Does our Government (US) do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
First I am not political, But I wanted to ask. Seems no one in our government does anything but fight with each other like school children. Is this seriously what our money goes to pay for? Like Trump hate Trump whatever. The people will decide again at the next election that is what elections are for. The rest of washington needs to just go on and do the job they were voted in to do and not spend millions upon millions fight with each other. Honestly is anything being done to better the country of for the people any more or has or has politics just become a circus of people fighting with each other over stuff no one cares about all being funded by blank checks.

All the homelessness and hungry and sick people that could have had their lives changed for the better with the money that's been wasted on just fighting over trump's tax returns alone. And for what? so what if they get his tax returns and so what if they find he didnt pay as much as they think he should have. who among them or ourselves when it comes to taxes does not exploit a tax law to spend as little as we can on taxes.... that's right everyone does. Its a big nothing burger thats eating up everyone's time and money.

If they would have put 1/2 the passion into making America better that they put into fighting with each other we would be the greatest country again.

As for Trump, again hate him or like him who cares. But as a man how the hell can anyone do their job with people constantly up your ass? Think about it, if you went to work everyday to do your job and everyday there was nothing but a line of people wanting to pick fights, turn everything you did into some massive news frenzy, accuse you or everything constantly and so on, how would you get anything done?
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
First I am not political, But I wanted to ask. Seems no one in our government does anything but fight with each other like school children. Is this seriously what our money goes to pay for? Like Trump hate Trump whatever. The people will decide again at the next election that is what elections are for. The rest of washington needs to just go on and do the job they were voted in to do and not spend millions upon millions fight with each other. Honestly is anything being done to better the country of for the people any more or has or has politics just become a circus of people fighting with each other over stuff no one cares about all being funded by blank checks.

All the homelessness and hungry and sick people that could have had their lives changed for the better with the money that's been wasted on just fighting over trump's tax returns alone. And for what? so what if they get his tax returns and so what if they find he didnt pay as much as they think he should have. who among them or ourselves when it comes to taxes does not exploit a tax law to spend as little as we can on taxes.... that's right everyone does. Its a big nothing burger thats eating up everyone's time and money.

If they would have put 1/2 the passion into making America better that they put into fighting with each other we would be the greatest country again.

As for Trump, again hate him or like him who cares. But as a man how the hell can anyone do their job with people constantly up your ass? Think about it, if you went to work everyday to do your job and everyday there was nothing but a line of people wanting to pick fights, turn everything you did into some massive news frenzy, accuse you or everything constantly and so on, how would you get anything done?
I find it funny that people still think our votes actually matter. Now this is only based off my experience and the only news updates I get is from those around me. I don't watch any news on TV and I'm 99% off social media. Last election my wife was fresh out of the army and wanted to put all her energy into following politics and going to caucuses and more. Like a good husband, I took her to these things and got involved myself. When it was time to vote, WA was clearly for Bernie over Hillary yet some D bag that was in THE position to decide who goes forward cast our vote for Hillary. That right there was a major strike against how our voting system works. Then Trump was elected before my vote could have ever been counted. Yes, he got enough that my vote wouldn't have mattered anyways but it's still very discouraging. So my take away from the experience is that it doesn't matter at all the "the people" want. The political group from state officials to the top of national government are like their own click that run things without regard to us at all. So I guess if I'm saying anything, why does any of it matter for us to put any energy into?

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I find it funny that people still think our votes actually matter. Now this is only based off my experience and the only news updates I get is from those around me. I don't watch any news on TV and I'm 99% off social media. Last election my wife was fresh out of the army and wanted to put all her energy into following politics and going to caucuses and more. Like a good husband, I took her to these things and got involved myself. When it was time to vote, WA was clearly for Bernie over Hillary yet some D bag that was in THE position to decide who goes forward cast our vote for Hillary. That right there was a major strike against how our voting system works. Then Trump was elected before my vote could have ever been counted. Yes, he got enough that my vote wouldn't have mattered anyways but it's still very discouraging. So my take away from the experience is that it doesn't matter at all the "the people" want. The political group from state officials to the top of national government are like their own click that run things without regard to us at all. So I guess if I'm saying anything, why does any of it matter for us to put any energy into?
Yeah I really don't think votes matter it's all a game. IM not a big news fan either. but when I do turn on a tv all I see is flippin government people all fighting with each other over stupid crap. wasting millions and millions. when's the last time you actually heard a government or political story where they actually did something for the country? even then its all a bought and paid for system. No laws get passed that were not bought and paid for by some company.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Our “public servants” have forgotten who their bosses are “supposed” to be. We still have the same class structure that existed in England, but now it’s better disguised in our politics. We are treated like serfs and not constituents. The political parties are just to make us believe we actually have a voice. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Our lives are controlled mostly by unelected bureaucrats who have protections against termination for poor job performance.

Okay, waaay too much coffee this morning. Sorry.... :)

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Our “public servants” have forgotten who their bosses are “supposed” to be. We still have the same class structure that existed in England, but now it’s better disguised in our politics. We are treated like serfs and not constituents. The political parties are just to make us believe we actually have a voice. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Our lives are controlled mostly by unelected bureaucrats who have protections against termination for poor job performance.

Okay, waaay too much coffee this morning. Sorry.... :)
That and there is no longer respect in America. Again trump. like him hate him who cares but. What happened to respect for the office? I mean he is the president. The office alone should get respect. Instead people insult, make fun of, tell the president to go f^%k himself. There is no respect at all any more. I mean yesturday there were write ups all over the internet that the president "cussed at two female astronauts" Oh my god really well that is horrible. So I watch the video... UM he scratches his head????? hell I have scratched my head with the middle finger before I was not cussing at anyone. He may or may not be a jackass but damn leave him along to do his job instead of having to spend his entire presidency fighting off jackwagons looking to troll him or just cause him grief. I'M just saying we need some respect back in this country.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
when's the last time you actually heard a government or political story where they actually did something for the country?
I've heard a lot of stories about things Trump has done to live up to promises he made. I think it's refreshing as many officials forget their promises almost immediately when they are elected.

