Sponsored

Don't destroy your R Wheels.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Considering these wheels cost $15k 2yrs ago..... yeah you will be able to.

Realistically the price on these wheels will be around $6-8k retail. This $30k piece of garbage is either fake or a dealer just trying to get attention. "hmmm how do we get every Ford owners attention?? Let's post something completely insane".

You guys need to go do your homework on Carbon Revolution. They have figured out how to mass produce CF wheels and are looking to produce 50,000 sets in 2016 and expand to making wheels for transport vehicles such as Fedex/UPS etc who would see a HUGE cost savings from higher MPG. But this cost savings only happens if the wheels are cost effective, and at $30k they wouldn't be. Not even at $15k.

$15k was the starting price for guys who had plenty of money to blow. It was the price for the early adopters, which is how it works with any new tech, early guys take a huge price hit to have it, then the price plummets so that everyone else can buy it.

Ford is probably spending around $4-5k on the wheels, and will mark them up to around $6-8k.

Anyone who actually believed that $30k thing needs their head checked.
Setting the MSRP at $30,000 isn't out of line. That would put the dealer cost at about $15,000. Ford has to pay for people's retirements and so does the OEM supplier. A good contrast: Some ultra light aftermarket aluminum wheels cost $2500 - $4000 each.
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
slightly OT but this would be enjoyable considering the topic. Insert your substrate piece and it will weave the CF around it. Great for making complex shapes and is a huge time saver compared to laying the CF by hand.

[ame]

[ame]

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Official price from SVTparts is ~10k a set

19x11 +24 F/19x11.5 +56 Rear

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Got a link?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
WHEEL ASY
Part #: FR3Z1007S
Pack Qty: 1 Shippable 0 $3,433.33 $2,266.00
Update
Remove
$4,532.00
WHEEL ASY
Part #: FR3Z1007R
Pack Qty: 1 Shippable 0 $4,053.33 $2,675.20
Update
Remove
$5,350.40

Apply

Parts Subtotal: $9,882.40
Total: $9,882.40

Gotta go through autonation ford white bear lake (formerly tousley ford)

Sponsored

jmimac351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Here is a picture of the cutaway wheel at the Track Tour event.

i-mLhXv7p-L.jpg

i-mHhcC5h-L.jpg

i-sGj9cPD-L.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Anyone else see the thread with different color versions of the R wheel?

The white and matte black versions look pretty cool too.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I was looking at getting Forgeline wheels, but this is pretty tempting.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lucky for you, not to have to worry about price, as you cancelled your
order :)
Well, I read the 1/4 miles were actually with a vbox and not a real time slip. Online calculators estimate it will be a 11.9 or better car, so will hold off canceling for now :lol:

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well, I read the 1/4 miles were actually with a vbox and not a real time slip. Online calculators estimate it will be a 11.9 or better car, so will hold off canceling for now :lol:
Reality is times will be much different on many factors.
First and foremost the driver. Air temps, tack conditions, elevation.
The list goes on. If you wanna be in front, your badge should say GT350 :)
Add a turn, multiply distance between cars :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone else see the thread with different color versions of the R wheel?
No but I noticed there are a bunch of aftermarket wheels coming out that look like R wheels. Thanks for posting. The matte finish ones look really good. I wouldn't expect the finish to hold up well, but for a garage queen they might work.

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
No but I noticed there are a bunch of aftermarket wheels coming out that look like R wheels. Thanks for posting. The matte finish ones look really good. I wouldn't expect the finish to hold up well, but for a garage queen they might work.
Got any links?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Got any links?
Sorry no - I've just noticed them in various car mags. I wasn't planning to buy them but it made me smile thinking that people are going to try to make their cars look like GT350Rs. I don't think the CF wheels on the R are especially good looking. I'd love to have them for performance, though.

Buying an aluminum knock-off of the GT350 R wheels is the worst of all worlds IMO. Worse performance due to weight, plus the looks aren't as good. I know looks are subjective, but the only reason I see to buy the knock-offs have to do with appearance over function. Nothing wrong with that, just not my thing.

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Sorry no - I've just noticed them in various car mags. I wasn't planning to buy them but it made me smile thinking that people are going to try to make their cars look like GT350Rs. I don't think the CF wheels on the R are especially good looking. I'd love to have them for performance, though.

Buying an aluminum knock-off of the GT350 R wheels is the worst of all worlds IMO. Worse performance due to weight, plus the looks aren't as good. I know looks are subjective, but the only reason I see to buy the knock-offs have to do with appearance over function. Nothing wrong with that, just not my thing.
These would be track wheels replacing the stock GT350 wheels not the CF ones. If they are 5-7 lbs lighter each than the stock wheels that's a win.
Sponsored