance and try them out on a dyno to get where I want to

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
@TEXAS HEAT, I see you're on the Nitto 555R2s. Do you use those as your daily tires? If you've used the Michelin PSS or PS4S can you compare their dry grip levels and general drivability?

I'm on 325/30/19 PS4S now and they work well enough with proper throttle modulation but obviously out on vacation below 50 for any decent throttle input.
Wondering if the Nitto 555R2s are a worthy upgrade especially with the short tread life compared to the PS4S

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
My e85 tune requested 22deg at 10-11 psi boost level.

I know this is an old setup but do you remember how much max timing you were running for both the 91 and E54 runs?

I'm at 710 - 720 whp now with 93 + meth + G2 + 11 psi pulley and seeing max timing across my multiple dyno runs at 16.8* - 17.5* depending on the run (Believe PBD set it at 18* max).

Not sure how much timing to request for my E85 tune from PBD to get to about 760 - 770 whp (+50 whp) on the same dyno.
You made about 800 whp with 18* and E54 on the 11 psi pulley and if I factor in 30 whp less for me being auto vs your manual that puts me at about 770 whp.
Obviously our cars/setup/tunes/dyno are different so can't really compare but just thinking out loud here

Don't really wanna do this but seems like I'll have to get multiple tune files with different peak timing advance and try them out on a dyno to get where I want to

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox

Did you own a Honda before this?