Sponsored

dumb question....

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I haven't changed spark plugs since I had a civic.... Anyone care to help me out?
Sponsored

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I haven't changed spark plugs since I had a civic.... Anyone care to help me out?
Not dumb:thumbsup: it's basically the same there are 2 10mm bolts & 2 8mm nuts that have to be removed to gain access to the coils once there remove bolts holding the coils, there are two plastic tabs on coils 1 & 4 that have to be moved to gain access to the bolts. Once the coils are removed it's pretty straight forward..if your replacing them for a colder plug make sure you gap them at .028

Last edited:
OP
OP

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I have gapped them and am waiting to put them in...

OP
OP

EricRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
thanks dude

Sponsored

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
I just picked up my EB
I'll gladly start putting together short videos or pics of installs

everyone starts somewhere when wrenching on a new car and a lot of guys get nervous about tearing into a brand new vehicle

no dumb questions or requests IMO
that's what forums are for

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I just picked up my EB

everyone starts somewhere when wrenching on a new car and a lot of guys get nervous about tearing into a brand new vehicle

X2:headbang:

SloS14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Don't overtighten.
Start threads by hand.
Personally, I use a dab of anti-sieze.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
X3 :headbang:

Don't overtighten.
Start threads by hand.
Personally, I use a dab of anti-sieze.
That's the same thing I do. I lightly dab a small amount of anti-seize on them, hand tighten them, and then give another 1/8th of a turn with a wrench.

EricRN, if it would help you and if you aren't planning on doing it today before this afternoon, then I could take some pics and write up a how-to this afternoon after I get home from work (around 6'ish). It wouldn't take me long at all to get it fixed up, so I wouldn't mind.

Sponsored

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Just fyi :Using anti-seize on spark plugs will do the following:
Alters the tightening torque by up to 20% which may cause over-tightening (or breaking the spark bolt)
Reduces electrical ground contact if the anti-seize is non-conductive or semi-conductive (reduced spark possible)
Isolates more heat into the spark plug therefore causing the plug to increase the heat range above specification (can cause detonation/pre-ignition)

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
With the older style plugs that was always a common practice but now the material that they use for spark plugs anti seize isn't needed

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I just picked up my EB

What he said, I installed everything myself except my springs. I learned to take the installation time they have on the website and times it by 4. It took me 6 hours to remove my bumper and install my intercooler...doing it over again I could easily do it in an hour. The best part of these forums in my opinion is reading about other peoples installations and learning from their experiences.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
What he said, I installed everything myself except my springs. I learned to take the installation time they have on the website and times it by 4. It took me 6 hours to remove my bumper and install my intercooler...doing it over again I could easily do it in an hour. The best part of these forums in my opinion is reading about other peoples installations and learning from their experiences.
Yeah besides some of the egos that turn this :ford:forum to a pissing contest:lol:

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah besides some of the egos that turn this :ford:forum to a pissing contest:lol:
Yeah it is crazy, I always look forward to seeing other peoples rides and learning stuff. I don't understand why there is so much divide sometimes between fellow Mustang owners. There is always someone with a faster ride out there 5.0, EB, V6 or whatever.
Sponsored