ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
One thing I liked about the Spec (aside from the billet pressure plate) is that the disc that faces the transmission has a sprung hub, so it made the engagement very smooth. The mantic option has both discs with sprung hubs. Just something to note. Another good choice is Clutchmasters (which I think makes the Lethal Performance kits)
I definitely like the Spec but went with vengeance from beefcake for the transmission builder's recommendation for it. I track my car and likely will take it to the drag strip next year to see what i can do, not so much the car.
eventually at some point I'll get the nice one piece drive shaft, fuel system and long tubes but just putting down the power i/we all have now is paramount. Thanks everyone for the help!
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Rxt is very strong, so strong it doesnt slip
The RXT can be optioned with sprung hub discs to help dampen the engagement, but you may as well pony up for the Mantic at that point.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
The RXT can be optioned with sprung hub discs to help dampen the engagement, but you may as well pony up for the Mantic at that point.
If the clutch makes me drive more like an asshole than I already do, I'll just blame it on that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Which E85 system do most people use? I see fore mentioned a lot but not sure what I'd need. Is there an all in one kit or will i still need to piece it together?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
What e85 system do most people use? I see fore mentioned a lot but not sure what I'd need. Is there an all in one kit or will i still need to piece it together?
I have the Lethal stage 1. Its petty nice (especially the "Box" relay upgrade), but if I did it again, I think I would go with the Arcane/Juggernaut system. (one of the few that offer a bucket style pump assembly like OEM, instead of the open bottom design that can cause starvation issues if you run it too low) The Lethal system has pre-made lines which at first glance seems like a great thing, but in reality it makes it much harder to route the lines with fittings already attached (especially at the fuel tank) and it limits you to where everything can be installed.

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the Lethal stage 1. Its petty nice (especially the "Box" relay upgrade), but if I did it again, I think I would go with the Arcane/Juggernaut system. (one of the few that offer a bucket style pump assembly like OEM, instead of the open bottom design that can cause starvation issues if you run it too low) The Lethal system has pre-made lines which at first glance seems like a great thing, but in reality it makes it much harder to route the lines with fittings already attached (especially at the fuel tank) and it limits you to where everything can be installed.
Good info here. Ive had my FORE L2 system in for a few years now(had it with my whipple and now with my ESS). Its been a great system so far, amazing customer serivce!!, the FC3 controller is high quality, and it hasnt skipped a beat. I will say that I do at times wish I had a bucketed system like the arane/juggernaut because I do dislike worrying about fuel slosh issues. I only drive this car on weekends to the drag strip or to car meets so I pretty much always keep it topped off, but if it was a daily or close I would want the bucketed set up.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Which E85 system do most people use? I see fore mentioned a lot but not sure what I'd need. Is there an all in one kit or will i still need to piece it together?
Fore is the goto, they are a fuel system company, not a vendor piecing parts together to maximize profit.

they manufacture 100% of everything in houses besides a few select fittings, other than the pumps and lines.

you will find no one better in the business, and no one who stands behind their product more.

we would rather discount a quality system for you, then piece together kits.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
What does a bucketed system do?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
What does a bucketed system do?
Bucketless systems are heavily effected by g force, so turning, braking, and acceleration causes gas to roll away from the feed line for the pump. A bucket is going to have fuel feed into the bucket, so the pump is less effected by g force since the small bucket is full of fuel and doesnt splash as much as a giant gas tank

Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
I usually keep my tank around half full or more so dunno if I'd need it.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
I usually keep my tank around half full or more so dunno if I'd need it.
Perfectly fine, just limits the distance in which you can flog your car. going down around a 1/4 tank with an open bottom type, you need to be nice to it until refill

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Perfectly fine, just limits the distance in which you can flog your car. going down around a 1/4 tank with an open bottom type, you need to be nice to it until refill
So why is this so important with e85 and not regular gas? Does the stock system have a bucket?

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
So why is this so important with e85 and not regular gas? Does the stock system have a bucket?
Yes, the stock system has a bucket. Fuel type doesn't matter

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
OEM
1696624709387.png

Many aftermarket
1696624787971.png