Drive mode and steering mode question

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I am only able to change the steering mode from comfort to sport,etc. when the drive mode is in comfort mode. When I’m in Sport+ or track mode, the steering mode cannot be changed. Is this normal?
Sponsored

alpha_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
I am only able to change the steering mode from comfort to sport,etc. when the drive mode is in comfort mode. When I’m in Sport+ or track mode, the steering mode cannot be changed. Is this normal?
From what I remember, I was able to change my steering mode at anytime in any mode because I always drive in Sport+ or Track mode with my steering in Normal mode.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My understanding is those without MagneRide can mix and match drive and steering modes, but for some reason springing for that option means you're locked into certain steering modes most of the time. AFAIK I can only change the steering mode when my drive mode is in Normal. (Which it never is so my steering mode switch is essentially worthless. Grr.)

Steering Modes with Adaptive Dampers.png

I like that the drive mode switch automatically sets the steering and Active Exhaust to modes that in a sense match it. Very convenient, since I didn't want the 401A package and therefore don't have the "pony button" and MyMode. But I don't understand why for example in Sport+ I can override the exhaust mode it set but not the steering mode it set.

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Yes, it is very annoying because I like sport+ mode generally, but feel that the steering becomes too artificially heavy. I wish there was a way to decouble this in the code and allow the steering mode to be changed.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I drive is sport+ but my steering mode is comfort.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm pretty sure my Magneride car allows me to put the car in Sport+ or Track, and the steering in comfort.

Gimme a sec, I'll go check......

Aaaaaand.......no. Put the car in Track, and the steering is not adjustable.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It is a Magneride thing. Cars without it can mix any steering mode to any drive mode.

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
...there are are some interesting responses.

I have a 2018 eco PP with 101A (toggles & track apps) optioned with Magneride. I currently have MyMode set to Track + Comfort steering and I've always been able to mix and match driving and steering options.

OP what package do you have? You may not be able to do that with the base trim options.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I was unaware of this, not bothered by it but curious ... going to go flip some switches :D
Well, no shit.

Yeah, so my '19 GT/PP/401A/MagRide car does disable the Steering Mode selection on any mode other than Standard (i.e., Sport+, Track, Drag even Ice/Snow). I mean, it rarely leaves sport for me, even when I'm standard mode, about the only time is like a longer-ish highway drive, when I'm running in standard mode anyway (for the softer suspension) and I flip it comfort to loosen up the steering input.

I'd say I'm about 75% Sport+ / 25% Standard overall mode, with 95% Sport steering, and 75% sport exhaust (automatically selected in Sport+ mode), with 25% being Track mode for the exhaust. Looking forward to getting my H pipe installed, since I think I'll run in sport exhaust mode most of the time (and avoid that extra toggle / confirmation gyration)

Sponsored
OP
OP

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Thank you for all the great info. It seems to be working as intended. I guess we can only have full reign of mode options with comfort mode if we have MagneRide.

MagneRide is great but adds limitations like with these modes and with no lowering springs.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Thank you for all the great info. It seems to be working as intended. I guess we can only have full reign of mode options with comfort mode if we have MagneRide.

MagneRide is great but adds limitations like with these modes and with no lowering springs.
I would rather have it than not, but there are some benefits to not having it. I work from home, and bitch about it all the time because you go a little stir crazy when you spend 90% of your time within the same 60 foot radius. Also, you never see people. BUT, I would throw a fit if they made me come into the office :)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can it still be programmed in mymode on a MR car ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Can it still be programmed in mymode on a MR car ?

Cheers,

WD :like:
I don't think so, because we can't tune suspension independently.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I drive is sport+ but my steering mode is comfort.
Yeah...I have a 19 GT with the 401a and always keep mine in comfort no matter the drive mode. Feels so much better. I love the shift feel in sport plus but usually drive it in normal mode
Sponsored