Sponsored

Ecoboost to GT Regrets? Tips/Suggestions?

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I have nothing against the Ecoboost, but to be quite honest, the Coyote is an absolute gem of an engine for a car in this price range. From how it sounds to what you can do with it, it's just wonderful really. A lot for your money. Every time I get to unleash it and feel that smooth power curve, my testosterone levels max out for the day.
Yep. Mine do too.
My woman was shopping cars when I got mine. She was coming out of a worn out 6cly Camaro.
She was looking at V8 Camaros, and V8 Challengers.
She took a ride in my 2020 gt, said, "WOAH, this is exactly how a muscle car should sound!"
And a couple of weeks later bought an end of the year 21 Gt premium, with everything but magnaride.
She bought hers based on exhaust note alone! 😂
And she's constantly amazed at what fine pieces of machinery these cars are.
This is my 5th Mustang, but my first Coyote motor and I'm very impressed as well.
Good job Ford.
She asked me the other day why the rear end felt funny when she was getting on the interstate........ Oy.
So now she's waiting on LMR to restock their MHP1 wheels.
I mean, it's a safety issue....... 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
She asked me the other day why the rear end felt funny when she was getting on the interstate........ Oy.
Okay, I'm a newbie here and to the Mustang generally. What exactly does this refer to?

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Agreed, we need to strap all of y'inz to that Saturn V and see which one brought an O2 bottle and parachute to the event.
Look at you, bustin' out some Pittsburgh-ese!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Getting happy with the gas pedal
My wife sometimes naively looks over at me and asks “is that what y’all call fishtailing?”. The only time I’ve ever seen her genuinely startled was when an unexpectedly harsh A10 downshift at around 45 mph during a too-close two lane road passing maneuver threw the beast sideways. Truth be told it tightened me up a little too, but I learned my lesson about this thing downshifting. Can’t believe I hadn’t anticipated it but my bad.

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I just did the 2019 EB to 2022 GT swap on Wednesday. I loved my EB and had a great time with it. I was actually thinking of ordering another when my lease came due. Then I drove the GT and that was it. Plus my wife insisted on the Altas Blue GT with the Black Package and leather. I can’t say no to my wife.
no regrets. The GT is out of this world. I’m so happy with it

Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I just did the 2019 EB to 2022 GT swap on Wednesday. I loved my EB and had a great time with it. I was actually thinking of ordering another when my lease came due. Then I drove the GT and that was it. Plus my wife insisted on the Altas Blue GT with the Black Package and leather. I can’t say no to my wife.
no regrets. The GT is out of this world. I’m so happy with it
Funny how that works. My wife was initially against me getting a Mustang at all, because she really didn't want to spend the money, and with gas prices so high a V8 is unreasonable (and she wasn't wrong). But then we were at the dealer negotiating for a Mustang GT Premium with Black Accent package that I had my eyes on, and she noticed the California Special sitting in the showroom that I wasn't even considering because of the higher price.

"What's that?" she asked. "I like that one a lot better."

Once I "agreed" to spend about $3000 more on the GT/CS, she was suddenly excited about the purchase. Since then, she's been loving the car as much as I do and even talks about wanting red brake calipers to better match the aesthetics.

It's hard to understand sometimes...