Dog Rides in Back

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
My great dane rode in the back of my last 03 Terminator all the time. The dog hair on the suede was a bit of a bother but it cleaned up ok. Now I have 2 pipsqueak chihuahuas and they leave even more hair on the damn suede in the 16. Go figure.
Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i'll ride with my dogs on any car... i don't give a fuk. They have been in orlando, tampa, atlanta, etc.

My lab loves convertible rides with the top down.

i had a cocker spaniel that lived with me in 3 different countries, so yeah, I'll take my dogs everywhere. Leather seats are easy to clean.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I found out pretty early on that my lab gets car sick when he's in the back but seems to enjoy himself in the front. I started going places with him in the front if I can and if he has to go in the back I usually go late in the day or give him a reduced breakfast so he doesn't puke.
I've had no problems with him once I started following those two rules.
image000000.jpg
image000001.jpg
image000002.jpg

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I have put some paint protection film on the inside of the car where my dog often puts her paws both while entering and when in the car. On some locations I have put the PPF on permanently, while on others I have taped on some small velcro so I can temporarily attach some unsightly, but solid, canvas material for longer trips (on the canvas material, I have of course taped on the "opposite side" of the velcro.) The PPF is quite visible in some places (e.g., on the arm rest, passenger side), but it's not too bad. I've also put it on the lower inside door frame where she will typically enter and possibly scratch up the paint.

For PPF, a member on this forum found this, which while thinner than the 3M stuff I originally bought, is much cheaper and I think it would hold up too: https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-Clear-Paint-Protection-48-inches/dp/B004VG88MQ

I'm thinking it will be easy enough to take off the door frames without damaging the paint or anything else (as that's what this stuff is for), while I'm only hoping the same will be the case for the inside vinyl/plastic/fake leather/real leather. Will find out if/when the dog finally scratches through the PPF.

Most of the protection comes from this seat cover though: https://www.amazon.com/Meadowlark-Protection-Protector-Waterproof-Headrest/dp/B07CKJJ332

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Here’s my German Sheppard

1B3BCD5F-CFAF-4B91-878F-F223A01B07E7.jpeg

B8409E2E-B8D9-4079-B0FC-0DDF9512B438.jpeg

Torino500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 GT
My 100lb Greyhound was not happy about getting in back of my 2014 Mustang. I tried leveling the cushions and covering everything but when he got in everything slipped off the leather. He ended up scratching the leather, scratching the paint on the door sill and the illuminated door sill. When he finally got in he couldn't stand up, which is what he had to do because he couldn't lay down on all the coverings wadded up on the back seat. The whole process was very traumatizing for both of us.

I ended up picking him up into my standard cab F-150 if we had to go for a ride.

I look at my 2020 now and I don't see any big dog getting back there.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
my 90lb husky/shep mix used to ride with me. i just put the seat backs down or put one of those pet covers over the back seats. ive also played with the idea of cutting out some wood or something and just removing the seat bottom to make a flat seat section and give her an easier time. in the end we got a second dog so they both stay home now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Trap

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
The Mustang is my daily and my 60 lb boxer goes to work with me everyday. Bought a rear seat delete and trimmed a dog bed to fit on the platform. This was right before the dog bed.

IMG_20200810_191948.jpg
That might be the perfect idea, will have to look into this.

Thanks

Heggs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
That might be the perfect idea, will have to look into this.

Thanks
Sure thing. Bought the delete directly through CM Components, he can make them with a light wood for use with dogs. The typical material is a thin plastic I believe. Wasn't much more for wood. Honestly, it really wouldn't be difficult to make it yourself if you wanted to save $100+. I just didn't feel like messing with it and needed it sooner than later.

OP
OP
Trap

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Sure thing. Bought the delete directly through CM Components, he can make them with a light wood for use with dogs. The typical material is a thin plastic I believe. Wasn't much more for wood. Honestly, it really wouldn't be difficult to make it yourself if you wanted to save $100+. I just didn't feel like messing with it and needed it sooner than later.
Thanks