Sponsored

Electrical issue

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Having an intermittent issue on my 21 Mach 1. Active exhaust becomes disabled...screen on nav cycles and I get a warning to either cut the car off or turn it on to save battery...system says it is cutoff with one of those loading bars at the bottom. Then it resets and goes back to normal. Happened twice on a drive today...happened a while ago too. WTF. Ford just sucks...I should trade this thing and be done with it. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
The bad news is that you have these two seemingly unrelated issues; the good news is that it's still under warranty. The cause of the problems could be as simple as a loose ground wire. Get it diagnosed and fixed, then you'll forget the bad stuff and remember all the reasons you got the Mach 1 in the first place.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Check all grounds under the hood. Check ground at starter.

Check all fuses in the fuse box under the hood and make sure all fuses/relays are pressed in firmly. Do the same with fuse box located behind passenger side kick panel.

Check the AE harness where it is located at mufflers; most common AE issues are due to that harness being stretched, connectors loose, melted through harness or connectors or broken wires within the black conduit..

Check battery cable ends for severe corrosion and/or not being firmly and securely connected to the battery terminals.

When all else fails, do what Comcast/Xfinity cable company suggest from their Customer Service script - unplug the unit and wait 10 minutes, plug it back in and all problems go away… LMFAO… just wanted to add some humor, after all these cars are becoming more and more glitchy as more and more tech is added….🙃

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
Take it back to Ford for warranty work, but get a video of what is appearing on the screen. If it's an intermittent problem then you have some evidence for the dealership to work with other than hoping that the problem crops up while it's in their shop.

Or do usual. "I have a flat tire, what should I do?" "Disconnect the battery for an hour." :sunglasses:

OP
OP
DarthMalice

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Thanks...going in tomorrow...I should have taken pics when it happened...of course it hasn't again. I had the whole evap core shit on my 2016 which was a nightmare and why I am about fed up with Mustangs to be honest.
Sponsored