jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
• 19-inch by 9.5-inch aluminum wheels
• 265/40R19 Pirelli Corsa4 tires (summer only)

OR

255/40R19 Summer-Only Tires

Not sure which exactly, depends on MagneRide or High Perf package options.
Gotcha. I know the Pirellis don't get a lot of love, so finding a buyer might be tougher, but if the 255's are Michelins it might be worth it. If you can find out what they are, it might be worth looking around to see what people are selling them for.
Sponsored

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
1. Ask your dealer, they will probably be more than happy to swap, some allseasons for your high performance tires, and if the sale depends on it they will.
Man if I would have thought of that... yes, to OP - never hurts to ask the dealer. If they want the sale bad enough, then...

The Pirelli's in my PP came off within a week of realizing what exactly a "summer tire" was. Yeah.. I'm learnin! But that was a costly lesson. I don't have any room here to store 'em so my tire place robbed me but-good.

OP
OP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
Is this to avoid having the dealer install crappy A/S tires on the car so I can choose me own?

I mean if they are getting good summer only tires (Pirelli or otherwise?) they ought to be OK giving me good Michelin A/S so I don't have to have the hassle of selling and installing new ones?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Also keep in mind that if you were considering a base EB MagneRide requires the 101A package which added an additional $2k over the $2k for the MagneRide. It all adds up.
Yes, Ford packaging gymnastics :D

FWIW, you can start with a Premium EB, stick with the "base" 200A which already has a ton of stuff it, get the Handling package for $2K without an upgrade. However, the total price is still $3K more than a non-Premium EB + 101A, etc.

Premium gets heated and cooled seats, some other neat stuff, guess I'd see how much exactly.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So not sure what the conclusion is?

Let the dealer install A/S tires via agreement with them pre order?
You can do this two ways
1. Take delivery of your car with whatever tires come with them. Buy new tires of you choice, and put the original tires up for sale.
2. Ask your dealer to change the tires to what you want. They all have contacts with local tire shops and, if willing, can make it happen for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
You can do this two ways
1. Take delivery of your car with whatever tires come with them. Buy new tires of you choice, and put the original tires up for sale.
2. Ask your dealer to change the tires to what you want. They all have contacts with local tire shops and, if willing, can make it happen for you.
#2 is my preference off the bat. What's the biggest downside to #2?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
see if your dealer (or one of their tire partners) have a Road Force balancer. By no means mandatory but a 'nice to have'.

It's been my experience that dealers aren't "rational" and will put up a fight over something as simple as a tire swap. Maybe yours is one in a thou. In general they also will refuse to mount any tires you bring - you have to buy them from the Parts department at whatever price they feel like charging. Again, if you can get the sales manager to play ball, more power to you but I wouldn't count on it. Everything is a negotiation so don't be afraid to put it in the itemized "what we owe you" column and don't take any guff.

Both the Michelin and Conti are very credible 'high performance' A/S rubber. If you're not intimately familiar with TireRack's category rankings and reviews, it's worth the time to get educated.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
#2 is my preference off the bat. What's the biggest downside to #2?
The only downside I can see is cost. You need to work that out with the dealer. Depends a lot on the cost of your new tires. The PZero Corsa's on the EBHPP are expensive so they might do an even swap. Then you have the cost of mounting & balancing. As said before try adding this to your deal. If they want the sale bad enough they will work with you.

AGM2018

That isn't bad; I was quoted a final OTD purchase price of $37K, on a $38,545 MSRP for a 20 EB HPP base trim with the 10 Speed automatic, 101A Package, enhanced security package and the handling package. 37K was $700.00 cheaper than Koons Sterling Ford final OTD quote, due to Virginia's ridiculous $799 dealer processing fee.

Sponsored

AGM2018

That isn't bad; I was quoted a final OTD purchase price of $37K, on a $38,545 MSRP for a 20 EB HPP base trim with the 10 Speed automatic, 101A Package, enhanced security package and the handling package. 37K was $700.00 cheaper than Koons Sterling Ford final OTD quote, due to Virginia's ridiculous $799 dealer processing fee.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
37K was $700.00 cheaper than Koons Sterling Ford final OTD quote, due to Virginia's ridiculous $799 dealer processing fee.
just because the dealer came up with that number doesn't mean you shouldn't counter Koons with 36.5K OTD. The fee has nothing to do with Virginia. Each dealer sets their number. It' just that there is no legislative cap on the number, unlike in MD where it's prohibited from being over 300.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
This is at Wynne Ford in Newport News, Va. if I did it correct that pdf is a window sticker, internet pricing for this car is $30,093. There is also a red one w/ 101A pkg and 6 sp man for $31,216.

Attachments

AGM2018

just because the dealer came up with that number doesn't mean you shouldn't counter Koons with 36.5K OTD. The fee has nothing to do with Virginia. Each dealer sets their number. It' just that there is no legislative cap on the number, unlike in MD where it's prohibited from being over 300.
Agreed. I did exactly as you said: I countered with an offer of 36.5K OTD and the salesman at Koons said that that the dealership couldn't (maybe wouldn't?) match the lower price of the competing dealership. Sometimes the Koons Dealerships simply aren't the least expensive on OTD prices.
Sponsored