Sponsored

EB to GT

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Welcome to the EB to GT club, of which I am also a member. Enjoy it.
lol it's hilarious to see the ppl who were making comments when we traded stalking the dealerships now and making the same switch (not directed at the OP)

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Honestly this EB has good power.. but what I really want more than anything is the sound.. that glorious modular V8, x pipe, roush axleback deafening roar.. Lol. The extra power is just a nice bonus :D

I also extremely regret getting an auto.. it bores me to death, I desperately want a manual Lol.. even tho I do most of my driving in traffic.. I don't care, I want a manual. I'm actually in the green on my EB, I put down 30% and pay extra towards the principle every month.. also I got the Ford ESP which I plan to cancel since I didn't want it to begin with and I don't plan on keeping this car for 6 years anyway so I'll put that towards the principle too.
Bro I am in the same exact place as you with my V6. Although mine is probably less worse because I have the manual so it actually makes me contempt with it.

BUT I am in much more negative equity than you are I guarantee you that. My V6 was a result of a trade in and I didn’t put a lot down. Last year I attempted a trade in for a base GT manual and I was approved but I could not afford the down to cover the f*ing negative and my monthly payments were going to go up to freaking 700 which was CRAZY. Since I am getting my own place sometime this year I don’t think ill be getting a GT anytime soon at all, I will probably have to wait the entirety of the loan which at the time the s650 will be out.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly bought a new stang because they had the ecoboost model. Not a lot of new cars with turbo rwd option haha. Plus with going to IRS in a sexy body with the creature comforts made it no brainer.

Congrats on the purchase i agree with you the EB in stock form isn't to impressive but theres a lot left on the table. After just spending about 2500 on modificatons the car is totally different beast and im pretty sure much quicker than the stock 5.0s I've driven Plus you can't beat the pull and spool sounds of a turbo, just makes the overall driving experience that much more fun. This is just my opinion plus ive never been a fan of how V8s sound, but im sure im in the minority here and hope you enjoy you're new ride!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
I honestly bought a new stang because they had the ecoboost model. Not a lot of new cars with turbo rwd option haha. Plus with going to IRS in a sexy body with the creature comforts made it no brainer.

Congrats on the purchase i agree with you the EB in stock form isn't to impressive but theres a lot left on the table. After just spending about 2500 on modificatons the car is totally different beast and im pretty sure much quicker than the stock 5.0s I've driven Plus you can't beat the pull and spool sounds of a turbo, just makes the overall driving experience that much more fun. This is just my opinion plus ive never been a fan of how V8s sound, but im sure im in the minority here and hope you enjoy you're new ride!
I cant speak to whether a modded out EB would be quicker than stock GT, but it does seem to respond well to tunes. I was considering an IC and a tune but I don't think that would get you to GT levels, probably need e85 and bigger turbo? For myself the risk in swapping turbos was more than I wanted to take. I would have been nervous about a premature engine death, and didn't want to deal with the notion of paying out of pocket for a brand new engine if there were a catastrophic failure.

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Going to be following your lead. I have appraisals from multiple dealerships and have been trying to also sell my ecoboost myself. So far so good, I'm not upside down so there's no threat there. I've been told by multiple sources that since I've only had the car for 9 months my credit will take a hit since the bank will be covering the load payoff instead of long-term payments. Does anyone have experience with that? I'd be more comfortable waiting and not jeopardizing my credit score
Definitely get appraisals from Carmax, Vroom, and Beepi. The dealerships didn't come close to their numbers.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red

Have you driven the 5.0? I see a lot of EB with tune, bolt-ons that still can't beat a 5.0. There are a few in the fast list running into the 11's but they are pushing hard especially with the tune (E80, race gas, etc).

What mods do you have?

Here's a video of 93 tune + boltons vs stock 5.0's
[ame]

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Bro I am in the same exact place as you with my V6. Although mine is probably less worse because I have the manual so it actually makes me contempt with it.

BUT I am in much more negative equity than you are I guarantee you that. My V6 was a result of a trade in and I didn’t put a lot down. Last year I attempted a trade in for a base GT manual and I was approved but I could not afford the down to cover the f*ing negative and my monthly payments were going to go up to freaking 700 which was CRAZY. Since I am getting my own place sometime this year I don’t think ill be getting a GT anytime soon at all, I will probably have to wait the entirety of the loan which at the time the s650 will be out.
Damn $700? That sucks bro but at least you tried. I was negative as well and just ate it.. I wasn't $700 a month tho that is crazy.

Well, at least you have the manual to have fun with. I kept waiting for the most incentives I can get and saved up a lot for the down. That helped the situation.

I was in your guys shoes once so I know how it felt :(

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I test drove two GTs in the thought of trading in my EB. The first GT was a coupe, did nothing for me... then a vert. Again, nothing much.

That being said, I'll more than likely trade my EB for a GT once the new model year is upon us (when they have the body and engine changes).

I'm praying my car does not have engine trouble before then though... getting a tune is great fun, but a dealer can deny warranty.

I might consider another EB or even V6, if I can get the car with decent power without mods. Outside of that, GT for me...

Love my EB though.. tune rocks... love making those older GTs have bad days. The look on their faces when I say 4 cyl.... Ha, ha.....

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Damn $700? That sucks bro but at least you tried. I was negative as well and just ate it.. I wasn't $700 a month tho that is crazy.

Well, at least you have the manual to have fun with. I kept waiting for the most incentives I can get and saved up a lot for the down. That helped the situation.

I was in your guys shoes once so I know how it felt :(
I was gonna eat it too if i had the $$$...i only had 2500 and they wanted 5000. They were even willing to buy my 6 month old v6 for 20k which was a surprise. Now my car is 1yr3mo old and i dont think dealers would even try to buy my car for 20k at this point. I should get it appraised though, hell its been 8 months since then so im sure the negative has gotten a bit smaller in those 8 months.
Ford should offer discounts for trade ins to higher trims of the same car lol.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
Congratulations! I too have a Ruby Red GT PP, also purchased from Koons!
Sponsored