Engine Noise

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd
I know coyotes are noisy and the DI is loud but I was just curious what folks thought about this and if i should be concerned/take it to the dealership before my warranty is up.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you're concerned, it typically goes like this:

A. You take it to the dealer...
A1. They will tell you it's normal.
A2. They will tear apart the engine and replace parts that will have no effect on changing the sound. Returning your car weeks later with no discernable difference, or worse.
A3. The dealer (depending on what they think they found) will authorize a replacement engine. Following that, the new engine will make the same sounds after it's first oil change. With a replacement engine, you've lost a month or more of use of your car and there's a good chance they return it to you with other problems related to the engine swap.

B. Send an oil sample into Blackstone for analysis and check your oil filter for metal flakes.
B1. If oil test/filter results are abnormal and indicating wear, go to step A.
B2. If oil test/filter results are normal, change to 5W-30 oil and add 1 bottle of Ceratec to quiet it down and proceed to drive the living snot out of it.
B3. Do the oil & Ceratec treatment and continue to drive it. If the noise gets worse go to step A.
B3. Do nothing, and continue to drive it. If the noise gets worse go to step A.

OP
OP
SazMayo

SazMayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium 6spd

A2. They will tear apart the engine and replace parts that will have no effect on changing the sound. Returning your car weeks later with no discernable difference, or worse.
A3. The dealer (depending on what they think they found) will authorize a replacement engine. Following that, the new engine will make the same sounds after it's first oil change. With a replacement engine, you've lost a month or more of use of your car and there's a good chance they return it to you with other problems related to the engine swap.

B. Send an oil sample into Blackstone for analysis and check your oil filter for metal flakes.
B2. If oil test/filter results are normal, change to 5W-30 oil and add 1 bottle of Ceratec to quiet it down and proceed to drive the living snot out of it.
B3. Do the oil & Ceratec treatment and continue to drive it. If the noise gets worse go to step A.
this is extremely thorough haha. this is my first s550 so i appreciate all the help truly.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
this is extremely thorough haha. this is my first s550 so i appreciate all the help truly.
Glad to be helpful. These engines are noisy by nature.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Sounds like a coyote. And quieter than mine!

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
Ain’t nothing a little ceratec won’t cure. Welcome to noisy coyotes

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
Normal sound. Enjoy your car. Mine has 50,000 miles on it and sounds like yours. No oil consumption issues, nor does it seem low on power. Rip on it and enjoy the beautiful V8.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sounds normal for sure. When I started noticing that noise I was worried about it too. I don’t hear it anymore because my music is always up and loud af. Many miles later it’s still running so that’s a good thing 🤣 :giggle:

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

One amendment:

C. Turn up radio loud
C1. Rev the shit out of it with the windows down.

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
It's funny I remember when I got my first Mustang a 2006 GT... it only had 1500 miles on it and I complained to a buddy of mine who has owned more Mustangs than I can count about rattles and the slack in the shifter.

His response:

It's not a f****** Mercedes... its a Mustang. Thier shifters always suck and the body is gonna have rattles.... you have one of two solutions on the rattles....

1. Louder exhaust

2. Better stereo.

On the shifter... Google Hurst or Steeda Tri Ax.

Since I already had the Shaker 1000 system I opted for mac boom tubes never heard rattles again... lol

Swapped the shifter out for a hurst comp plus and never complained about the shifter again either...lol

So even though the coyote I think is an excellent engine it's not a Mercedes it's probably going to be louder than a lot of higher end engines...🤷‍♂️

If she's running good Id drop the hammer and go...

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
My solutions.

A) bottle of ceratec with oil change
B) Borla Cat back is loud AF
C) Turn up the music

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Headers and a catback will fix it. Trust me.
Sponsored