Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 10.57@135

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So your suggesting 3rd gear? I wasnā€™t giving exact numbers, just stating that is 4th gear. 3rd gear is pretty short but not bad for testing. 5th gear hits speed limiter.
Nice try - nope. Do your math - I was talking about 4th as you first suggested.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Thanks for answering my question. Thatā€™s how a Diamond Sponsor talks to forum members? The Admins should ban you.

In case you havenā€™t noticed many people take offense to almost everything that comes out of your mouth on here. Several people just on this thread alone have said how your horrible, arrogant demeanor turned them off from your products. If you piss off even two or three people on this forum that translates into $20-$30,000 in lost topline revenue. Why pay to sponsor the forum and then drive up your CAC (customer acquisition cost)? If you worked at my business Iā€™d let you go.

Though I assumed based on your lack of caring or awareness of the public-facing marketing collateral that this forum creates, that you were a 17 year old intern at Whipple handling social media, someone suggested you are the VP or CEO!? Your babyish remarks about being mad at Edelbrock and that ā€˜they started itā€™ make you sound like an angry middle school student throwing stones in a glass house.

One thing you should understand is just because you build a solid product, doesnā€™t ever make it ok to disrespect new and current customers.
This guy gets it :clap2:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
In my years surfing forums experience tells me the people taking offense ARE NOT customers or potential costumers....so no revenue lost.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Nice try - nope. Do your math - I was talking about 4th as you first suggested.
I think this is a misunderstanding, I said it looks like it was run in 4th. Iā€™m not sure what your arguing about, your saying 155 is 7500, so are you somehow proving me wrong? Your saying itā€™s not 3rd, we all know itā€™s not 5th or 6th, so confused on the point your trying to make.

I think the obvious point is that one mentioned that somehow it was a different reading due to mph, which has zero to do with the power flat lining.

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Getting back to the actual topic...

Anyone care to chime in on the drivability, reliability, or other general quirks of the Edelbrock kit? I daily my car year round in Canada, so absolute power is low on my care list.

Any belt alignment or tensioner issues? Cold or hot start quirks? Frequent tune revisions? Abysmal fuel economy? You know, the stuff that soils the experience.

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Likewise

Anyone care to chime in on the drivability, reliability, or other general quirks of the Edelbrock kit? I daily my car year round in Canada, so absolute power is low on my care list.

Any belt alignment or tensioner issues? Cold or hot start quirks? Frequent tune revisions? Abysmal fuel economy? You know, the stuff that soils the experience.
X2! I am looking at going the S/C route this year and looking into all the systems right now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
the dyno run was in 4th/1.14 gear ratio.

the tunes from Edelbrock are fine, obviously conservative as they are warrantied. Apart from that no driving or starting issues, being a different country and a very different exhaust system, logs for their Stage 1 & 2 were sent and they setup to suit Aussie conditions, was done very quickly. Power wise they make the same up top, but through the mid range see an extra 25-30ish rwhp then the Roush/Harrop setups.

IAT's are quite good driving, and at the track. funnily the pass we went the 10.57 the IAT was highest around 120-125F, we did 3 passes in about 80 minutes, we were sitting in staging lanes 15mins or so idling down to the tree. the 1st 2 passes were 100-105F IAT. we are basically trying to repeat how the car would perform for a customer if they took it to the track. we also are making an Interchiller option, like we run in the 300C with the 2.9 i mentioned earlier, that thing hot laps with IAT's constantly staying mid 80's - mid 90's running 10.0-10.1@137-138, even cooler again with a small shot of gas, was in the high 70's - low 80's

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not to hijack your thread but here's what my bone stock (including intake) auto made with the 2650 stage 1, Edelbrock's 50 State Tune w/2 additional degrees of timing and 93.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Not to hijack your thread but here's what my bone stock (including intake) auto made with the 2650 stage 1, Edelbrock's 50 State Tune w/2 additional degrees of timing and 93.

Is that wheel or engine HP:)

Can I ask are you happy with your choice?

zrwhat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My wife daily drove it for 4 months before winter started here in Indiana. Drivability was perfect, only issue was cold starts once the weather dropped below 50deg. Itā€™s currently in my garage getting ready for some BMR suspension, Baer brakes and some Welds before spring.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
My wife daily drove it for 4 months before winter started here in Indiana. Drivability was perfect, only issue was cold starts once the weather dropped below 50deg. Itā€™s currently in my garage getting ready for some BMR suspension, Baer brakes and some Welds before spring.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the Supercharger kit. If any cold start issues persist, do not hesitate to contact myself or our technical department for further assistance. :thumbsup:
Sponsored