OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
I put down 675 wheel on a stock 2015 car, whipple canned tune, on 91 at 3,500 elevation on a whipple stage 2 and I was disappointed because others are cracking 700's easily. I'd be upset if I was putting down low 600's after all that money spent when NA guy's are getting 550whp on 18's.
The numbers look to the in the ballpark of what is expected given the blower is still being limited by the stock TB, stock airbox, stock sized panel filter, and factory headers/cats.

If you compare this to Whipple's stage 1 kit for the gen 3 coyote you will see that even with my 6th gear pulls I made 52# of torque more than the whipple did in 7th gear. Keep in mind that 6th gear was reading lower than 7th, so I made 638whp in 7th while slipping the trans, they made 638whp in 7th with no slip. What causes slip? Torque does, torque causes slip, what does the TVS do? Make torque

Here is Coyote car guy's dyno of his Whipple stage 1 kit, the one that uses a stock TB and the larger 5" intake. Any questions?

50787737_318998565401102_7217100243463045120_n.png

I put down 675 wheel on a stock 2015 car, whipple canned tune, on 91 at 3,500 elevation on a whipple stage 2 and I was disappointed because others are cracking 700's easily. I'd be upset if I was putting down low 600's after all that money spent when NA guy's are getting 550whp on 18's.
He's on e85, has long tubes, and other bolt ons, If I wanted to do that I could of done it. I will be sure to tag you when I have long tubes, e85, and a intake so you can see how much of a difference those mods make ;)

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
It is ideal to dyno in a 1:1 gear but that is not always possible. Case in point, the 6R80 does not have a 1:1, so 4 gear is used since it's close to 1:1. Other vehicles such as the F150 can be dangerous to dyno in 1:1 due to wheel and driveshaft speed.

Nice results OP. This is REPEATABLE power to expect on 93 octane when using stock exhaust, stock throttle body and stock intake.
Actually with the 6r80 most want to dyno in 5th gear but guys with 315 and possible 331 cannot because it hits the speed limit of the ecm,which is 178 mph.For example my last dyno a couple weeks ago my car shut in 5th gear at 6200 hundred rpms,had to do the pulls in 4th.But u are right about the speed of the wheels on the dyno being dangerous,i did not like the 5th gear pull lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kona 18

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Actually with the 6r80 most want to dyno in 5th gear but guys with 315 and possible 331 cannot because it hits the speed limit of the ecm,which is 178 mph.For example my last dyno a couple weeks ago my car shut in 5th gear at 6200 hundred rpms,had to do the pulls in 4th.But u are right about the speed of the wheels on the dyno being dangerous,i did not like the 5th gear pull lol.
Patch it, that has been fixed already so you can go as fast as you need too

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yea my buddy has hp tuners just have not got around to it yet..

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Here you go - 536whp (7:50)
Please don't link up those youtube gomers,

I've forwarded thru that nonsense before and that dyno graph looks like it was drawn by a 3 year old .... If you average that out he was in the 490 range, which is believable as his trap speed was around 125,
Dyno_Graph_Drawn_By _a_3YO.JPG

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
If you never want to worry about 7th gear then get 3.15's. That is what I have, plus a 29.5'' tire.

I'm surprised yours is slipping. Mine didn't slip till well over 600whp. Can't remember the TQ but it wasn't much further below. First pull on wastegate (7lbs springs) and mine made over 800

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Impressive.
Everyone gets all excited about peak power figures...and I don’t get it.
For the sake of argument, let’s assume the figures are in fact completely accurate for both sheets.
I’ll take your 300whp @ 3k over the Whipple’s 230 any day of the week.
That’s over 20% more power on tap in the places you actually use it on a daily basis.
The fact that it’s STILL making more power than the Whipple at 6k doesn’t really do much for the Whipple’s cause except to produce dyno sheets with big numbers at the top.
As a person who’s looking at swapping out the blower, the options are either get slight improvements going from Gen 2 Whipple to Gen 4, or, use a blower that produces actual torque and be done with it.
I know which option will be far more fun on a manual car.

Last edited:

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
It is ideal to dyno in a 1:1 gear but that is not always possible. Case in point, the 6R80 does not have a 1:1, so 4 gear is used since it's close to 1:1. Other vehicles such as the F150 can be dangerous to dyno in 1:1 due to wheel and driveshaft speed.

Nice results OP. This is REPEATABLE power to expect on 93 octane when using stock exhaust, stock throttle body and stock intake.
I guess my question was intended to qualify the gear ratio effects results of the graph and it's peaks or does it not? I understand the trickery needed to avoid a mishap or limitations imposed by the built in granny but doesn't the the trans ratio being in an overdrive gear negatively skew the end results?

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Impressive.
Everyone gets all excited about peak power figures...and I don’t get it.
For the sake of argument, let’s assume the figures are in fact completely accurate for both sheets.
I’ll take your 300whp @ 3k over the Whipple’s 230 any day of the week.
That’s over 20% more power on tap in the places you actually use it on a daily basis.
The fact that it’s STILL making more power than the Whipple at 6k doesn’t really do much for the Whipple’s cause except to produce dyno sheets with big numbers at the top.
As a person who’s looking at swapping out the blower, the options are either get slight improvements going from Gen 2 Whipple to Gen 4, or, be done with it and use a blower that produces actual torque and be done with it.
I know which option will be far more fun on a manual car.
Are you going WOT at 3k rpm in an auto car without downshifting? Why?

Ideally, you'd downshift and be at a higher RPM so you can accelerate quickly. I've never been concerned with power numbers under 4k RPM but maybe we just drive differently.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are you going WOT at 3k rpm in an auto car without downshifting? Why?

Ideally, you'd downshift and be at a higher RPM so you can accelerate quickly. I've never been concerned with power numbers under 4k RPM but maybe we just drive differently.
I’d say we most certainly drive differently.
It’s pretty hard to generate the kind of acceleration that will make me laugh like a school kid.
Being able to roast the tyres at almost any rpm in the first four gears in a manual will though.
Sponsored

Last edited: