Sponsored

Ecoboost High Perf. Package and Magneride

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
A couple of quick questions for those more expertly than me...

1) Is it possible to get all season tires somehow with the Ecoboost High Performance Package? Removing them removes the High Performance Package...

2) Does Magneride do anything to increase normal driving condition comfort on poorly paved roads?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
A couple of quick questions for those more expertly than me...

1) Is it possible to get all season tired somehow with the Ecoboost High Performance Package?

2) Does Magneride do anything to increase normal driving condition comfort on poorly paved roads?

Thanks!
I don't know about tire options, but from the little driving I did in a non-magneride car compared to one with magneride, in normal mode, the magenride is more responsive to steering inputs etc, but is also more compliant/comfortable than the normal car. How that translates to jarring bumps over long periods, I'm not sure, but I'd guess you'd prefer the magneride.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I think where there's a factory tire dependency with a package, you're going to have to do something after delivery. In your area, you might think about a second set of wheels and tires, some nice OEM takeoffs for (I'm assuming) snow days.

Magneride is fantastic, it's makes day-to-day a good bit better. Harsh bumps are way more absorbed, small imperfections kind of disappear, and where there's sudden vertical transitions, there's no bounce, it just kind of settles down. The fact my PP car ('19 GT) is better performing __and__ better riding than my previous PP car ('16 GT) is pretty awesome!

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
1. Ask your dealer, they will probably be more than happy to swap, some allseasons for your high performance tires, and if the sale depends on it they will.

2. Already answered by those above. I personally did not want it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
tires are cheap. The EB+PP factory tires are varying shades of crap.
Unless you're going aftermarket suspension anyway, the MR is a strong buy.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
tires are cheap. The EB+PP factory tires are varying shades of crap.
Unless you're going aftermarket suspension anyway, the MR is a strong buy.
Tire can be cheap but not in this case. You are going to need 265/40R19. A set of Michelin PS A/S 3+'s are going to set you back over $1k. Yes, you can probably find something cheaper but than why bother with the EBHPP?

Also keep in mind that if you were considering a base EB MagneRide requires the 101A package which added an additional $2k over the $2k for the MagneRide. It all adds up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
the HP only has 9" rims so 255 width is just fine and commonplace. Driving around in late season/winter you don't need fancy tires. There are lots of $180-220 options and sure by the time you pay for mount and install you're touching a grand. And if you don't have a grand for tires (3% of purchase MSRP), you need help.

You can get a set of 19x8.5 rims for less than $100 each if you're not overly picky about style and color. LMR, and American Muscle, and Velocity Motoring have closeouts and sales.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
the HP only has 9" rims so 255 width is just fine and commonplace. Driving around in late season/winter you don't need fancy tires. There are lots of $180-220 options and sure by the time you pay for mount and install you're touching a grand. And if you don't have a grand for tires (3% of purchase MSRP), you need help.
OP did not indicate that he plans on using these as winter tires. If he is than it would be better, as MaskedRacerX said, to buy a dedicated set on winter tires/rims and not A/S's. If OP wants the A/S's for winter only use he can definitely go 255. If these are full time replacements stay with 265. There must be a reason Ford spec'ed the one up size for the EBHPP.

OP
OP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey gents - I want A/S tires use 24/7/365. Max convenience, good safety, reasonable performance is the goal. Boston snow isn't a huge deal but I'd definitely want A/S tires as even those things cause a bit of a skid on fresh snow.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hey gents - I want A/S tires use 24/7/365. Max convenience, good safety, reasonable performance is the goal. Boston snow isn't a huge deal but I'd definitely want A/S tires as even those things cause a bit of a skid on fresh snow.
"Max convenience, good safety, reasonable performance is the goal"

OK then, that answers that. So $4995.00 for the EBHPP, and $2000.00 for MagneRide. The difference between "OK" tires and the best would be a few hundred dollars. Why would you not buy the best. Sorry, about the "high horse attitude", but hell, these are your tires. Sorry, this is no place for "OK".

By the way, Boston snow isn't a big deal until its a BIG deal. Just sayin' :like:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto DC. When we get that kind of snow, ~nobody is dumb enough to drive a Mustang.

Agreed, if the OP is going to spend 7 large for performance he's not (let's be honest here, on public roads, can't use) then a few hundred dollars between tire choices is a rounding error.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Ditto DC. When we get that kind of snow, ~nobody is dumb enough to drive a Mustang.

Agreed, if the OP is going to spend 7 large for performance he's not (let's be honest here, on public roads, can't use) then a few hundred dollars between tire choices is a rounding error.
So what’s a little snow. This is from 2015.
upload_2019-9-12_14-25-17.jpeg

OP
OP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So not sure what the conclusion is?

Let the dealer install A/S tires via agreement with them pre order?

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
So not sure what the conclusion is?

Let the dealer install A/S tires via agreement with them pre order?
That's an option, but what tires is it going to come with from the factory? If they are good summer tires, it might be worth it to take delivery with them on there, replace them w/ the A/S tire of your choice, and sell the originals.

OP
OP

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's an option, but what tires is it going to come with from the factory? If they are good summer tires, it might be worth it to take delivery with them on there, replace them w/ the A/S tire of your choice, and sell the originals.
• 19-inch by 9.5-inch aluminum wheels
• 265/40R19 Pirelli Corsa4 tires (summer only)

OR

255/40R19 Summer-Only Tires

Not sure which exactly, depends on MagneRide or High Perf package options.
Sponsored