Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Has anybody with this kit installed a louder BOV than what they include in the kit?
Funny you should ask, I did try. With the kit installed and sitting in a garage the tial BOV is loud. Once you get on the road, if you play music or have a loud exhaust you will not hear the bov. I think because it is way up at the front with so much other material around it that the sound it makes gets lost. I bought a raceport BOV and attempted to attach it but found out the flange was wrong. The intercooler is a male flange and the raceport was also a male flange. I could not find any adapters so I cobbled some stuff together and used some radiator tubing. It was not any louder than the tial BOV while driving. It sounded louder at a stop but thats about it. Completely not worth the $300 in my opinion.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
one member already made over 700 with the g3 kit and 7.5 psi pulley so it should not be difficult to have a true 700 rwhp car. I do not know what mine makes right now. I will get it tuned on a dyno eventually. The last car I had tuned was a c7 and it was cheap AF compared to what shops are charging for the Mustang. They want 1-1.2k. I am not forking that kind of money over right now. ESS told me with the tune I have and setup I have they made 683 whp and this was with conservative timing so I think I would gain quite a lot if I had a custom tune.
I know what you mean. Some of the tuners are charging ridiculous amount of money and attribute that to people just throwing their wallets at them with out first asking themselves, is this a Fare price or am I getting screwed. But shops like Ortiz, Unleased Tuning are very reasonable. I will check with them when I am ready. Take care and thanks for the help.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I know what you mean. Some of the tuners are charging ridiculous amount of money and attribute that to people just throwing their wallets at them with out first asking themselves, is this a Fare price or am I getting screwed. But shops like Ortiz, Unleased Tuning are very reasonable. I will check with them when I am ready. Take care and thanks for the help.
I did look at some remote tuning solutions but they were just as expensive once you factor in license cost and remote tuner cost. That is about $500 just in itself. I already have a tuner but it was not the one they wanted. I checked with Palm Beach and VMP

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I did look at some remote tuning solutions but they were just as expensive once you factor in license cost and remote tuner cost. That is about $500 just in itself. I already have a tuner but it was not the one they wanted. I checked with Palm Beach and VMP
Ya, a dyno tune is definitely the way to go. PBD is just to far. I live in Indianapolis. Thanks

Kevdon92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Funny you should ask, I did try. With the kit installed and sitting in a garage the tial BOV is loud. Once you get on the road, if you play music or have a loud exhaust you will not hear the bov. I think because it is way up at the front with so much other material around it that the sound it makes gets lost. I bought a raceport BOV and attempted to attach it but found out the flange was wrong. The intercooler is a male flange and the raceport was also a male flange. I could not find any adapters so I cobbled some stuff together and used some radiator tubing. It was not any louder than the tial BOV while driving. It sounded louder at a stop but thats about it. Completely not worth the $300 in my opinion.
I’ve read that the raceport is quieter than the louder ones like Tial Q50 and Big Red

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Can you post an image or screenshot from the video of the trimmed valve cover?
20210622_181623_HDR.jpg

Its hard to get a good pic of it. Theres maybe an inch of the edge of the plastic trim on the valve cover that needs to be removed. There's more clearance than the pic shows. I can easily fit my fingers in at the narrowest point.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Sc oil got a little messy should have done that out of the car....

You can see I highlighted where the pulley buts up against the valve cover. I took some cutters and just broke off the plastic fins that are on top of the cover. The pulley doesn't hit the head so just breaking off the fins seems to have worked fine. You can see there isn't much clearance but the bracket is bolted to cover so its not going to flex.

Sponsored

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So I take it you love your ESS KIt? I have a 19 Premium, PP1, A10, and want to go FI this winter and really like what I see with the G3 Kit with preferably a 10 rib belt pulleys and a Crank Support?. I want to make a True 700RWHP off of my Stock engine, 93 octane. I will do the basic OPG/CG, LTH with it.
Am I realistic in my Venture?. I see so many companies advertise 750-800whp on a stock engine/transmission but when I read people who have them on this forum they state they are only making 650-700WHP. And Heat soak to me is a definite concern even though some people will chime in with none sense crap that I shouldn't worry about it, THEY ARE CLUELESS.
Let Me Know.
Thank you for your help.
I have the G3 kit and I made 712 WHP on 93. PBD dyno tuned it for me. My setup is 120mm pulley, BAP, 1000cc injectors, and NGK spark plugs. My IAT are usually about few degrees above ambient while moving. Sitting at idle it won't go above 115. Keep in mind I live in Miami, FL so it's always hot.

I believe I am an outlier on the performance because when I spoke with ESS they were like WTF I sent them the videos and dyno sheets and they were impressed. So you definitely should be able to get to the 700 with a 110mm pulley. It's roughly anywhere between 20-40 HP per pound of boost.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I have the G3 kit and I made 712 WHP on 93. PBD dyno tuned it for me. My setup is 120mm pulley, BAP, 1000cc injectors, and NGK spark plugs. My IAT are usually about few degrees above ambient while moving. Sitting at idle it won't go above 115. Keep in mind I live in Miami, FL so it's always hot.

I believe I am an outlier on the performance because when I spoke with ESS they were like WTF I sent them the videos and dyno sheets and they were impressed. So you definitely should be able to get to the 700 with a 110mm pulley. It's roughly anywhere between 20-40 HP per pound of boost.
Thanks. I appreciate the help. Plus, besides their kits being 2-3k cheaper than their competitors, the craftsmanship looks really nice. Thanks

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
These look impressive. I've been thinking I'd keep my PP2 NA, but I can see running a G3 (or G2 w/ big IC) on E85 with a 7.5 psi pulley as I'm interested in a very efficient and low heat 600-700whp w/linear power for a road course/touring car. So far this looks like it may be the best option.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
These look impressive. I've been thinking I'd keep my PP2 NA, but I can see running a G3 (or G2 w/ big IC) on E85 with a 7.5 psi pulley as I'm interested in a very efficient and low heat 600-700whp w/linear power for a road course/touring car. So far this looks like it may be the best option.
Besides the price, the craftsmanship look great and this company has been making these for high dollar cars for a long time. Seems very reputable.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Besides the price, the craftsmanship look great and this company has been making these for high dollar cars for a long time. Seems very reputable.
Yup, I was looking at their kits for an e46 M3 I had... maybe 7 years ago?
Sponsored