Driver headlight stuck on

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
So i have an odd issue i just noticed today. My drivers side low beam headlight just stays on regardless of where my switch is. If i turn the lights on, both lights come on, but the drivers side will not turn off until the vehicle is off. Any one encounter this before?
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Never heard of that one (until now).

Most of the exterior light issues on here are related to the rear tails. Usually with those you can do a reset by unplugging the battery and let it sit for 10 minutes. If that didn't resolve the issue then it was related to a bad BCM or the internal board to the taillight - at that point, a replacement was necessary of either the BCM or the taillight.

Try disconnecting the battery and let it sit and see if that perhaps does a "reset" for the headlight issue. While the battery is disconnected, pull the connector off the rear of the headlight assembly and reconnect, making sure that the connector is not loose and is secure.

Also check any nearby harnesses or ground wires near the headlight and make sure they are 100% secured and there's no damages to them.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Alright I’ll give that a try. I did pull the battery off for a minute but I’ll try 10 minutes. Oddly enough, i also noticed the light switch works fine without the power on. It’s only when I turn the car on that the left headlight comes in regardless of the position. I’ll try a reset today and check the wiring.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Update: disconnected the battery over night. Checked the harness and all nearby grounds. No sign of any issues. Reconnected battery and the problem still exists. I am thinking there must be a relay malfunctioning that is stuck closed with power applied. I’ll follow up after I get the issue sorted out.

OP
OP

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Welp problem went away, came back, and now bulb is out. I wonder if it’s the ballast.
Sponsored