Sponsored

Ecoboost tuning and modding questions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I just bought a 2018 Ecoboost performance package with 31k miles and would like to do some simple aftermarket mod installs and maybe a tune. I am new to the car scene(this is my first car). I have a lot of questions in regards to what will void warranty, what’s worth it, and risk. To start, I’m most concerned about voiding my warranty. My car is ford gold certified so I have the 12 month limited bumper to bumper warranty, and also a 7 year power and drivetrain warranty. Performance mod wise, I’d like to install a roush cai and cvf street intercooler. I’d likely pair that up with a ford performance tune so I'm somewhat covered. Will I run into any issues with my warranty doing that? Could I just bolt on the cai and intercooler without a tune and be fine? Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
CAI and IC will be fine with no tune. I have the ford performance tune in my car and it runs great, just be aware that on 18+ mustang ecos you cannot go back to stock calibration yourself it has to be flashed back to the stock tune by a ford dealer only for a charge. Also the FP tune only has a 3/36 warranty so you will only have 1k of warranty, the 5/60 or 7/100 may or may not cover any powertrain damage. Thats up to what dealer or ford determines caused a failure and if it is determined it was from FP tune you will be out of luck.

Just an FYI

BD