Sponsored

Ecoboost to GT Regrets? Tips/Suggestions?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
You tell yourself 'one mod couldn't hurt', 5k later you're throwing new wheels, rubber and begin to think 305's are 'lookin kinda small', all bolt-on options, begin planning out boost options, begin to consider going E85, renaming your savings account to 'Whipple Fund' in online banking and more. Don't even look into exterior options.
He's not wrong.

- OMG a new Mustang GT? Never owned one and would love to.
- Trades in Mercedes AMG and gets a Mustang
- Going to keep it stock. 460hp is already pretty cray cray but maybe closer to a GT350/500 so....
- Starts throwing money at her like a stripper at Frosh Week

With the Supercharger I'm getting close to the cost of pre-pandemic GT500s. Wheels and Tires, Supercharger, GT500 Hood, GT500 Spoiler, GT500 stripes, PPF and Ceramic coating, Lowering Springs, Dash Cams, aftermarket vehicle tracking system, blah blah blah

I've got one more small mod I want to do which is the front grills but then I'm stopping cause it's going to break me faster than a 20 something year old woman looking for a sugar daddy.

You won't regret it but definitely know when to pump the brakes; your wallet will thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
...And driving the EB most days of the week probably wouldn't save enough money on gas to make up for the insurance and property tax for having an extra car.

I have 4 (running) cars at home, so I'm not one to tell people they should only have one car. 😅
But it's easier to rationalize having multiple cars when they all feel different from the driver's seat. Between an EcoBoost and a GT it's hard to imagine them feeling different except for power. Don't they have the exact same EPAS? Is the software even different?
Don't get me wrong, I used to have multiple cars and hope to again one day. But having just moved to a new state, I'm in an apartment for now. So multiple cars can't be an option for a couple years (want to get to know the area first and let the housing market cool off before buying a house). And to your point about the different feel, I'm thinking car #2 will be something totally different. Even if I want another Mustang, I'll go for a different generation for the 2nd one I think.

The fuel efficiency was definitely a lot closer than I expected when I had initially decided to get the EB. I'm pretty sure the software is the same. Which, I am looking forward to finally having Apple Carplay/Android Auto in my Mustang. I've been envious of those that do.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Which, I am looking forward to finally having Apple Carplay/Android Auto in my Mustang. I've been envious of those that do.
you're not missing anything. Sync interfacing to Android is buggy as hell. And slow. Just run Android Auto as an app on your phone.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
EB is lighter in the nose and it's pretty obvious. Yes, it's still silly but some of us like nuance. I didn't save a brass farthing on insurance though.
The lighter nose was a big reason I considered an EcoBoost.
I'm also agreeing with the OPs decision that he doesn't need to have an EcoBoost and a GT at the same time. It doesn't sound like a night-and-day difference in handling or feel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XFactor7889

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
you're not missing anything. Sync interfacing to Android is buggy as hell. And slow. Just run Android Auto as an app on your phone.
Well that's disappointing. But I appreciate the tip!

bonz50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 50th Anniv GT
The lighter nose was a big reason I considered an EcoBoost.
I'm also agreeing with the OPs decision that he doesn't need to have an EcoBoost and a GT at the same time. It doesn't sound like a night-and-day difference in handling or feel.
ecoboost is ~150lbs lighter, presumably all on the front suspension. the reality is that it only changes the weight distribution from 52f/48r on the eco to 53f/47r on the gt

it's not very significant really.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
So purchased my EB back in 2015. Absolutely loved it. Used it as a daily for trouble free 51k miles. When I moved to Myrtle Beach I decided I needed one more Ford V8 in my life. Waited for the Bullitt in 2018 but no auto option so bought my GT/CS in 2019.

Regrets? Yeah should have done it sooner. There is nothing like the sound of a Coyote. Do it and don’t look back. :like:
Like he said....

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
But welcome to the 5.0 club.

Just don't be this clown.

yeesh.jpg

*goes to americanmuscle for the first time*
*adds entire website to cart*
*clicks checkout*
That Monster energy can is a great replacement for the shark fin 😂

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I haven't experienced a buggy interface with Android in either my Mustang or 18 F-150. 🤷‍♂️
Also, is standalone AA even a thing anymore? I thought I read they were doing away with it. I just open Google Maps in my older car.
Sponsored