It's funny how politics are, though. For instance, recently Trump pulled some troops out of the Middle East because he promised to reduce the number of troops overseas. BOTH Dems and Rs criticized him for that. I can see the Rs criticizing it, but this is one major thing the Dems always say they are for - reducing those troops and getting out of eternal warfare. But it's more about being anti-Trump and common sense is out the window. Frankly I think both sides are taking bribes from the special interests that want to keep war going. That's the only reason I can think of why Obama promised to get us out but never followed through, for instance.

I think Trump is also using the EPA to try to push CA cities like San Francisco to solve their homeless problems. Really it's an extremely long list if you start trying to bring up all the things Trump is doing to try to help Americans.

I'm not familiar with what the other side has been doing to help Americans, though. I think they are mostly playing politics and trying to prevent Trump from rooting out corrupt government officials.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Well put, OP.

I've never toed any party line, nor will I ever, because they evolve. I have to say that the last 5-10 years of US politics have been disheartening for me. It's nearly to the point of saying fuck it all and not even vote anymore, it's readily apparent that our elected officials don't give a rats ass about us in general. They all need to go, and it's well past time for term limits.

I will say this, I've voted on either side of the stupid two-party fence, but the way things have progressed the left has little to no chance of getting a vote from me down the road (assuming I bother to vote). We need more real choices other than the same ineffective two parties we're constantly saddled with.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've heard a lot of stories about things Trump has done to live up to promises he made. I think it's refreshing as many officials forget their promises almost immediately when they are elected.

It's funny how politics are, though. For instance, recently Trump pulled some troops out of the Middle East because he promised to reduce the number of troops overseas. BOTH Dems and Rs criticized him for that. I can see the Rs criticizing it, but this is one major thing the Dems always say they are for - reducing those troops and getting out of eternal warfare. But it's more about being anti-Trump and common sense is out the window. Frankly I think both sides are taking bribes from the special interests that want to keep war going. That's the only reason I can think of why Obama promised to get us out but never followed through, for instance.

I think Trump is also using the EPA to try to push CA cities like San Francisco to solve their homeless problems. Really it's an extremely long list if you start trying to bring up all the things Trump is doing to try to help Americans.

I'm not familiar with what the other side has been doing to help Americans, though. I think they are mostly playing politics and trying to prevent Trump from rooting out corrupt government officials.
I don't think he's anyplace close to being that smart. I also see NOTHING that he is trying to do to HELP, only thing he is trying to do to make more money for the rich people he wants to be buddies with, and make racists feel that it's okay to be racist. Nearly every number that he brags about is one that was already trending well before he took office. No one shows us any respect or sees reason to respect us. We are an international joke.

That said neither side is productive in anything as all of politics has turned into a "my side is right, yours is wrong and its impossible that the best answer is in the middle." Also NO policy that is enacted really has any time to properly pan out as its 1) ripped apart before its put in place so the original idea is never fully executed, 2) its immediately screwed with and defunded or removed before ANY actual research can be done to tell if it is helping over all based only on the idea that people don't like it "in principal". They would rather fuck themselves than ever admit that an opposing idea may be the better one.

We also have a large ME not WE problem where people have 0 interest in helping others unless they can help themselves more first. Ironic as many of the people that I watch do so also claim to be religious. Another reason that I have 0 faith in any religion other than seeing it as a population control tool.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
For instance, recently Trump pulled some troops out of the Middle East because he promised to reduce the number of troops overseas.
No troops were pulled out of the Middle East. The forces were shifted from Syria to Iraq, to stand clear of the Turkish offensive.

As the President recently explained, the forces will eventually come home, but are being left in the region for now in case we (U.S.) need to reenter Syria--no withdraw date has been announced. Additionally, more units have been deployed to support Saudi Arabia. So, in effect, although some forces have been relocated from Syria, there is a net increase of U.S. forces in that region of the CENTCOM AOR (Middle East).

No opinion--just a fact.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

Like I said I'M not political. I guess that is true he is at least keeping his promises. Again not supporting or condemning the man but I guess that is why so many politicians don't like him. He is trying to do things the way they should have been done all along ( although he might not be the most graceful at it) so that is disrupting the money flow and its upsetting lots of people LOL.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Like I said I'M not political. I guess that is true he is at least keeping his promises. Again not supporting or condemning the man but I guess that is why so many politicians don't like him. He is trying to do things the way they should have been done all along ( although he might not be the most graceful at it) so that is disrupting the money flow and its upsetting lots of people LOL.
Yes, plus politicians don't want to solve problems - at least not permanently. They want a reason for existing and a reason for someone to pay them money... ahem I mean political donations.

Fastfook

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
S550
Our “public servants” have forgotten who their bosses are “supposed” to be. We still have the same class structure that existed in England, but now it’s better disguised in our politics. We are treated like serfs and not constituents.
I like your take. Interesting about the same class structure as England too, definitely more behind the curtain with our politics.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
There is a rise all over our globe of unrest against the people in charge, not just America. It will get worse. Crime, injustices, morality, general unrest, depravity, violence, lawlessness, you name anything bad it will be getting worse.

In the 70's a read a book that forecasted "good will be bad, bad will be good".
The future is well documented, you just need to know where to look.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Before Trump was even inaugurated, the D's said they would impeach him. Why? He wasn't one of "them".
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.