Sponsored

EB to GT

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
What is holding you back? Do it, that little devil will stay on your shoulder as long as long as you have the EB.

Honestly, the EB when I purchased it wasn't bad and it was exciting. It was all the YouTube videos, forums that made fun of the EB.. Didn't care for the banter but eventually, it just gets to you. Then when a GT drives next to you or by you.. then you think to yourself what if!

I feel for you bro.. I was in the same shoes in the EB just waiting to get out :eek:
Insurance.. $400+ a month for a GT.. no thanks.

I'm holding on to this thing for at least 1, maybe 2 more years.. if a GT still isn't viable by then due to insurance then I'm opting out of Mustangs completely and trading in for a sedan.. but I'm definitely not keeping this EB.
Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Insurance.. $400+ a month for a GT.. no thanks.

I'm holding on to this thing for at least 1, maybe 2 more years.. if a GT still isn't viable by then due to insurance then I'm opting out of Mustangs completely and trading in for a sedan.. but I'm definitely not keeping this EB.
That's ridiculous!! I would not pay $400 a month for insurance :(

Let me ask you this, if it can workout but you had to take a base model GT, would you give up your EB for it?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's ridiculous!! I would not pay $400 a month for insurance :(

Let me ask you this, if it can workout but you had to take a base model GT, would you give up your EB for it?
Hell yeah.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Hell yeah.
Yep, you're def. doing it for the engine and although I got a premium, I wouldn't hesitate one bit if it was a base model.

All I wanted was the 5.0 engine!

Hope you get yours one day and trust me, when I was looking around with the negative equity, getting denied with banks since I dont have the best credit score.. I thought I will never get the GT :(

Have faith and that opportunity WILL COME :)

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, you're def. doing it for the engine and although I got a premium, I wouldn't hesitate one bit if it was a base model.

Hope you get yours one day and trust me, when I was looking around with the negative equity, getting denied with banks since I dont have the best credit score.. I thought I will never get the GT :(

Honestly this EB has good power.. but what I really want more than anything is the sound.. that glorious modular V8, x pipe, roush axleback deafening roar.. Lol. The extra power is just a nice bonus :D

I also extremely regret getting an auto.. it bores me to death, I desperately want a manual Lol.. even tho I do most of my driving in traffic.. I don't care, I want a manual. I'm actually in the green on my EB, I put down 30% and pay extra towards the principle every month.. also I got the Ford ESP which I plan to cancel since I didn't want it to begin with and I don't plan on keeping this car for 6 years anyway so I'll put that towards the principle too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Very smart move and most EB owners who crave for more power probably thought the same.

I too had an EB and when I traded her for a GT.. It felt as if all the rainy days just turned into sunshine! My GT is stock and totally happy with the performance and SOUND.

Now if another GT pulls up next to me at the stoplight, that feeling of infuriation is LONG GONE!!! lol

Congrats, I know you are def. happy as I am :clap2:
Thanks, I agree, I absolutely love the car.
No heat soak issues, no necessity to get an aftermarket intercooler, tune and catch can, no concern about build up of deposits and the possible need to walnut blast in the future, and the engine doesn't fall off a cliff after 5000 rpm. My only concern will be which all season tire to get come winter.

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Honestly this EB has good power.. but what I really want more than anything is the sound.. that glorious modular V8, x pipe, roush axleback deafening roar.. Lol. The extra power is just a nice bonus :D

I also extremely regret getting an auto.. it bores me to death, I desperately want a manual Lol.. even tho I do most of my driving in traffic.. I don't care, I want a manual. I'm actually in the green on my EB, I put down 30% and pay extra towards the principle every month.. also I got the Ford ESP which I plan to cancel since I didn't want it to begin with and I don't plan on keeping this car for 6 years anyway so I'll put that towards the principle too.
For real! I watched I think EVERY SINGLE EXHAUST VIDEO on youtube for the EB.. Just can't the exhaust note on the V8! My service manager (Hardcore Mustang guy) who was cool with me putting an exhaust told me flat out.. "Don't put an exhaust on the EB. Don't waste your time since it doesn't have 8 cylinders firing to get that burble, tone and depth. If you're gonna put an exhaust, get a V8 first and foremost. Exhaust is mainly for sound and no aftermarker exhaust will ever replicate the sound of a V8." I was like damn, no kidding!

Thanks, I agree, I absolutely love the car.
No heat soak issues, no necessity to get an aftermarket intercooler, tune and catch can, no concern about build up of deposits and the possible need to walnut blast in the future, and the engine doesn't fall off a cliff after 5000 rpm. My only concern will be which all season tire to get come winter.
Right? It's like having an EB, you're somewhat pressured to do those to feel adequate! I felt the EXACT thing lol!

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
The salesman at Koons said something about there being an issue with the 2.7 EB's recently, have you guys had issues?
Only issue was a ticking noise. It was a simple repair of just moving a line. Pulls hard (sport mode) even fully loaded on regular unleaded.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP

I mostly wanted the engine myself, I couldn't care less about all the bells and whistles, but that's just me. And yeah, $400 a month for insurance for AR306 is completely nuts. Mine is a lot cheaper, but I'm not exactly in my 20's anymore, either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

G-Rell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Congrats! Pics soon!!!

OP
OP
Jdenkevitz

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Going to be following your lead. I have appraisals from multiple dealerships and have been trying to also sell my ecoboost myself. So far so good, I'm not upside down so there's no threat there. I've been told by multiple sources that since I've only had the car for 9 months my credit will take a hit since the bank will be covering the load payoff instead of long-term payments. Does anyone have experience with that? I'd be more comfortable waiting and not jeopardizing my credit score
Sponsored