FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Next Wednesday night I'll be going to the drag strip for the first time. My car is 2017 GT PP with Roush Phase 2, Gforce axles and Nitto nt555R2 drag radials plus steeda subframe braces and vertical links. I'm not going to use launch control or the water box. I'm just planning on taking it slow and learning as I go. Any tips are appreciated.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Drive right past the gates and head for your nearest road course. :cwl: :cwl:

Have fun though, don't crash. Maybe un-plug the plug so TC/SC doesn't interfere.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Play with tire pressures and even after going around the water box do a small burnout to get any water you may have accidently gone through off. Just have fun, its not always about the numbers. Its about the small improvements you can make with each pass. Make sure to cool that Roush blower off a good amount between passes and don't sit in the staging lanes with the car running. Keep it as cool as possible until you are ready to make a pass. Your IAT2's will be super high at the start of your pass, but will go down giving more power as you go down the track. The lowest IAT2 temp at the starting line will give you the best results with your setup.

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Play with tire pressures and even after going around the water box do a small burnout to get any water you may have accidently gone through off. Just have fun, its not always about the numbers. Its about the small improvements you can make with each pass. Make sure to cool that Roush blower off a good amount between passes and don't sit in the staging lanes with the car running. Keep it as cool as possible until you are ready to make a pass. Your IAT2's will be super high at the start of your pass, but will go down giving more power as you go down the track. The lowest IAT2 temp at the starting line will give you the best results with your setup.
Thanks much.

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Run the air conditioner as you go down the return road. Condenser fan will help reduce CHT. Turn Off AC as soon as you stop in pits, raise hood try to face car into wind but not into sun.
Have Fun

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
lol, i just noticed your in my town. Feel free to shoot me a DM anytime. Maybe we can plan a trip out to World Wide together in the future.

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol, i just noticed your in my town. Feel free to shoot me a DM anytime. Maybe we can plan a trip out to World Wide together in the future.
Sounds like a plan. What do you suggest regarding traction control? Track mode and hold the switch?

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Its one of those things to play around with for traction control. My last 18 that was e85/bolts ons ran a pretty consistent mid 11 time with holding the traction control button for 10 seconds or disconnecting the dyno plug under the hood which kills all the nannies. I would start with trying track mode then leaving it normal and holding the traction button down to 10 sec or so. Its one of those things to experiment with and see what works best for your setup. I wouldn't remove the dyno plug until you are 100% comfortable with the car at the track. You don't want to be a cars and coffee bro.... lol Have a great time and keep us posted on how you do.

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its one of those things to play around with for traction control. My last 18 that was e85/bolts ons ran a pretty consistent mid 11 time with holding the traction control button for 10 seconds or disconnecting the dyno plug under the hood which kills all the nannies. I would start with trying track mode then leaving it normal and holding the traction button down to 10 sec or so. Its one of those things to experiment with and see what works best for your setup. I wouldn't remove the dyno plug until you are 100% comfortable with the car at the track. You don't want to be a cars and coffee bro.... lol Have a great time and keep us posted on how you do.
I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be 95 next Wednesday so I might postpone until the next open Wednesday. Thanks for the tips.
Sponsored