Sponsored

Drive mode vs Exhaust mode error?

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
This evening, I was exploring the various modes of the car (154.6 miles on the odo.) I used the mode switch to toggle between slippery, normal, and sport (did not enter the other modes). I was able to switch the exhaust modes with the exhaust mode switch. However, after maybe the third switch (say from normal, to slippery, to sport) I was unable to change the exhaust mode via the exhaust switch. It would switch up physically, but the exhaust mode notification would not appear on the instrument panel and there was no discernible difference in exhaust note. I tried changing through the cobra button as well, which it would allow me to do, but again, no change in exhaust mode. I tried again several minutes later, and the switch worked both physically, the digital information changed, and the exhaust note changed. Is this the "freezing" people have spoken of with the S550s? I thought normally they would receive a notice that the exhaust was "unavailable" or something similar.
Sponsored

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
This evening, I was exploring the various modes of the car (154.6 miles on the odo.) I used the mode switch to toggle between slippery, normal, and sport (did not enter the other modes). I was able to switch the exhaust modes with the exhaust mode switch. However, after maybe the third switch (say from normal, to slippery, to sport) I was unable to change the exhaust mode via the exhaust switch. It would switch up physically, but the exhaust mode notification would not appear on the instrument panel and there was no discernible difference in exhaust note. I tried changing through the cobra button as well, which it would allow me to do, but again, no change in exhaust mode. I tried again several minutes later, and the switch worked both physically, the digital information changed, and the exhaust note changed. Is this the "freezing" people have spoken of with the S550s? I thought normally they would receive a notice that the exhaust was "unavailable" or something similar.
That does seem a little odd. When I had an issue with my exhaust valves sticking on the GT350, it would say "drive modes unavailable" and "exhaust selection unavailable" and I couldn't switch either unless I shut the car off and turned it back on. Maybe there's a failsafe to keep the valves from cycling too many times in a short period of time as to not put unnecessary strain on the actuator?