Sponsored

Anyone gone from 2011+ GT to 2015 EB?

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I'm still on the fence about the EB and my most recent Mustang was a 2011 GT manual with Roush exhaust. It was an absolute beast and sounded like a race car when you got on it. The torque and power was amazing but a little too much drone for a DD. As well as no blue tooth or any creature comforts. It was basically a basic car with all motor. The seats were the worst.
Has anyone here gone from a 2011+ GT with that power and sound to the new EB? How was the comparison of power and torque? I know I would miss that sweet V8 sound with Roush AB's but if there's comparable driving fun, I wouldn't mind a quiet more refined ride with good MPG.
Sponsored

Ponykix

2015 Ecoboost Mustang PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I did. I went from a base 2012 GT that was prepped for Track Days to the 15 Ecoboost Premium with PP as my only options. The pluses are the fuel mileage went from 18mpg in the GT to 25+ in the Ecoboost in mixed driving and the handling and interior is much better in stock form. This is with only 150 miles since I just received the car, so mileage may improve more with break in.

It is not a powerful as the GT obviously, but the handling and creature comforts are greatly improved. The ride is much better than I expected. If you want a soft compliant ride do not get the PP. If you are the type to mod your suspension for better handling then I highly recommend the PP.

Usually I am changing the suspension out the first days I bring a car home. But this car with the PP option for the first time has me thinking of leaving it alone. Time will tell as I get more comfortable with it.

It has enough power for me even coming from a 12 GT but I had a good idea of what to expect and I will likely tune and or mod the Eco in the future.

During my track time with the GT I never felt the need for more power, not that ZR1s, GT500s and TT Porsches we not blowing my doors off down the straightaways, because they were. I found myself looking for better handling and more balance in the turns. This is where I feel the Ecoboost will shine. This is all driver dependent on what type of experience your looking for. You experience and expectations may vary.

Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase. As I get more time behind wheel I will be able to give more precise feedback. Good luck with your decision.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
The EB will be superior in basically every way but sound and pull. Don't get me wrong, it's got the torque to do it, but the ride is so much better now that you don't feel it nearly as much. Compared to the 14 GT I drove, it's amazingly refined. You have to really short shift and stomp it in the EB to feel the engine outpacing the chassis in my mind, at least stock. Fourth gear highway passes and the like. If you're just not paying attention DD around town, it's scary easy to break residential speed limits in the thing. 45 felt like 20 in my WRX.

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
This is an interesting thread. Any more answers to this? I've considered the EB too coming from a 12 GT.

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
The EB will be superior in basically every way but sound and pull. Don't get me wrong, it's got the torque to do it, but the ride is so much better now that you don't feel it nearly as much. Compared to the 14 GT I drove, it's amazingly refined. You have to really short shift and stomp it in the EB to feel the engine outpacing the chassis in my mind, at least stock. Fourth gear highway passes and the like. If you're just not paying attention DD around town, it's scary easy to break residential speed limits in the thing. 45 felt like 20 in my WRX.

+1 on not noticing the speed. I was on the way home yesterday and was cruising at 85 felt more like 55

Sponsored

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
I actually JUST did a video about this on my channel:

I went through my recent list of Mustangs. I'm coming from multiple Coyotes, one which was supercharged, and even a '12 Boss and STILL love my EB the most.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Honestly, it depends on how you approach it. It's not going to be the GT you had, and won't be the same level of power stock. I think the guys above hit it pretty well.

You'll need to drive both and decide.
Sponsored