Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This was an E54 tune for the 796 whp graph right?
What pulley/psi were you on and what was your max WOT timing?

Went catless recently and the wife isn't fond of the smell on 93 (neither am I tbh) though the car did make about 17 more peak HP than when I was catted (710 - 727). Same dyno and similar DA.

Making the jump to E85 (fuel system + bigger injectors) and doing a clutch upgrade for my 10R80 but want to keep power below 800 whp till I consider doing an engine build (unlikely as this is a street car unless something breaks).
Will inform my decision on how much max timing to request for my PBD E85 tune with my 11 psi / 105 mm pulley. Thanks
18 degrees was the max timing allowed on the 105 pulley. The car was not adding anymore timing so we left it there.
Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Which fuel system did you go with? Im making the jump to e85 as well. Ordered a DW X2 hat, dw95 injectors and a set of fuel rails. Should have it all ready for April/May when the car comes back out. Hoping to be in the 800 to 850hp range. Just going to run e85 at the track vs race fuel. PBD should give you 22 degrees on e85. Looking forward to seeing your results on E.
Went with the jn2ning return style system (with the radium x2 hat) and ID1050x injectors. I'll be using my stock fuel rails for now unless there's a need to upgrade. I believe they should be fine for under 800 whp.

I'll get the max 22* timing tune from PBD but combining that with my 11 psi pulley might push it over 800 whp so will also get an 18* or 19* tune to run on the street as my daily tune.

Will post up my results after I have everything setup

Last edited:

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
This was an E54 tune for the 796 whp graph right?
What pulley/psi were you on and what was your max WOT timing?

Went catless recently and the wife isn't fond of the smell on 93 (neither am I tbh) though the car did make about 17 more peak HP than when I was catted (710 - 727). Same dyno and similar DA.

Making the jump to E85 (fuel system + bigger injectors) and doing a clutch upgrade for my 10R80 but want to keep power below 800 whp till I consider doing an engine build (unlikely as this is a street car unless something breaks).
Will inform my decision on how much max timing to request for my PBD E85 tune with my 11 psi / 105 mm pulley. Thanks
The smell on 93 is terrible, but can somewhat be mitigated by running the ac in recirculate which will help keep the fumes out of the car. E85 definitely smells better though. Let us know how it turns out.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The smell on 93 is terrible, but can somewhat be mitigated by running the ac in recirculate which will help keep the fumes out of the car. E85 definitely smells better though. Let us know how it turns out.
E85 and even e54 actually has a more pleasant, almost sweet smell. Just a nice side effect to go along with the added power and cooling capabilities.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Concur on the E85 and smell, and for those in the Houston area gas jockey will deliver e85. It is same price as local pump price and they will do up to e90. They will set up a drum and pump at your house as well, my plan, next Monday.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
It's an e54 tune so a return style isn't needed. Rhett castillo at black market racing in phoenix.
Damn that's tempting. None of the big names would tune e54 with out the return set up.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
It's an e54 tune so a return style isn't needed. Rhett castillo at black market racing in phoenix.
+1 for BMR. They are around the corner from me and have always done good work on anything I have asked of them.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Damn that's tempting. None of the big names would tune e54 with out the return set up.
anytime your adding e your starting to tax the fuel system, wiht an 18 up you get a little more room with the di, but not a ton.

you still want to be careful

Sponsored

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Just got my G3 kit order in! Was going back and forth with this and a P1X PC kit, but the savings and all the good reviews pushed me over the edge.

My car is a 19, PP1 with AR Catless LT, Borla Atak, CompCams stg2 blower cams, an AFS CobraJet, twinjet TB and I went with the vortech BAP and LU47 injectors. Right now the limited availability of 85 will limit my power goals, but if it becomes more accessible I'll do the fuel system. Very excited to receive the kit in a few weeks. I have a lot of work to do in the meantime getting the cams in and have airlift susp to do as well, so that makes the wait a bit easier.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
anytime your adding e your starting to tax the fuel system, wiht an 18 up you get a little more room with the di, but not a ton.

you still want to be careful
Really I'm not so much concerned with getting more power out of it. I'm more looking for the knock protection and safety net. I spend a crap ton of money on crappy 91 and boostane.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Just got my G3 kit order in! Was going back and forth with this and a P1X PC kit, but the savings and all the good reviews pushed me over the edge.

My car is a 19, PP1 with AR Catless LT, Borla Atak, CompCams stg2 blower cams, an AFS CobraJet, twinjet TB and I went with the vortech BAP and LU47 injectors. Right now the limited availability of 85 will limit my power goals, but if it becomes more accessible I'll do the fuel system. Very excited to receive the kit in a few weeks. I have a lot of work to do in the meantime getting the cams in and have airlift susp to do as well, so that makes the wait a bit easier.
The AirLift install is super easy to do and I even used aluminum tubing. There are wholes in the body that are perfect. behind the front Inner fender wells there is a grommet on both sides.
if you have questions just ask

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Really I'm not so much concerned with getting more power out of it. I'm more looking for the knock protection and safety net. I spend a crap ton of money on crappy 91 and boostane.
Stop buying boostane and get water/meth. Boostane is ok here and there but if you are using it a lot just get a water/meth kit. You get to use 91 so you don’t have to worry about finding a station with special fuel like with e85. You get all the knock protection of e85 plus some benefits e85 doesn’t have. It’s not hard on your fuel system but easier because it is adding fuel so your fuel system doesn’t have to work as hard. You only inject water/meth when you are at a set boost/rpm so you are not using it anymore then you need you can set whatever it turns on/off so it last a lot longer than boostane. It can make 91 octane into 110+ and cool incoming air

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

Great to hear. I can't wait to see how the install was, and drivability, power gains on pump etc. Your cams, intake, Exhaust should really increase airflow due to less restriction in and out of engine. Keep us posted.
Sponsored