Sponsored

Door Sill Plate question for the gurus

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Hey all and Merry Christmas,

Question for you. This was instigated by a member off one of the Facebook groups, and I thought it was pretty interesting. He ordered some 15/16 350 sill plates from an OEM parts dealer that have the GT350 blurb on them (as pictured below), and when they arrived, instead of having Ford Performance written under the engine description, they said Special Vehicle Team (see picture).

I did some googling and I have actually found some other pictures of OEM sill plates saying Special Vehicle Team for sale from OE vendors, but have never seen one on a 15/16 production 350, which all seem to say Ford Performance under the engine description.

In my head I was thinking that perhaps they had a batch made up early on in pre-production in 2014 or earlier before SVT became one with FP. Now we are seeing some of these plates making their way out of the spare parts and no one is really noticing. Interesting that it's the same part number between the two also.

Any other inputs?

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.09.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.09.57 PM.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey all and Merry Christmas,

Question for you. This was instigated by a member off one of the Facebook groups, and I thought it was pretty interesting. He ordered some 15/16 350 sill plates from an OEM parts dealer that have the GT350 blurb on them (as pictured below), and when they arrived, instead of having Ford Performance written under the engine description, they said Special Vehicle Team (see picture).

I did some googling and I have actually found some other pictures of OEM sill plates saying Special Vehicle Team for sale from OE vendors, but have never seen one on a 15/16 production 350, which all seem to say Ford Performance under the engine description.

In my head I was thinking that perhaps they had a batch made up early on in pre-production in 2014 or earlier before SVT became one with FP. Now we are seeing some of these plates making their way out of the spare parts and no one is really noticing. Interesting that it's the same part number between the two also.

Any other inputs?

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.09.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.09.57 PM.png
There are only two types. The ones you have in the picture up top, which are MY15/16 and Ford Performance, which are from 17+. There were no SVT versions for MY15-20. The bottom version are knock offs.

Edit: Looks like the knock-offs have become a thing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-2020-...V2b&brand=Ford&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Reactions: dps
OP
OP
huskeee

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
That's what I thought initially, but these are coming from Ford OEM parts dealers. The person I mentioned ordered from Tasca Parts. I then got in contact with a workshop near me (in Australia) who imports OEM FP parts such as the OE seat delete, spoilers etc. He imported a bunch of older sill plates from Ford, and guess what, they have Special Vehicle Team on them.
https://www.herrodperformance.com.au/2015-2020-mustang-gt350-sill-plate-set/

I just don't see how knock offs are coming from Ford.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's what I thought initially, but these are coming from Ford OEM parts dealers. The person I mentioned ordered from Tasca Parts. I then got in contact with a workshop near me (in Australia) who imports OEM FP parts such as the OE seat delete, spoilers etc. He imported a bunch of older sill plates from Ford, and guess what, they have Special Vehicle Team on them.
https://www.herrodperformance.com.au/2015-2020-mustang-gt350-sill-plate-set/

I just don't see how knock offs are coming from Ford.
The E-bay one says OEM parts dealer as well. They are fake. Check with Ford Perfomance or an actual Ford Parts store, like White Bear Lake.

OP
OP
huskeee

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Tasca Parts is an oem parts dealer, and Herrod who I mentioned only deals with Ford USA as they are a Ford Australia partner and build limited edition mustangs here in partnership with Ford.

I guess an issue with OEM Ford parts dealers is that you won't really know unless you order them, as all the pictures are of the original ones on all the websites. Tasca parts has the original pictured but sent out the SVT one, as it is the same part number.

Anyway, you seem pretty confident they are fake, so I guess I'm just wondering how they made their way into the system.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That would be a good question for Tasca and FP. It is unlikely that Ford would release an error, but nothing's impossible. They may have produced them, never used them because they were a mistake and released them now. Possible.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think these are early production door sills, prob left over from a vendor/supplier

You have to remember in 2015 there still was SVT, but Ford was trying to consolidate all its global performance divisions under one umbrella - Ford Performance.

I do not think these are fake in any way.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I think these are early production door sills, prob left over from a vendor/supplier

You have to remember in 2015 there still was SVT, but Ford was trying to consolidate all its global performance divisions under one umbrella - Ford Performance.

I do not think these are fake in any way.
I agree that they are possible early production, but not necessarily leftovers. If Ford made them, they were never used in any of the 2015/2016 GT350s. So, they cannot be considered OEM. That being the case, it would seem they would be considered a mistake and disposed of. Otherwise, if they were in fact made by Ford (SVT or FP) they can be considered a novelty.

screamingsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GTPP, '99 CDW162 SVT Contour, '04 SN95 V6
Resurrecting an old thread but wanted to set the record straight on these: they were on (at the least) TT build GT350s. Those builds also had an SVT logo on the strut tower brace. This was right on the cusp of the Ford Performance rebrand; branding changed and that stuff was supposed to not see the light of day, once the cars hit PP or MP1.

Some of those SVT-branded cars were repurposed and still running around Dearborn in 2020 as GT500 mules or for other purposes. I was working there at that time.

Would guess this was a batch of pre-production parts that made it out into the service parts stockpile somehow. Definitely a cool item. Wish the strut braces made it out, too.

Last edited:

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Bought mine in Aug of 2021 from Blueoval industries and they say Ford performance.

430B0C76-615C-492E-BD5A-D24E2A882B50.png

Sponsored

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Bought mine in Aug of 2021 from Blueoval industries and they say Ford performance.

430B0C76-615C-492E-BD5A-D24E2A882B50.png
And their site now shows for the oem part, special vehicles team with an (x2) at end of ford part number….hmmm….going to check my box for part numbers and see if it’s the same or not

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
And their site now shows for the oem part, special vehicles team with an (x2) at end of ford part number….hmmm….going to check my box for part numbers and see if it’s the same or not
Sure enough my ford box says x1
33176373-2E89-4968-BC8A-D4AEBF53DE73.jpeg

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Question is: Why did Ford change them after 2016 to the less attractive "Ford Performance" version? I've always thought Ford wanted to segregate the original production GT350 from the rest.

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Actually I think Ford Performance were the 1st ones (x 1) and came on 2015/16 GT350s. The Special Vehicle Team were later (x 2)...speaking to the specific part number/sill plate with engine info. My 2018 came with just “ford performance“ sill plates, no engine info or GT350, like on the strut tower brace and are the same as the ford performance accessory sill plates. I thought the question was, “why are there 2 different sill plates with engine info?”, which is what I provide the 2 different part numbers for.
Sponsored