Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

DrewFiveOhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Coyote
Thank’s for the info @illtal. I replaced the 74mm idler pulley that I suspected it to be, and that didn’t fix the noise. I spoke with Tony at Edelbrock and I realized the car has an aftermarket tensioner from American Racing Solutions, which I noticed odd movement from while the car was running. Supposed to have the correct Gates tensioner/pulley coming in today to try, and hopefully that fixes my issue. While the timing chain is a good suggestion, I started the car without the belt (suggested by Tony to rule out internal engine damage) and the noise was non-existent, so I’m 90% confident it is pulley/belt related somewhere along the accessory drive. If replacing my current tensioner with the supplied tensioner that comes with the kit doesn’t solve my issue, then it’s likely the supercharger itself (according to Tony). This is honestly a great learning experience for me as I’ve never owned a high horsepower car/am not super mechanically inclined, and I’m doing the work myself. Learning a lot about my car in particular!

Once I figure out the issue, I will be sure to post back in this thread with an update for anyone who has similar issues in the future! Such a great thread for anyone with this kit.
Sponsored

DrewFiveOhh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Coyote
Okay, a little update. After a couple of day’s, part’s, blood, & sweat, I got everything figured out (for now).

Long story short, it was a bad tensioner/tensioner pulley. I removed the 63mm pulley, one of the 74mm idler pulley’s, and my tensioner/tensioner pulley (which was an aftermarket billet ARS tensioner). I checked both the 63mm and the 74mm idler pulley to see if the bearings were bad, and I even replaced the 74mm idler pulley with a brand new one, which took me to 4 different auto parts store’s until I found one 45 minute’s from me that had one. The noise was still present, UNTIL I swapped the aftermarket tensioner with the gates tensioner and 8-rib pulley that originally comes with the kit. Once I installed that and tightened every single pulley on the front accessory drive, the sound went away and hasn’t come back (knock on wood).

I even took the car to my local car event, Somernites, today and the car did phenomenal. Just have a few tuning related things I am getting sorted and then the car should be 100%!

ARTAX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
May be nothing but may be something. Found random nut just gently lying beneath Bypass Valve Linkage. Doesn't appear to have come off anything in the immediate vicinity as it is quite small. Any idea? maybe random nut I dropped somehow but wanted to make sure. Also the "DO NOT REMOVE" sticker that was around the edelbrock 2650 blower pulley has been... removed. I know it probably keeps that dust cap in place or helps keep dust out I suppose, where Can I get a replacement or something that won't get sucked up into the bearing itself?

Loose Nut and missing sticker copy.jpg

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Has anyone tried the Bullitt or Mach-1 87mm digital throttle body with this supercharger?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone tried the Bullitt or Mach-1 87mm digital throttle body with this supercharger?
Nevermind. I think that I found the answer to my question. Juggernaut Performance makes a modified PMAS solution with a 120mm MAF housing to connect directly to the Edelbrock 103mm throttle body. I can make the throttle body opening connect to the 87mm unit without any leaks.

Jn2ning Edelbrock PMAS 120mm Intake Upgrade Kit | Juggernaut Performance Inc. (juggernautpower.com)

2801.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

allicedout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hem
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Nevermind. I think that I found the answer to my question. Juggernaut Performance makes a modified PMAS solution with a 120mm MAF housing to connect directly to the Edelbrock 103mm throttle body. I can make the throttle body opening connect to the 87mm unit without any leaks.

Jn2ning Edelbrock PMAS 120mm Intake Upgrade Kit | Juggernaut Performance Inc. (juggernautpower.com)

2801.jpg
So let me see if I'm reading this correctly, you are using the PMAS intake made for 103MM throttle body to work on the stock 87MM throttle body? If so I am interested knowing more about it. Did you have to retune?

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So let me see if I'm reading this correctly, you are using the PMAS intake made for 103MM throttle body to work on the stock 87MM throttle body? If so I am interested knowing more about it. Did you have to retune?
I haven't received the modified PMAS yet. Juggernaut should be shipping out today. I was going to need an adjusted tune for the 87mm throttle body anyway, but the PMAS is a 120mm MAF tube and it will require further tuning adjustment. I'll be doing both at the same time so it will be easier for the tuner. He will only have to write one new file, instead of two.

The stock 2018 MAF tube diameter is 99.7mm, plus or minus 1/10 of a mm. The PMAS will be much less restrictive, of course. Should help my high-end power. I'm at 669rwhp peak right now with the stock throttle body and stock airbox on 91.

Juggernaut had only 2 of these kits left when I made my purchase. The one left will be the last one as Juggernaut is not going to have any more of these kits made. If someone wants to replace their stock throttle body on a 2018+ Stage-1 kit with an 87mm Bullitt/Mach-1, they will likely have to fabricate their own CAI or use a coupler between the throttle body and the end of the stock air tube. Or, they could buy that last unit from Juggernaut. Lastly, in the worst case, they could shell out several grand for the Edelbrock Stage-2 upgrade and still have a smaller MAF housing at 113mm.

VMP and Lund are willing to tune this combination. I'm using both tuners to see which one has the best driveability. Both will likely be so close at peak power that it will be within the normal margin for error anyway. Driveability is most important to me right now. I'm fully retired and have time to experiment and I enjoy doing it...

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I wish I could find my driveability issue. It’s irking me to no end!

Good luck with dyno! Can’t wait to hear what the difference makes!

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Latest update. I got my Ford Racing adapter plate for the 80mm to 87mm throttle body upgrade back from the machine shop. Remember, the throttle body side of the adapter is about 87.5mm and the manifold side of the adapter is about 82.5mm. The machine shop got rid of the extra 5mm so that I could get the full benefit of the entire 87mm. The Edelbrock opening is about 90mm. Note the adapter pic of the throttle body side. You can see how thin the metal is between the opening and the rubber seal valley. Really impressive work and it only cost me $50. Now, the rubber MAF tube is 120mm on the filter side and big enough on the throttle body side for the Edelbrock 103mm throttle body. I simply applied the appropriate thickness of 3M high heat double-sided tape to allow a secure leak-free fit. I'm still awaiting the hard plastic MAF tube with the MAF sensor fitting and the 7" conical PMAS race filter. After completing the installation and getting the tunes (91 and 100) all straightened out, I'll post a final pic and new dyno results...

20240116_121214.jpg
20240116_121227.jpg
20240116_121718.jpg
20240116_121730.jpg
20240116_121638.jpg
20240116_123336.jpg

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Is there any vacuum lines coming off the elbow?

Sponsored

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
None. I'm going to eliminate the brake aspirator connection and connect directly from the brake vacuum booster reservoir to the fitting at the front of the manifold. For the driver's side PCV, I'm going to be using a breather filter. As you can see in the first pic, I haven't removed the brake aspirator connection yet. I'm going to need to find a hard plastic or metal reducer for the difference in hose sizes. In the interim, I'll just cap off the remaining open end...

20240116_134005.jpg
20240116_134013.jpg

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
No problem. They have the adapters for vacuum fittings into the silicone elbows.