Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
As does the air fuel ratio.... :D
Meanwhile I’m over here wondering if my car will explode from being too lean, is running too rich, or the variance between LAMBSE and STFT has things targeting what’s deemed to be okay lol. The joys of boosted cars.
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Meanwhile I’m over here wondering if my car will explode from being too lean, is running too rich, or the variance between LAMBSE and STFT has things targeting what’s deemed to be okay lol. The joys of boosted cars.
Yeah. Unless you're one of these guys like Cory, or Engineermike, that totally gets it, you have to really trust your tuner and data log every once in a while and let them review it to make sure everything is playing well with everything else.

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
I'm certainly no tuner nor do i have a clue what I'm looking at, but does the FRP-actual-psi mean Fuel Rail Pressure??? If so, you hit like 3200 psi at one point. Is that part of the direct injection system??

AFR seemed to be steady at 1.00 on average during the whole run up until about 5000rpm then naturally you start to lean out up there. So it looks good, i think??

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
Everybody got real quiet. We need to know if this log is rich or lean! LOL!

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Everybody got real quiet. We need to know if this log is rich or lean! LOL!
So I downloaded @LOL WUT log and compared it to my own log on the dyno. As everyone keeps saying I am no tuner/ calibrator even thou a real one did chime in and say yes it’s lean and I would have to agree. He did a pull to what looks like 7100 rpm’s and his lambese does read .8 at the end of the pull but during the pull he is mostly above the .9 mark. Now if you compare it to my own log at the beginning of the pull I start at .78 and end at .8 at 8k rpm’s never going over .8 and sometimes even below the .78 where I started. I can post a video if someone wants to see first hand what I am talking about.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I do have proof as to why I think it is lean. When I switched from the 100mm to the 95mm I sent Wengerd a log and he replied immediately back that I was having a fueling issue (I had a feeling it was coming after looking at the log before I sent it). After troubleshooting I had only 1 or 3 fuel pumps working due to some bad wiring and crispy fuses (everything has since been redone with all new wiring and pumps etc etc). If I look at the lambese on that pull it went from .78 to over 1.00 because that poor little single pump couldn’t supply enough fuel and dropped down to 40psi vs 70 psi fuel pressure and caused a lean situation. I’m lucky I didn’t blow the motor and I’m still hoping it’s not hurt in anyway.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
For reference I’m seeing quite a bit higher lambse at WOT. No idea if thats ideal but sharing for reference purposes. Looks like at WOT I’m at .88-.95 at WOT 🤷‍♂️. Below is a snap shot of one of my logs showing 100% throttle and the lambse highlighted. Later in the pull lambse holds steady around .88

74729A45-4F2E-40CE-8543-EA58C6B46BDC.jpeg
How do you get a chart like this? I am messing with the VCM scanner and did two logs… can’t figure out how to see a view like above… if that’s what I’m even supposed to be using.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
So I downloaded @LOL WUT log and compared it to my own log on the dyno. As everyone keeps saying I am no tuner/ calibrator even thou a real one did chime in and say yes it’s lean and I would have to agree. He did a pull to what looks like 7100 rpm’s and his lambese does read .8 at the end of the pull but during the pull he is mostly above the .9 mark. Now if you compare it to my own log at the beginning of the pull I start at .78 and end at .8 at 8k rpm’s never going over .8 and sometimes even below the .78 where I started. I can post a video if someone wants to see first hand what I am talking about.
I think ruiner may be right though. The more I research it, it seems like lambse is what the ecu is demanding. Not what is actually occurring. The afr1&2 are the actual numbers. Lambse and fuel trims are what the computer is doing to try and correct it. Where the heck are all the smart guys to set us straight?! 🤣

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I think ruiner may be right though. The more I research it, it seems like lambse is what the ecu is demanding. Not what is actually occurring. The afr1&2 are the actual numbers. Lambse and fuel trims are what the computer is doing to try and correct it. Where the heck are all the smart guys to set us straight?! 🤣
You are correct about the wording and I was taking my numbers for lol wut’s from the wrong column and he does stay below .8 until he lets off the throttle. My numbers are from the afr/ WB EQ ratio 1 and 2 for my logs that I spoke about.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
How do you get a chart like this? I am messing with the VCM scanner and did two logs… can’t figure out how to see a view like above… if that’s what I’m even supposed to be using.
He is using an N-guage to log and load tunes. I actually like VCM scanner better because you can slow it down and watch what ever parameter your looking for.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
@Proshop appreciate you doing the side by side and providing some analysis. Tuner or not, it’s always nice to gain perspective of what others are seeing in logs.

It appears different tuners target fueling different ways and likely for different reasons. Without trying to be a pest I asked Lund to confirm that I’m not too lean and they stated I am comfortably inside the realm of what they target safely.

Shameless plug for Lund (I know they get a lot of heat here) but they have been extremely prompt and happy to answer all of my endless questions as we continue fine tuning things.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@Proshop appreciate you doing the side by side and providing some analysis. Tuner or not, it’s always nice to gain perspective of what others are seeing in logs.

It appears different tuners target fueling different ways and likely for different reasons. Without trying to be a pest I asked Lund to confirm that I’m not too lean and they stated I am comfortably inside the realm of what they target safely.

Shameless plug for Lund (I know they get a lot of heat here) but they have been extremely prompt and happy to answer all of my endless questions as we continue fine tuning things.
Always glad to help you know that. I will say during my pull the most that my “Lambese” commands is .832 for a millisecond and then goes back down in what it is commanding. I’m glad you checked with Lund and hopefully have some peace of mind!!

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
He is using an N-guage to log and load tunes. I actually like VCM scanner better because you can slow it down and watch what ever parameter your looking for.
So on the VCM scanner, what exactly should I be looking at A/F ratio wise.. the LT Fuel trim/ST Fuel trims chart?...

Another question, my throttle command is 100% but it says 91.4%.. is that normal?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
So on the VCM scanner, what exactly should I be looking at A/F ratio wise.. the LT Fuel trim/ST Fuel trims chart?...

Another question, my throttle command is 100% but it says 91.4%.. is that normal?
I believe that is right for throttle command. Since you are tuned by Wengerd you should be logging the same channels as I am. Look for WB EQ ratio bank 1 & 2.
B120A4FD-DB75-4C92-BFAE-4957EEC9D5B6.jpeg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that is right for throttle command. Since you are tuned by Wengerd you should be logging the same channels as I am. Look for WB EQ ratio bank 1 & 2.
B120A4FD-DB75-4C92-BFAE-4957EEC9D5B6.jpeg
cool.. looks like mine is .73-.78 @ WOT.

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored