Dodge is killing it for 2021 Redeye vs GT500

SlowWhite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2012 Shelby GT500
I think it’s a great time to be a car but.. Hellcats, Shelbys, ZL1 Camaros, etc....

Coming from a 6spd Scat pack Challenger to a s550 GT.. comparing stock for stock.. even if performance numbers were identical. It’s just a different driving experience. The challenger was excellent for long trips. It’s like driving your living room around lol. Driving the S550 was a bit of adjustment since it’s noticeably smaller on the inside of course. It feels more sporty and not as bland. I do prefer the interface of the radio of the Dodge.. and the rear mounted radio controls on the wheel. To me it’s easier to navigate. I’m sure that’s partly from driving it for 2.5 years.

I don’t have any interest nor the income level to afford either vehicle being discussed here but it’s fun seeing companies trying to compete in the horsepower wars of today.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I think it’s a great time to be a car but.. Hellcats, Shelbys, ZL1 Camaros, etc....

Coming from a 6spd Scat pack Challenger to a s550 GT.. comparing stock for stock.. even if performance numbers were identical. It’s just a different driving experience. The challenger was excellent for long trips. It’s like driving your living room around lol. Driving the S550 was a bit of adjustment since it’s noticeably smaller on the inside of course. It feels more sporty and not as bland. I do prefer the interface of the radio of the Dodge.. and the rear mounted radio controls on the wheel. To me it’s easier to navigate. I’m sure that’s partly from driving it for 2.5 years.

I don’t have any interest nor the income level to afford either vehicle being discussed here but it’s fun seeing companies trying to compete in the horsepower wars of today.
Yeah the Challenger and Charger are definitely more comfortable. I like the big interior space, but the quality is really bad. The mustangs aren't the best either but at least you can get a carbon fiber dashboard that looks really good.

Im not super into GM but I wonder what will happen with the next Camaro.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Im not super into GM but I wonder what will happen with the next Camaro.
There won't be a 'next camaro' anytime soon. I believe GM cancelled it, ... again.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
To me this is just lazy. Put the Hellcat engine in something else call it a revelation. Then say the same engine in every model is a good thing Steal more parts from the Demon and call it something new. Slap the Hellcat engine in a Durango WOW. How short peoples memory is regarding the track-hawk! Top it off in saying that it's long in the tooth so it more reliable so it's a selling feature. It's a car not a VCR. I'll take a new design over old anyway of the week.
I dont really know what you mean by this.

They are just doing what Ford does with their Mustangs. There are so many different Mustang versions that there could be a book about every single edition, there are so many its really insane. They have been doing this since the Mustang ever came out. The recent Bullitt is just a Mustang GT with bolt-ons and a fancy paint job. The Mach 1 is just a GT350 without the voodoo engine. The GT500 becomes less interesting when you realize it, uses the same engine from the GT350, they just put a cross plane crank and put a supercharger on it. They even made changes on the engine (Gen 2 voodoo) to accommodate for the cross sharing of the GT500. Ford mixes and matches their different editions with the Mustangs, so you can say that Ford is just as lazy. Ford is even lazier because they have been doing this for such a long time.

This is the first time that Dodge is whoring out, Ford has been whoring out the Mustang for the last 55 years. They wouldn't be doing this if it didn't work with the Mustang for so long. At least with Dodge they sharing the engines in their lineup, so you get a bunch of cars with the hellcat engine instead of having a million different versions of the Mustang.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I dont really know what you mean by this.

They are just doing what Ford does with their Mustangs. There are so many different Mustang versions that there could be a book about every single edition, there are so many its really insane. They have been doing this since the Mustang ever came out. The recent Bullitt is just a Mustang GT with bolt-ons and a fancy paint job. The Mach 1 is just a GT350 without the voodoo engine. The GT500 becomes less interesting when you realize it, uses the same engine from the GT350, they just put a cross plane crank and put a supercharger on it. They even made changes on the engine (Gen 2 voodoo) to accommodate for the cross sharing of the GT500. Ford mixes and matches their different editions with the Mustangs, so you can say that Ford is just as lazy. Ford is even lazier because they have been doing this for such a long time.

This is the first time that Dodge is whoring out, Ford has been whoring out the Mustang for the last 55 years. They wouldn't be doing this if it didn't work with the Mustang for so long. At least with Dodge they sharing the engines in their lineup, so you get a bunch of cars with the hellcat engine instead of having a million different versions of the Mustang.
Liked your post mostly but I will respectfully disagree on a couple things. Ford has done an amazing job of limiting the production parts that are unique to specific models from being crossed over into lesser models. The Trinity is one. In fact none of the GT500 motors have made it into lesser models. The Road Runner still only comes in a Boss. The Voodoo will never be seen in a 5.0, Mach1, or anything else. The Terminators 4.6L. Other parts you'll never see crossed over are the CF R wheels. The R wing/splitter. GT350 wheels are still exclusive to the model as well.

