Engine Misfire FBO Coyote

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
yeah im very unsure, i’ve gotten 5 revisions since i started getting this issue to ensure it wasn’t a tuning problem. i have strong confidence in the tuner, very credible. currently has the 2nd fastest N/A coyote f150 in the world, mechanical engineering degree and no one i know has had any issues with his tuning. my last resort is to take it to a local coyote performance shop so they can tear it apart and figure out if there’s anything wrong. i recently pulled out a spark plug to inspect and noticed there was oil around the thread. unsure if this is related to my misfire
At this point who knows. If you trust the tuner then maybe it’s the fuel.

figuring out car problems is a pain. One time I had a noise coming from the back of my car when I’d drive for a while. Inspected everything and it all looked fine. Then I looked at the rear brakes and thought to myself “are the wear indicators on the brake pads rubbing on the caliper?. So I cut off the inicators and never heard the noise again.
Sponsored

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Trying to bring this back from the ded. Updated my cal and so far the car has been running great, though it’s only been a day. I’ll log a few commutes this week and if I can confirm the misfire at low load is gone, I can post what switch/table modifications got me to this point.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If it comes back, you may need to close up your plug gap a bit.

Wilownu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 paxton supercharged GT
Trying to bring this back from the ded. Updated my cal and so far the car has been running great, though it’s only been a day. I’ll log a few commutes this week and if I can confirm the misfire at low load is gone, I can post what switch/table modifications got me to this point.
Did you get it fixed? I'm having the same issues.

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Switching off the mapped points from 14-25 in the 38155 config table keeps the cal from running on mapped points that require IMRCs to still be functional.

Sponsored

Scoot61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
just wondering if things are still running with your last post on imrc?
my tuner has said he has done this but i am still getting random misfire below 3000 rpm runs perfect above that

Baldilox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible
just wondering if things are still running with your last post on imrc?
my tuner has said he has done this but i am still getting random misfire below 3000 rpm runs perfect above that
Scoot, did you get yours resolved? I’m being tuned with Lund and am having random misfires from idle up to about 2200 rpm or so as well

Scoot61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Kinda I've gone with PBD ,first tune made a big difference how the car ran at lower rpm
Still have a very slight sounding misfire from 2250 to 2750 but nit getting any cels, doesn't cause any issue as to how runs waiting for another tune and do some data logs today

Baldilox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Kinda I've gone with PBD ,first tune made a big difference how the car ran at lower rpm
Still have a very slight sounding misfire from 2250 to 2750 but nit getting any cels, doesn't cause any issue as to how runs waiting for another tune and do some data logs today
Do you have your IMRCs locked or no?

cterie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Has anyone found a fix for this issue? 2017 Mustang gt with gen3 IM. Getting p300 as well. Multiple misfires when around 1600-2400 rpm. Going monday to get the imrc deleted, locked out and then tuned but I'm worried this won't fix the issues. Would appreciate any feedback or solutions.
Sponsored

Last edited: