Sponsored

Ecoboost MPG on new cars

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Just did a 1 and a half hour road trip on the freeway, set cruise at 75 and got 39.1 mpg according to the computer. The highway MPG of this car is amazing. The city MPG is less than spectacular, however -- but that's probably my fault. Edit: Was on 93 octane fuel.
Sponsored

Stevem627

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP AT
Just did a trip to Houston. Set cruise at 83 in area where limit was 75 and got 28 mpg. For regular driving around town with a commute of 17 miles each way with city and highway I get 22 to 25 depending on how much fun I am having.

I have a PP automatic with Ford Racing Sport catback and no tune yet.

I always run 93 octane...my experience was that I got lower mileage with 87 but that was just in my first tank.

Last edited:

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Just did a trip to Houston. Set cruise at 83 in area where limit was 75 and got 28 mpg. For regular driving around town with a commute of 17 miles each way with city and highway I get 22 to 25 depending on how much fun I am having.

I have a PP automatic with Ford Racing Sport catback and no tune yet.
I noticed in my car that 75-ish seems to be the ceiling of maximum fuel efficiency. It drops off quickly when you go north of that. I have a non-PP automatic with the smaller 3.15 gears, though.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
I'm averaging 23 MPG in the city which is where I do most of my driving.

RRStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red I-4 Ecoboost Stang PP
I'm at 3600 miles with average of about 17 mpg city and 27 mpg highway (80 mph). My daily commute is 14 miles to work and I mostly run into stop and go traffic with 35 mph speed limits. I drive an automatic EB PP and I use 91 oct.

Sponsored

T-bone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
EB Premium A/T. 93 octane since new. 1500 miles. Avg 29.7 mpg. 1/3 City 2/3 Hwy. some sport+mode take offs :)

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
810 miles car reads i get 15... last time i actually checked myself it said 17. city driving

7jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco PP Auto, 2001 GT
I think you mean Thermal Energy is produced !
Correct. Power has to have a time element, Higher horsepower means you use the btu's stored in the fuel faster. In these cars more hp used= faster fuel consumption
For higher mpg, you want to use the btu's as slow as you can.:doh:
With the way these cars are setup, the lowest fuel/minute seems to be around 2,000 to 2200 rpm. Which seems to match the best mileage being in the 70-80 mph range

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Removed the Bypass Valve hose and capped off the intake port. MPG's seem to have increased with me driving as normal, likely due to less hot air being fed into the engine on a consistent basis and even my highway driving seems to have picked up a bit according to the insta-MPG meter. I will post up findings after I fill up this week.

Sponsored

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Driving home late one night on streets with 45mph speed limits and only catching a couple of stop lights, I got an astounding 36mpg on my non-PP A/T EcoBoost (with Cobb OTS tune).
IMG_0504.jpg

P51D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2.3L Turbo
I got 7.7 L per 100 km, that's 29.7 mpg. Mixed highway and city. Manual transmission, 3.31 final drive. :headbang::cheers:

Very lay-back driving though, change gear around 2000 rpm. And YES everyone was saying why drive a Mustang like this :doh: go get a hybrid instead. But I just want to see how good mileage the ecoboost can get, and this is very impressive considering the car weights 1600 kg or 3530 pounds.

I also figure since the car is heavy, lifting throttle earlier and just let it cruise with inertia momentum in 5th or 6th will probably save even more gas. I often lift throttle a bit too late and had to brake to merge with traffic. Gotta adjust and save more! :clap2:
Mileage.JPG

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
ASTONISHED

over the last 2000 miles I have put a reasonable amount of effort in reading traffic and adjusting throttle so i'm not wasting gas accelerating and braking. My driving involves a solid 40/60 city/highway mix, and I am still definitely ahead of most traffic. I don't maintain speed above 80mph, typically around 75-80 on the highway. Roxanne hasn't sipped anything but 93 since I got her.

Averaged 24mpg on the first thousand miles and currently above 25mpg on the second...still in total shock haha. Squeezing 350 out of a tank. This is great! best part is I can hoon when I feel like it and im comfortably in the low-mid 20's. Still passing traffic. Still ahead of the crowd.

before all this I was driving with a heavier foot and hovering around 20-21

RoryTate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I got 7.7 L per 100 km, that's 29.7 mpg. Mixed highway and city. Manual transmission, 3.31 final drive. :headbang::cheers:

Very lay-back driving though, change gear around 2000 rpm. And YES everyone was saying why drive a Mustang like this :doh: go get a hybrid instead. But I just want to see how good mileage the ecoboost can get, and this is very impressive considering the car weights 1600 kg or 3530 pounds.

I also figure since the car is heavy, lifting throttle earlier and just let it cruise with inertia momentum in 5th or 6th will probably save even more gas. I often lift throttle a bit too late and had to brake to merge with traffic. Gotta adjust and save more! :clap2:
I'm commuting 60km in each direction, mostly highway in a manual PP EB. Using cruise control at 110 and driving like a grandmother I'm getting as low as 7.5 avg, but the moment I get into traffic or get on the gas it goes to 7.8ish (91 octane, summer gas).

Of course driving with enthusiasm blows those numbers away in a quick hurry, but the smile on my face is worth it. :)
Sponsored