Sponsored

Edelbrock 2.6 TVS on the dyno

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Here you go - 536whp (7:50)

I think others covered this well. That gutted ass happy dyno 536whp (which isn’t even 550 that you said they make) can barely run low 11s on stellar air..........that car on a proper dyno would be lucky to hit 475.
Sponsored

nate-roth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Nice job OP - i just got my 18' A10 down here in San Antonio and have been watching your build thread. You are a great example of a new generation hot rodder i.e. you bought a tuner kit, made smart comments on the DW injectors, did a clean self install and clearly undertsand your tuning and data logging,
Your car reminds me of my 2014 that I just got out of. I got a good deal on a Maggie TVS 2300 and installed it with factory airbox, exhaust, and 93. It made around 540rwhp and the horsepower hyenas were doubting the set up. I did a CFM cai for the maggie, cat delete, injector & bap to complement the E85, self tuned with HP tuners at 23-24 timing from17-18 on 93. Long story short with those mods alone I made 635 rwhp on the same 8lbs of boost even with the inlet strangled maggie which is very similar to the last generation edlebrock tvs.
I bet when you open the intake path, delete the cats, and add timing through e85 you will gain 150 rwhp easy on that setup. The torque numbers are going to be impressive as well.
Ive never met the tuner JN2, but if you know anything about tuning these cars, you can tell by reading his posts on the HP Tuners forums that he is well, well qualified,just as much as the big name tuners used. Ive spent countless hours refining my tune on the 2014,it'snot magic, it just takes patience and starting with a base tune really helps as well as resources like the lasota racing coyote cookbook

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
I like the TQ number for sure. Comes on hard but falls off hard as well. Is there options for a larger throttle body for these kits? Be interesting to see what difference it would make. I only made 544TQ on my Whipple Gen 3 stage 2 but I made 709WHP. Stock pulley, 94 pump, stock headers. I'll be following to see this thing progress :) Congrats on your build!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I like the TQ number for sure. Comes on hard but falls off hard as well. Is there options for a larger throttle body for these kits? Be interesting to see what difference it would make. I only made 544TQ on my Whipple Gen 3 stage 2 but I made 709WHP. Stock pulley, 94 pump, stock headers. I'll be following to see this thing progress :) Congrats on your build!
Yes they will be offering a larger TB, it’s goijg to be a 103mm TB and 114mm(4.5”) enclosed intake. I think the fall off is prob from the stock throttle body, It’s pretty small and these rotor want more air, once I swap to the larger set up that torque shouldnonly increase even more

59D8D23C-80E8-4771-B958-34C2D31CAF61.jpeg

6EA1CFBF-A536-4E32-9ACE-DA6DCEADE1C0.jpeg

500lbs tq from 2800-6400 does a body good :)
Yup, you def feel it when driving around too. These TVS’s really make solid torque numbers. I’m really looking forward to upgrading to the 103mm TB when it’s out

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Ive never met the tuner JN2, but if you know anything about tuning these cars, you can tell by reading his posts on the HP Tuners forums that he is well, well qualified,just as much as the big name tuners used. Ive spent countless hours refining my tune on the 2014,it'snot magic, it just takes patience and starting with a base tunl really helps as well as resources like the lasota racing coyote cookbook
Yeah you can learn a lot off the forums and from the cool book. As a side note, 7th is no longer slipping after a recent tune update that increased like pressure a bit more. So next time I hit the dyno I should be able to do all the pulls in 7th.

cookymunster_gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt grabber blue
Yeah you can learn a lot off the forums and from the cool book. As a side note, 7th is no longer slipping after a recent tune update that increased like pressure a bit more. So next time I hit the dyno I should be able to do all the pulls in 7th.
I’m getting a 2650 this Friday or next Monday but it’s the 90mm inlet one I’m also getting the 90mm TB, 8rib upgrade and intake i already have longtubes and off road mid pipes so I will update y’all on what i make once everything is set and done I’m expecting 670-700whp on 12psi of boost on 93 octane. Note I’m a 17 car auto trans and the dyno where I go reads lower than dynojets in the area(almost forgot to mention I will be running some octane booster as well)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I’m getting a 2650 this Friday or next Monday but it’s the 90mm inlet one I’m also getting the 90mm TB, 8rib upgrade and intake i already have longtubes and off road mid pipes so I will update y’all on what i make once everything is set and done I’m expecting 670-700whp on 12psi of boost on 93 octane. Note I’m a 17 car auto trans and the dyno where I go reads lower than dynojets in the area(almost forgot to mention I will be running some octane booster as well)
Nice! the 8 rib will let you run a smaller pulley with out having to worry about belt slip.
Sponsored