Votes: 22 12.0%

• Total voters

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Well put.

Doesn't offend me other than it's not original. Maybe the DMV rejected it simply because it's lame? :shrug:

I do hear horse meat is quite tasty.
:cheers: :clap2:
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
My plate "F POGS" actually means FUCK POGS, but I just explained to them in the description that it stood for fire pogs as in the little paper coin game we use to play when we were little
Lot of hostility here...

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
I voted no, because it doesn't offend me and I know what it means. However I could see where people that didn't know could get offended, I've seen people get offended over less. :crazy:

bmfa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Cammo 2015 GT
My plate "F POGS" actually means FUCK POGS, but I just explained to them in the description that it stood for fire pogs as in the little paper coin game we use to play when we were little
Very creative.... most wouldn't understand "pogs" but i did.... And I can't like this enough.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
I guess I'll just have to ask... what does Murder Pony mean?

Anyways, it doesn't offend me, but I could see how the licensing body might be reluctant to grant something that appears to glorify murder. ?

If anything, to me, it seems juvenile and more than a little poseur'ish - but then, I don't really understand what it's supposed to mean.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MurderPony

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
I guess I'll just have to ask... what does Murder Pony mean?

Anyways, it doesn't offend me, but I could see how the licensing body might be reluctant to grant something that appears to glorify murder. ?

If anything, to me, it seems juvenile and more than a little poseur'ish - but then, I don't really understand what it's supposed to mean.
Murdered Out is a reference to vehicles or motorcycles that are all blacked out. Very common pop culture term used by car guys. Also became popular with a TV show that features a Nova called Murder Nova.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Murdered Out is a reference to vehicles or motorcycles that are all blacked out. Very common pop culture term used by car guys. Also became popular with a TV show that features a Nova called Murder Nova.
OIC, well I guess that demonstrates the extent of my cultural knowledge, even though I have a bone stock murdered out Mustang GT/PP and had been wanting Honda to do the same for some 20 years LOL (I was always like, what's with all the chrome, Honda? That's so old school.)

That being the context, no, I don't find the plate offensive in the least. Nor does it seem poseur'ish.

But I could certainly see how an ignorant individual (such as myself 5 minutes ago) could misinterpret it - and thus the apparent dilemma with the licensing body.

Good luck with it man. Perhaps the explanation will help.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They must not look too hard here in Florida. I took a pic of a purple Bentley with a pretty blonde driving..license plate = HOT BVR.

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Meaning aside, I think it's a terrible custom plate.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
I'm the member who applied for 1337 PNY vanity plate, got denied and eventually won my appeal..... I agree with everybody here that CA is a joke, and MRDR PNY does not offend me. In your appeal letter, just make up a different meaning than your original one.

When I initially applied for my plate back in November of last year, for the meaning, I put "leet pony" and I think that doomed my chances :(. When I wrote the appeal letter, I just mentioned that my car is a special limited anniversary edition, and I showed a picture of my special dash plaque. I think I might have a number of a manager of the DMV, so if you need it, PM me

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I would like
I H8 8MW5,
Would you find that offensive?

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
They must not look too hard here in Florida. I took a pic of a purple Bentley with a pretty blonde driving..license plate = HOT BVR.
Hot Bavarian?
:ninja::p

OP
OP
MurderPony

MurderPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP, Black on Black on Black
I'm the member who applied for 1337 PNY vanity plate, got denied and eventually won my appeal..... I agree with everybody here that CA is a joke, and MRDR PNY does not offend me. In your appeal letter, just make up a different meaning than your original one.

When I initially applied for my plate back in November of last year, for the meaning, I put "leet pony" and I think that doomed my chances :(. When I wrote the appeal letter, I just mentioned that my car is a special limited anniversary edition, and I showed a picture of my special dash plaque. I think I might have a number of a manager of the DMV, so if you need it, PM me
Thank you for the offer I might take you up on that. I wasn't sure if changing the meaning would hurt me or not.