Dyna Performance Steering Wheel Install

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Here is the directions for removing the steering wheel, SRS Airbag ETC. "Always make sure you disconnect the battery first"
Sponsored

Attachments

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Here are the pictures if you cannot open word doc

steering 1.png

Steering 2.png

Steering 3.png

Steering 4.png

steering 6.png

steering 7.png

steering 8.png

steering 9.png

steering 10.png

steering 11.png

steering 12.png

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
if I get one shifter flush, the other isnā€™t, which leads me to believe itā€™s warped slightly. Which sucks because the wheel is really nice, and that green with this wrapā€¦ They even helped me find the color!

39993BE3-0EF4-4298-82BF-035BBCE01CE0.jpeg

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
Here is the directions for removing the steering wheel, SRS Airbag ETC. "Always make sure you disconnect the battery first"
Thatā€™s not the problem. Itā€™s the fact that the wheels are slightly warped or something making that process nearly impossible

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s not the problem. Itā€™s the fact that the wheels are slightly warped or something making that process nearly impossible
If your talking about your paddle shifters, they are tight due to the extra fabric, leather these custom steering wheel people use. Mine were tight, but did fit in the grooves and are flush. Mine is Neith Performance. Good luck

Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Found this thread as i was just about to make the mistake you did but hesitated and looked it up online thank God for this forum.

Chinese J U N K - figures and I'm sure the company is running from you - or better yet charging a 50% restocking fee like Anchor Graphics which BTW you need to run from as well I will be doing a write up on my experience with them shortly ...

OP
OP

aacsaplar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arden
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Found this thread as i was just about to make the mistake you did but hesitated and looked it up online thank God for this forum.

Chinese J U N K - figures and I'm sure the company is running from you - or better yet charging a 50% restocking fee like Anchor Graphics which BTW you need to run from as well I will be doing a write up on my experience with them shortly ...
Yup! You dodged a bullet! Glad I could help people not make the same, expensive mistake I did.

A little update for everyone: after months of pestering the company and finally threatening to report them to BBB, the actual manufacturer sent me an email. They stated that they will make a new wheel for me and test it to make sure it fits, however, I need to send the original wheel back... to China. They offered to refund me the shipping costs (over $400), however I am hesitant, especially considering the wheel cost me $800 (I had a discount). They also stated that they cannot provide me with instructions for the heated function. This is a huge problem as the wires are incorrectly colored and not labelled (mechanic I took it to said that it was too risky to attempt an install). I'm honestly probably gonna trash the wheel considering the amount of money already lost.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Yup! You dodged a bullet! Glad I could help people not make the same, expensive mistake I did.

A little update for everyone: after months of pestering the company and finally threatening to report them to BBB, the actual manufacturer sent me an email. They stated that they will make a new wheel for me and test it to make sure it fits, however, I need to send the original wheel back... to China. They offered to refund me the shipping costs (over $400), however I am hesitant, especially considering the wheel cost me $800 (I had a discount). They also stated that they cannot provide me with instructions for the heated function. This is a huge problem as the wires are incorrectly colored and not labelled (mechanic I took it to said that it was too risky to attempt an install). I'm honestly probably gonna trash the wheel considering the amount of money already lost.
I would trash it and take my loss and not buy China made stuff anymore, which buy the way is hard to do. Good Luck. Sorry for your problems.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
God I just hate what Greedy big business has done to us - selling us out to those slopes, now they have a grip around our balls and are strangling our manhood, ouch .... šŸ˜” šŸ˜” šŸ˜”

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Dyna rebrands items and up-charges. I see the same items on Ebay for less.

Just FYI, a good upholstery shop can turn your perfect-fitting OEM wheel into a piece of art. Keep your heating option too. I had mine done, though no carbon fiber, for a bit over $200. Love it.

ā€” Mike
Sponsored