Status
Not open for further replies.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Lots of passion about the new refresh so thought it would be to see how people feel with some numbers against it

attachment.png

attachment.jpg

attachment.png
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
All I can say is I am sure glad I own a 2011 S197 GT,The Mustang is going DOWN hill fast after the 2014 S197 model year. That new thing is BUTT UGLY.

Sponsored

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
At first sight my impression was NO! It's changes don't seem to blend with the character of 2015, but it is ushering in a new design direction, which looks interesting. Merging two different design themes isn't always easy.

I also felt it's lost it's brutish demeanor.

HOWEVER, after seeing it's pics reposted many times in the other thread, and then watching the video a couple of more times, I'm starting to dig it.

My answer is YES at this stage, but, understandably, the final verdict is when it's seen the flesh/metal/plastic.

FireDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma / 2012 HD Fatboy Lo
2015 didn't impress me. GT350 did. Kinda like the new headlights but they don't mesh with the grill design. Never did like be big grill, but somehow it doesn't bother me on the 350. The front end design just doesn't look like all the parts match up well together for me on the 2018. Maybe it'll look better in the official photos and in person? Hopefully???

OMEN_STAR

American Muscle
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monther
Vehicle(s)
Camaro 2SS/1LE
i guess it's alright, i think my brother will hate it lol
since we are camaro vs mustang

Sponsored

Egoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
The back is really nice but that front end is ugly :(

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
I don't think this color and vid did a good job of conveying how much more tidy and streamlined the front is. A lot less bulk. If picturing this design on the current bulky front end it won't work but lower hood and the air curtains looked tucked back I bet there is less bulk over the front axle

Biggest problem I always had with the 15 was in profile and from the front quarter the front end of the car looked heavier and larger than the rear.

Can't wait to see the 15 and 18 side by side.

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
I think the designers lost the plot. Dare I say the 15/16/17 design was too good? It seems to be a hard act to follow. I certainly will not be running out to trade in my '16, that's for sure.

Of the new '18 design, I can say this:

First and foremost, I like the wider grille. That helps to accentuate the cars width and makes it a little more aggressive. I also dig the colour. There's something very retro-chic about Sunshine Yellow. My 1975 AMC Hornet hatchback is almost the same colour! It also looks like they smoothed out the transition area between the hood and front fenders. That little catwalk area on the '15-'17 is a bit odd (ie: not very smooth) and also collects water. The outer edges of the hood meeting the fenders is a much more fluid design here.

The new hood is a mixed bag. While I'm sure many will appreciate the lowered center section, the new scallops just don't jive well. They are far too narrow and set too far apart. The new headlight design confuses me.... why is the inner section not flush to the body? I must be missing something there. They must have had a reason to do that. Otherwise, it just looks awkward. The lower front valance mimics the Camaro front valance and that is not a good thing. I dislike the Camaro styling so applying it to the Mustang is just not appropriate. There is something about the lower grille that just doesn't mesh with the rest of the design, either. Perhaps this car has that adaptive cruise control garbage necessitating that style grille, however I still prefer my GT with the matching upper and lower grilles.

That new spoiler looks like it might impress the tuner crowd, but it does nothing for me. Once again, I prefer the subtle little ducktail on mine.

Lastly, the tail lights and lower rear valance. Could they not come up with something better for the tail lights? Ditto the lower valance.... now it's all textured black? Kind of makes the car look like it forgot to wipe it's ass. It needs some body colour back there to break up the monotony. If I had the choice, I would've changed the tail panel and incorporated a retro touch. That gloss black plastic area is a pain in the ass to keep clean. I would've rather they change it to either a black, textured plastic that doesn't attract dust and fingerprints or better still; how about a honeycomb texture insert that mimics the 1971 tail panel? The tail light design was brilliant and should've been left alone. The one thing most owners WISH they would change - they didn't.

Overall? Not impressed with the redesign. I really do think they made the '15-'17 design too good and really had nowhere to go. Design refreshes rarely out-do the original and this is one of those cases. This looks like they changed things simply for the sake of change, and not necessarily to improve any previous design, aerodynamic or aesthetic flaws. Change it because we have to change it.

And yet, it's wearing the same 19" Performance Pack wheels. Couldn't change those, huh? Or at least, offer the silver ones as standard equipment? The number of New-take-off and used black ones on the market sure goes to show that people aren't big fans of them. lol

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
I would honestly like to see it in more colors first before making a final decision. However I don't see my '15 going anywhere for a while. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.