ecoboost turbo lag?

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Yea I was looking at that. They Dont say weather the 1st pull was on 93 Oct but the fact he made 410 tq on 93 and all stock makes this engine wonder what its really capable of. That tuner never got back to that thread to answer questions
Sponsored

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Silly of me to ask but all of these tuners void warranty correct? So everyone getting tuned is praying they Dont blow?

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Yea I was looking at that. They Dont say weather the 1st pull was on 93 Oct but the fact he made 410 tq on 93 and all stock makes this engine wonder what its really capable of. That tuner never got back to that thread to answer questions
Even if the baseline was on 87 Octane, the final result on 93 Octane is near GT territory. The funny thing is they still think they can product more power, as its only the first initial testing.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Silly of me to ask but all of these tuners void warranty correct? So everyone getting tuned is praying they Dont blow?
There has not been any long term studies about tuning the ecoboost engine reliability. So for this very reason, I am playing safe than sorry as I plan to keep my Ecobeast for a while.

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Gotcha. Had a buddy of mine that was trying to argue that these engines have been out for along time already and proven to be good up to 400 HP. Thanks for the info

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
My answer in the other thread:

No it doesn't void your whole warranty. Yes the ECU counts how many times it has been flashed. Ford has to prove that your problem was the direct result of your aftermarket tune in order to deny a warranty claim. This is the result of the Magnusen-Moss Warranty act

I worry about engine problems with getting a tune also but a few of these tuners have very good reputations and there are a lot of tuned EBs out there already in Taurus/F150s. I tried my best to find one that was blown by a livernois tune and couldnt and they have been doing EBs for a few years now

Suddueth13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Gotcha. Had a buddy of mine that was trying to argue that these engines have been out for along time already and proven to be good up to 400 HP. Thanks for the info
The 2.3L EcoBoost is new. It only debuted last year. It has been seen to make 400+ whp but not with the stock turbo and it was with custom forged pistons and rods. This car will not make 400whp on the stock turbo, it's just too small. I can see the stock internals handling a good bit though. FFTEC just put in the custom forged pieces so they wouldn't have to worry about blowing it up.

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
If you're concerned about a warranty, you're better off not modifying your car. If you're the type that gets excited about a blown engine because it's a chance to go with thicker forged rods and forged Pistons, then have fun. That said, Im willing to bet these internals are good for Atleast 500whp.

TheZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 392 Challenger Scat Pack
If you're concerned about a warranty, you're better off not modifying your car. If you're the type that gets excited about a blown engine because it's a chance to go with thicker forged rods and forged Pistons, then have fun. That said, Im willing to bet these internals are good for Atleast 500whp.
I agree.. the internals are already forged stock from the factory. There are companies coming out with thicker rods but unless you plan on 700whp you dont really need them! FORD is also coming out with there own tune for this car as well by the end of this year and reports are of it possibly gaining the ecoboost stang 33% in power. thats around what there tune got the Focus ST.. FORD built this car for performance..

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
33% in HP? Not going to happen. Maybe 33% in torque, but without upgrading the IC it won't be consistent. I gaurentee the aftermarket tuners will make more power than Ford.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)

No it doesn't void your whole warranty. Yes the ECU counts how many times it has been flashed. Ford has to prove that your problem was the direct result of your aftermarket tune in order to deny a warranty claim. This is the result of the Magnusen-Moss Warranty act

I worry about engine problems with getting a tune also but a few of these tuners have very good reputations and there are a lot of tuned EBs out there already in Taurus/F150s. I tried my best to find one that was blown by a livernois tune and couldnt and they have been doing EBs for a few years now
We have yet to have a client vehicle fail due to our tuning! We pride ourselves on our pristine record.

OP
OP

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Had no idea these cars have forged internals. Should make for some nice power without blowing

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD

You actually need to file a claim through BBB auto line before proceeding with Magnusen-Warranty action...see warranty info in owners manual

TimH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 ecoboost Mustang
I think it may be just you. The small turbo in the Ecoboost spools up at a very low RPM. If you are looking for more throttle response look into a cat-less downpipe, a tune, and an intake.
Ecoboost has huge turbo lag guys. Not sure if you have even floored one making those comments.
Sponsored