But generally I will agree that Ford does some mixing and matching but the upper echelon of their mustang line up has been kept pretty unique.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Liked your post mostly but I will respectfully disagree on a couple things. Ford has done an amazing job of limiting the production parts that are unique to specific models from being crossed over into lesser models. The Trinity is one. In fact none of the GT500 motors have made it into lesser models. The Road Runner still only comes in a Boss. The Voodoo will never be seen in a 5.0, Mach1, or anything else. The Terminators 4.6L. Other parts you'll never see crossed over are the CF R wheels. The R wing/splitter. GT350 wheels are still exclusive to the model as well.

But generally I will agree that Ford does some mixing and matching but the upper echelon of their mustang line up has been kept pretty unique.
Great evaluation of the difference of brands. And Ford does a much better job protecting the consumer purchasing high end expensive vehicles. Which in turn keeps the value to the customers purchase better than others. I have owned the Hellcats for years and on my second pair now which I owned the 2016 Charger and Challenger and paid MSRP. Then in 2017 Dodge starts discounting Hellcats and creates the “Poor Mans Hellcat Lease” (pissed off many Hellcat Forum members with that slogan). You could for little to no money down lease a brand new Hellcat for $500 a month lol. Oh jeez back in 2015 I had to wait and pay MSRP and now people are being given the car just to move inventory because they built way too many Hellcats in 2016. Fast forward and I sold my Hellcats in 2018 and didn’t plan on going back unless they made something with more power. And yep sure enough passed on the Demon and then the Redeye is offered. Sat in the sidelines knowing the 15k-18k discount would eventually come and yep that’s why I own both the 2019 Redeye and Charger now. Yeah a bit long posting but thank god Ford limits production and motors specific to the cars as well. Dodge will end up stuffing the Hellcat motor in every car and truck they can.
9D67D167-9D84-49FA-8D54-338ABD9DF47E.jpeg
265A8BA9-91BE-4CC5-8472-CF03494E992F.jpeg

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
You guys are right about ford protecting their values better. I watched the corvettes and camaros get discounted up to 20% for a brand new car! How do you think the guy that bought it at the first of the model year feels about that?? Upside down would be my guess lol

So i suppose if i switch back to ford, i will have to stop bitching about ADM, because that limited supply protects me down the road, should i decide to sell.

The only thing keeping my zl1 value above water is a shortage of cars after Covid shutdowns.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
You guys are right about ford protecting their values better. I watched the corvettes and camaros get discounted up to 20% for a brand new car! How do you think the guy that bought it at the first of the model year feels about that?? Upside down would be my guess lol

So i suppose if i switch back to ford, i will have to stop bitching about ADM, because that limited supply protects me down the road, should i decide to sell.

The only thing keeping my zl1 value above water is a shortage of cars after Covid shutdowns.
Yep, I bought my '17 2SS for like 8k off MSRP new. Then 7 over for the GT500, guess that's life balancing itself out haha

This DCT alone makes it all make sense for me.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
I see both sides of it, and I guess by not having to be the first one on the block with the new hot car, it’s worked out well for me to this point.
I’d prefer to have Ford build as many as paying customers want to order.
It seems if they limited how many, with an exception for personal orders, not just for dealer stock, they could have a better balance.
Not sure what’s wrong with stuffing 700-800hp of blown Hemi into as many models as possible, and I’m sure Ford would do well by adding Predator power to the Raptor and a 4 door muscle sedan.
I can understand limiting the R models and CFTP, but the allocation game and ADM doesn’t work well for loyal and potential new customers wanting to order a GT500. Again, don’t need to let dealers order big inventory to sit and be discounted like Chevy, think balance.
Anyway, I’ll patiently wait for a ‘21, maybe even go CFTP if one comes available, but no way in hell I’d pass on a Redeye Charger either.
Damn good time to be a car guy.
-J

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What does it matter when everyone mods these cars way past the factory hp..

OP
OP
obspsd

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
What does it matter when everyone mods these cars way past the factory hp..
Bragging rights.
Also, a whole lot of people don’t mod.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I see both sides of it, and I guess by not having to be the first one on the block with the new hot car, it’s worked out well for me to this point.
I’d prefer to have Ford build as many as paying customers want to order.
It seems if they limited how many, with an exception for personal orders, not just for dealer stock, they could have a better balance.
Not sure what’s wrong with stuffing 700-800hp of blown Hemi into as many models as possible, and I’m sure Ford would do well by adding Predator power to the Raptor and a 4 door muscle sedan.
I can understand limiting the R models and CFTP, but the allocation game and ADM doesn’t work well for loyal and potential new customers wanting to order a GT500. Again, don’t need to let dealers order big inventory to sit and be discounted like Chevy, think balance.
Anyway, I’ll patiently wait for a ‘21, maybe even go CFTP if one comes available, but no way in hell I’d pass on a Redeye Charger either.
Damn good time to be a car guy.
-J
That’s not a bad idea at all, but i just don’t know if or how they’d enforce it. Reminds me of the name on the demon crate thing. At least dodge ‘tried’ to prevent the ADM...and maybe they remember some dealers ordered anyway and that’s why they dropped the super sport on their head lol.

And I LOVE the oprah throwing hellcats into the crowd thing! Anxiously awaiting the TRX, hoping it will be the love child of a raptor and trackhawk